Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Jean, Scott, Logan and Emma deserves so much better

images.jpg
    I just remember vibing while reading this issue because I thought we was finally getting over those messed love triangles and we could see a new beginning on these characters loves lives, that was cleary the intention of this whole issue:
    • Scott and Logan deciding to give their love a new try
    • They walking past Logan and Emma and deeply kissing symbolizing they choose each other over them
    • Logan and Emma quietly accepting it and turning their back meaning they have to move on

I just find this issue the best ending for both love triangles
    I had so much hope in seeing Scott and Jean strengthening their bonds as best friends, partners and lovers and Emma/Logan finding new love interests who are able to truly love them, we got so much robbed
    It all went so wrong after that with the throuple thing out of nowhere, thats just so disrespectful to these character we all love, I cant imagine any of them accepting to be into this throuple relationship
    I just hope they will retcon that very soon maybe in the next wolverine issue in january

P.S. I got nothing against polyamory relationships, theres a lot of X-men characters I could see being into a throuple but Jean, Scott and Logan just aren't these characters it doesn't fits their personalities
    And please don't fall on marvel lies about this being meant to be about diversity they are just too afraid of all the white-males wolverine fanboys who would get mad at them for letting the "chad" Logan "lose" against Scott because they only see Jean as some kind of trophy Logan "deserves" see it's been almost 2 years and we didn't get any development on this throuple we don't even know hownit started all we know is wolverine is still banging jean and thats it
    it's just sexism thrown straight up our faces

Extraordinary Member

I agree w/ the first 2/3 rds of this but

->Jean's the one dating/sleeping with 2 people.Both Logan and Scott are only w/ her.So if anyone's a "chad" here it's her.Scott and Logan aren't sleeping w/ anyone else.

"please don't fall on marvel lies about this being meant to be about diversity"

Marvel hasn't even officially acknowledged them as a throuple , much less claimed them as "diversity".What are you talking about?

"they are just too afraid of all the white-males wolverine fanboys who would get mad at them for letting the "chad" Logan "lose" against Scott "

Jean rejected him when she came back from the dead and no one was mad same as in the picture you posted.Hickman messing around w/ new rules for Krakoa society(like the crucible for another example) is just experimenting.

"see Jean as some kind of trophy Logan "deserves" "

Jean has more prominence in this era than Logan, she's on the council and the X-men team.....

Buddy the sexism claim is not isn't adding up
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 11-15-2021 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    So if anyone's a "chad" here it's her
    I meant "chad" in a kind ironic way since Wolverine fanboys keeps making up those stupid memes about "chad wolverine cucking the virgin Cyclops" bruh

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyvinnegar View Post
    I meant "chad" in a kind ironic way since Wolverine fanboys keeps making up those stupid memes about "chad wolverine cucking the virgin Cyclops" bruh
    All characters have some of those fans, same way we have some X-men fans who are convinced that Avengers hate mutants and that Emma did nothing wrong and is the best, etc.

None of the are enough in quantity to influence writing, unless the writers themselves fall into these categories.(Like Leah w/ Emma )

I agree. Wolverine-Dazzler is the couple I never knew I needed until reading this Wolverine: The Best There Is TPB recently. Now it’s all I want. Logan and Ali in a team-up series, bouncing across the globe and maybe even a stop on Planet Arakko chasing something or someone down.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

images.jpg
    I just remember vibing while reading this issue because I thought we was finally getting over those messed love triangles and we could see a new beginning on these characters loves lives, that was cleary the intention of this whole issue:
    • Scott and Logan deciding to give their love a new try
    • They walking past Logan and Emma and deeply kissing symbolizing they choose each other over them
    • Logan and Emma quietly accepting it and turning their back meaning they have to move on

I just find this issue the best ending for both love triangles
    I had so much hope in seeing Scott and Jean strengthening their bonds as best friends, partners and lovers and Emma/Logan finding new love interests who are able to truly love them, we got so much robbed
    It all went so wrong after that with the throuple thing out of nowhere, thats just so disrespectful to these character we all love, I cant imagine any of them accepting to be into this throuple relationship
    I just hope they will retcon that very soon maybe in the next wolverine issue in january

P.S. I got nothing against polyamory relationships, theres a lot of X-men characters I could see being into a throuple but Jean, Scott and Logan just aren't these characters it doesn't fits their personalities
    And please don't fall on marvel lies about this being meant to be about diversity they are just too afraid of all the white-males wolverine fanboys who would get mad at them for letting the "chad" Logan "lose" against Scott because they only see Jean as some kind of trophy Logan "deserves" see it's been almost 2 years and we didn't get any development on this throuple we don't even know hownit started all we know is wolverine is still banging jean and thats it
    it's just sexism thrown straight up our faces
    Re the bolded, think you mean Scott an Jean, not Scott and Logan?

I am so torn on this. The idea of polyamorous relationships, indeed any non-standard marriage/relationship, on Krakoa is fascinating and interesting and right up my street.
    I just couldn’t, still can’t, get my head around it being focused on these particular characters.

Cards on table, I’m a huge slash fan, but I really, really don’t want anything more than subtext in the books; there isn enough LBQT+ representation out there, there aren’t enough LBQT+ creators and the very last thing I want is straight (usually male) writer making a pigs ear of it.
    Leave it to fanfic, we’ve been slashing the characters for forty years, we know what were doing, were fine.

Hickman is an SF fan, he’s an interesting creator, I just get the feeling from his writing on the X-Books and elsewhere that he’s interested in his plots rather than the specific characters. The Summers House feels like such a homage Heinlien’s Moon ks a Harsh Mistress (Luna living poly families lead a rebellion against Earth - I was absolutely expecting the Summer House to be leading the rebellion against the Council of Krakoa) whether this proves to be true, I don’t know if we will ever know, as he has left his project unfinished.

BANNED

"Chad, cuck"

This is one of 10,000 reasons Jean must be freed from her Laser Man shackles. Eew, eew, eew.

Morrison and Whedon engendered this fanbase.

Mighty Member

I agree w/ the first 2/3 rds of this but

->Jean's the one dating/sleeping with 2 people.Both Logan and Scott are only w/ her.So if anyone's a "chad" here it's her.Scott and Logan aren't sleeping w/ anyone else.

"please don't fall on marvel lies about this being meant to be about diversity"

Marvel hasn't even officially acknowledged them as a throuple , much less claimed them as "diversity".What are you talking about?

"they are just too afraid of all the white-males wolverine fanboys who would get mad at them for letting the "chad" Logan "lose" against Scott "

Jean rejected him when she came back from the dead and no one was mad same as in the picture you posted.Hickman messing around w/ new rules for Krakoa society(like the crucible for another example) is just experimenting.

"see Jean as some kind of trophy Logan "deserves" "

Jean has more prominence in this era than Logan, she's on the council and the X-men team.....

Buddy the sexism claim is not isn't adding up
    Jean who is Scott's backup has more prominence than Logan who is on multiple books, has his own solo book AND is headlining an event about his multiple selves? Why do Logan fans act like he's a minor character who never gets used? And then you accuse her of being the chad even though it's implied Scott is sleeping with Emma as well. Based on your own word why trash the only female in a throuple while painting the males as loyal sad puppies?

I agree with OP that in the real world Logan/Jean would never happen, but the Logan/Jean fans act like their creepy relationship is a romantic ideal.

Jean needs to get away from Scott and Logan. In stories, with them she is usually a trophy.
    Last edited by RamaBird; 11-15-2021 at 07:51 AM.

I guess I just don’t read into these relationships as much as some folks do, but any of these relationships are plausible at this point IMO. In “the real world” or otherwise. Consider all that the characters have been through.

Scott was in a good place prior to Jean’s resurrection IMO, with him together with Emma and thriving as a character (at least IMO). Then he died and Jean returned, and she seemed to be thriving (particularly in X-men Red). Logan was also dead around this time so that probably helped as she wasn’t rushed into a relationship with him either.

Then both Scott and Logan come back, and it looked like he was going to ditch Emma and return to Jean (true to form I suppose) but House of X came along and now we’ve got this weird ambiguous polyamorous thing going on, which to me just feels like Hickman screwing with the readers and especially all the shippers and saying, “It’s whatever you want it to be in your own headcanon, guys; enjoy!”

Personally I loved the heat of the Logan-Jean scene in X-Force early on (the infamous hot tub scene) and have felt like her interactions with Scott are flat and regressive. I prefer Scott with Emma and Logan with Jean as those are the more interesting relationships to me, but I also try not to get bent out of shape when things on panel don’t fit my preferences. Especially right now since it can kind of be whatever you want it to be, as I said before. Perhaps that’s the brilliance of what Hickman and crew have done here? Look at how many threads there are on here debating this very topic right now, continuing to talk about a forty year old love triangle (or rectangle now I suppose)…

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Jean who is Scott's backup has more prominence than Logan who is on multiple books, has his own solo book AND is headlining an event about his multiple selves? Why do Logan fans act like he's a minor character who never gets used? And then you accuse her of being the chad even though it's implied Scott is sleeping with Emma as well. Based on your own word why trash the only female in a throuple while painting the males as loyal sad puppies?

I agree with OP that in the real world Logan/Jean would never happen, but the Logan/Jean fans act like their creepy relationship is a romantic ideal.

Jean needs to get away from Scott and Logan. In stories, with them she is usually a trophy.
    LMFAO on Jean being Scott's backup.Also Jean has been part of the HiX-men, Cable, X-force, and the current X-men run alongside having multiple apperances in the council outside of these.

I'm not a Logan fan, I much prefer Jean to him and scott

"Scott is sleeping with Emma" Where? that FF/X-men mini where Emma and Scott talk and he says he lives to serve to which she smiles.OMG they practically got married.Seriously this is Emma frost, if you think that is implication then all comic characters have slept w/ each other.

Also did you forget the last part of Bendis's run where he says he wouldn't touch Emma w/ Namor's trident.

I'm not, I'm asking select Jean fans to stop pretending she's being treated horribly in Krakoa era and actually enjoy the damn comics.Some Jean fans give all fans a bad name, first on twitter then here smh

I agree, it's creepy.Same way Scott/Emma was...

Are you reading the current X-books?If you think Jean is a "trophy" in this era then I don't we need to discuss this further

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I guess I just don’t read into these relationships as much as some folks do, but any of these relationships are plausible at this point IMO. In “the real world” or otherwise. Consider all that the characters have been through.

Scott was in a good place prior to Jean’s resurrection IMO, with him together with Emma and thriving as a character (at least IMO). Then he died and Jean returned, and she seemed to be thriving (particularly in X-men Red). Logan was also dead around this time so that probably helped as she wasn’t rushed into a relationship with him either.

Then both Scott and Logan come back, and it looked like he was going to ditch Emma and return to Jean (true to form I suppose) but House of X came along and now we’ve got this weird ambiguous polyamorous thing going on, which to me just feels like Hickman screwing with the readers and especially all the shippers and saying, “It’s whatever you want it to be in your own headcanon, guys; enjoy!”

Personally I loved the heat of the Logan-Jean scene in X-Force early on (the infamous hot tub scene) and have felt like her interactions with Scott are flat and regressive. I prefer Scott with Emma and Logan with Jean as those are the more interesting relationships to me, but I also try not to get bent out of shape when things on panel don’t fit my preferences. Especially right now since it can kind of be whatever you want it to be, as I said before. Perhaps that’s the brilliance of what Hickman and crew have done here? Look at how many threads there are on here debating this very topic right now, continuing to talk about a forty year old love triangle (or rectangle now I suppose)…
    Great take, Hickman is def. playing us all w/ this and Marvel will gauge reaction to see whether to go forward w/ this or not

Scott and Emma will never be a thing again. They had a volatile break up.

The reality is that only Hickman and Percy acknowledge the ménage à trois between these characters that Hickman himself created. Scott and Jean don't live on the moon anymore, Hickman is leaving and X-Force sucks.

This entire thing will fade into space dust and Duggan will write a fantastic relationship between Scott and Jean while Logan will continue to do what he does elsewhere.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

LMFAO on Jean being Scott's backup.Also Jean has been part of the HiX-men, Cable, X-force, and the current X-men run alongside having multiple apperances in the council outside of these.

I'm not a Logan fan, I much prefer Jean to him and scott

"Scott is sleeping with Emma" Where? that FF/X-men mini where Emma and Scott talk and he says he lives to serve to which she smiles.OMG they practically got married.Seriously this is Emma frost, if you think that is implication then all comic characters have slept w/ each other.

Also did you forget the last part of Bendis's run where he says he wouldn't touch Emma w/ Namor's trident.

I'm not, I'm asking select Jean fans to stop pretending she's being treated horribly in Krakoa era and actually enjoy the damn comics.Some Jean fans give all fans a bad name, first on twitter then here smh

I agree, it's creepy.Same way Scott/Emma was...

Are you reading the current X-books?If you think Jean is a "trophy" in this era then I don't we need to discuss this further
    I never said she didn't have good moments in this era, we sure got some yet this do not change the fact this whole throuple relationship they're forcing Jean in is just extremely disrespectful to her whole character
    Are you really telling me Jean ain't being treated as a trophy when they came up with this throuple thing out of nowhere, didn't mind give any explanation even tho it doesn't fits any of the characters personalities and the only thing we know aside from thise ridiculous "hints" is the fact she and wolverine are having sex ? Lol ok bro, it's pretty damn obvious the very only reason this throuple is supposed to be a real thing is because they still wanted to please wolverine fans if you still doesn't see the sexism here well...
    Jean rejected him when she came back from the dead and no one was mad same as in the picture you posted
    I can just tell you for sure wasn't on twitter when this issue first came out lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    "Chad, cuck"

This is one of 10,000 reasons Jean must be freed from her Laser Man shackles. Eew, eew, eew.

Morrison and Whedon engendered this fanbase.
    For real ? Jean gets thrown into a relationship which doesn't fits her character at all for the sole purpose of having sex scenes with wolverine being treated like a trophy to make Logan look cool banging a married woman
    Yet the problem is Laser Man and his fanbase lol

Extraordinary Member

I never said she didn't have good moments in this era, we sure got some yet this do not change the fact this whole throuple relationship they're forcing Jean in is just extremely disrespectful to her whole character
    Are you really telling me Jean ain't being treated as a trophy when they came up with this throuple thing out of nowhere, didn't mind give any explanation even tho it doesn't fits any of the characters personalities and the only thing we know aside from thise ridiculous "hints" is the fact she and wolverine are having sex ? Lol ok bro, it's pretty damn obvious the very only reason this throuple is supposed to be a real thing is because they still wanted to please wolverine fans if you still doesn't see the sexism here well...

I can just tell you for sure wasn't on twitter when this issue first came out lmao
    If anything it's disrespectful to Scott since Scott and Jean were in a long term relationship and seem to be steady rn while she's sleeping w/ someone else as well.How is any of this disrespecful to Jean lmao

She isn't.Because that would mean the 2 of them showing her off/bragging/etc. If anything Jean's got a husband and a boyfriend and both know about it

If you think a woman dating 2 men who are all okay w/ it is sexist towards the woman then...

I was(been a while so maybe I don't remember), also twitter isn't really hot about Logan rn.All tweets w/ his comic version are just saying they want Laura instead.Peter, Logan and Bruce aren't well represented in comic stan accounts on their, most of their talk is about Laura and Miles are better, etc.

(Let me be clear Peter, Bruce and Logan have a much larger following in comparison to them, I'm talking comic book versions and twitter only here and stan accounts and not fans.)

For real ? Jean gets thrown into a relationship which doesn't fits her character at all for the sole purpose of having sex scenes with wolverine being treated like a trophy to make Logan look cool banging a married woman
    Funny how you say Jean was thrown into it and not Scott.And this is OOC for even Logan, he's never been the type to share and many people on here have pointed that out.This entire era has been, you think X-men would be okay w/ the crucible and so much of the other stuff going on Krakoa, c'mon now.

Calling Jean a trophy isn't it
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 11-15-2021 at 11:40 AM.

BANNED

Yes. The problem continues to be Laser Man. This kind of low self-esteem, Nice Guy energy greatly affects what can be done with Jean Grey because writers are aware of this energy.

She would have more opportunities as a character if she was not hogtied to a character that draws that kind of energy. One of the things Jean Grey fans heard for years was that she couldn't be used because some other character in the "Cyclops' love interest" role made him more manly.

Like...eww.

Jean should have a whole roster of Chads to make up for all the sex she missed while she was a Woman In a Refrigerator. Lmao
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 11-15-2021 at 04:41 PM.