View Poll Results: Queen Gobin - Who is She?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gwen Stacy

6 12.24%
  • Liz Allen

9 18.37%
  • Lily Hollister

3 6.12%
  • Carlie Cooper

4 8.16%
  • Michelle Gonzalez

1 2.04%
  • Aunt May

2 4.08%
  • Jill Stacy

1 2.04%
  • Emily Osborn (Harry's Mum)

6 12.24%
  • Sarah Stacy

2 4.08%
  • Betty Brant

1 2.04%
  • Teresa Parker

1 2.04%
  • Kristy Watson

0 0%
  • Secret sister to a major character

1 2.04%
  • Somebody we've ever heard of before with no connection to anyone important

3 6.12%
  • Other

9 18.37%
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Sounds like they are trying to create Marvel’s answer to Harley Quinn ( a character I cannot stand).
    Kafka doesnt roll off the tongue like Harley also guess that means kafka got a thing for Norman
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    If this is Kafka officially, her credibility as a doctor is over.
    In Marvel universe? Come on man lol.

Sounds like they are trying to create Marvel’s answer to Harley Quinn ( a character I cannot stand).
    I mean, so far we only have the "therapist gone evil" thing in common, whether or not they'll try to make her a mainstay like Harley is anyone's guess, and the way Marvel talked about her makes it sound like she's just another villain, although that could be a lie.

I honestly doubt she's gonna be more than a villain though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Kafka doesnt roll off the tongue like Harley also guess that means kafka got a thing for Norman
    That would be ironic since Norman is not evil at the moment lol.

Astonishing Member

I’ll never believe Harley Quinn has a PhD in Forensic Psychology. Kafka, I did believe that, until they de-aged an average looking, middle-aged woman into another hot 20-something *sigh*. Even so, she can be a de-aged clone and STILL more believable than Harley. I’ll wait for this to play out. It’s kinda dumb, but nothing interesting has been done with Kafka since the Vermin and Harry stuff in the early 90s. So at least they’re doing something with her…

Incredible Member

Cissy Ironwood OR Debra Whitman

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    the way Marvel talked about her makes it sound like she's just another villain, although that could be a lie.
    The overblown social media promo is the reason I started the thread. Shame I didn't grab it or I'd have added it to my first post.

"The Green Goblin brought tragedy. The Hobgoblin brought Chaos. The Red Goblin brought Carnage. Now, all Hail their Queen."

I thought it was a funny way of setting up a villain by sitting her side-by-side with two of Spider-man's most notorious, beloved and time tested foes. Especially after the many, MANY other failed Goblins out there. I get they need to promote their new character (though another Goblin is hardly the freshest of "new" ideas) but surely highlight her uniqueness instead of stacking her against two of the most famous and enduring.

That's not to say I'm not interested (much less so if the identity reveal is accurate), I'm hoping she'll be a fun new villain to have in the mix for a bit, but I do enjoy poking a little fun (and comics are meant to be fun).

I'll echo the please no "Harley Quinn" rip-off for no other reason than I don't see that lightning striking again. I do love Harley, though.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

People here might detest it but I think if Goblin Queen was something unexpected like MJ or Felicia that would be very interesting.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    People here might detest it but I think if Goblin Queen was something unexpected like MJ or Felicia that would be very interesting.
    It would ruin a good character after having a decades of them already being ruined for a small arc in a placeholder run

Kafka was Unexpected, no one mentioned here even once.Hopefully they develop it well

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    That sounds like a twist for the sake of a twist lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Kafka was Unexpected, no one mentioned here even once.Hopefully they develop it well
    I think that Kafka was mentioned in another thread as a suspect.

Honestly, when fans theorize, outta nowhere theories show up, that Voyager in Avengers: No Surrender was apparently deduced by someone that she's Grandmaster's daughter, and before the reveal, there were no hints of this, so yeah, someone deducing Queen Goblin is Kafka ain't far fetched.

That sounds like a twist for the sake of a twist lol.

I think that Kafka was mentioned in another thread as a suspect.

Honestly, when fans theorize, outta nowhere theories show up, that Voyager in Avengers: No Surrender was apparently deduced by someone that she's Grandmaster's daughter, and before the reveal, there were no hints of this, so yeah, someone deducing Queen Goblin is Kafka ain't far fetched.
    It's the 1000 monkeys thing. if enough people make random guesses one will probably get it. Possibly fully at random with no actual logic behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    It's the 1000 monkeys thing. if enough people make random guesses one will probably get it. Possibly fully at random with no actual logic behind it.
    Specially when joking.

Back when Kindred's identity was still a secret, one of my bullshit guesses was that he was that actress who impersonated aunt May and died, it even more or less fit with the clues given (Died before Mysterio, had a connection with Norman) .

I would be pretty annoyed if I was right by the way lol.

Anyways, I remembered where the guess about Voyager was:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...ersNoSurrender

So someone guessed she's an Elder of the universe, not that she's Grandmaster's daughter, but hey, close enough, and was a good guess.

Astonishing Member

In Marvel universe? Come on man lol.

I mean, so far we only have the "therapist gone evil" thing in common, whether or not they'll try to make her a mainstay like Harley is anyone's guess, and the way Marvel talked about her makes it sound like she's just another villain, although that could be a lie.

I honestly doubt she's gonna be more than a villain though.

That would be ironic since Norman is not evil at the moment lol.
    Marvel wants her to be more then another villain. Why? Lots of Financial opportunities ( see Quinn, Harley). The fact they picked a therapist of all professions from accountant to Zoologist is another hint of that. They cannot make her too much like Harley because DC has that character trademarked, but if people think Harley all the better for Marvel.

I hope this is eventually revealed as Beyond's doing and reversed tbh.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Writing in the other thread I just thought that it's going to be Norman's Goblin "soul" from Kindred possessing her, isn't it? I don't know if that's better or worse.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Marvel wants her to be more then another villain. Why? Lots of Financial opportunities ( see Quinn, Harley). The fact they picked a therapist of all professions from accountant to Zoologist is another hint of that. They cannot make her too much like Harley because DC has that character trademarked, but if people think Harley all the better for Marvel.
    So because there's a minimal similarity you're talking like she's definitely gonna be like Harley.

I'm not saying there's no chance of it happening, but you're just making a guess here, could be right, but let's not talk like it's so definite.

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Yeah, Kafka is a character with interesting potential in Spidey's support cast, not really sure if making her into yet another villain who's another-nother Goblin is gonna work, but hey, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Writing in the other thread I just thought that it's going to be Norman's Goblin "soul" from Kindred possessing her, isn't it? I don't know if that's better or worse.
    Well, it's something else possessing her into being evil, it's not even something she injected on herself, or an evil personality or whatever, it's an outside force that randomly chose her, that does her no favors since her own character doesn't matter for this, since it could be literally anyone else, unless Kafka's PHD is used for something here, but I doubt that'll matter.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 11-23-2021 at 08:41 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Yeah, Kafka is a character with interesting potential in Spidey's support cast, not really sure if making her into yet another villain who's another-nother Goblin is gonna work, but hey, who knows.
    Quoting for truth