View Poll Results: Queen Gobin - Who is She?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gwen Stacy

6 12.24%
  • Liz Allen

9 18.37%
  • Lily Hollister

3 6.12%
  • Carlie Cooper

4 8.16%
  • Michelle Gonzalez

1 2.04%
  • Aunt May

2 4.08%
  • Jill Stacy

1 2.04%
  • Emily Osborn (Harry's Mum)

6 12.24%
  • Sarah Stacy

2 4.08%
  • Betty Brant

1 2.04%
  • Teresa Parker

1 2.04%
  • Kristy Watson

0 0%
  • Secret sister to a major character

1 2.04%
  • Somebody we've ever heard of before with no connection to anyone important

3 6.12%
  • Other

9 18.37%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Default Queen Goblin - Who Is She?

Whether it excites you or makes you roll your eyes, Spidey has yet another new Goblin incoming.

Rather than pull at threads and sift for clues as we did thoughout the whole Kindred Saga, I say we take a massive punt and guess her identity right now before the character has even debuted!

The names in the poll are the most obvious/ridiculous to me but please put forward any name, the more outlandish the better, and even more so if you give your own backstory to how/why this has happened.

This is for FUN. No need to take it seriously or crap on others' ideas.

I skipped a few obvious ones because it's highly unlikely to be MJ or Felicia. However, if you have a ludicrous scenario for them I am here for it!

I'm kinda hoping for Harry's Mum as that's just dumb enough to be super fun. Seriously, that would suck but I'd laugh my ass off.

My boring guess is Carlie, btw.
    Last edited by exile001; 11-15-2021 at 08:34 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

there isnt a poll.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    there isnt a poll.
    Weirdly, it creates the post then takes you to create the poll. It took a minute.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    there isnt a poll.
    Seconded

My guess is Liz Allan, someone said Betty but she's preggers rn and Janine wouldn't make sense from what little we've seen so far

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    someone said Betty but she's preggers
    That didn't stop Lily back when she was Menace...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    That didn't stop Lily back when she was Menace...
    I know, I just feel it's too weird that it'll happen twice.

That and she doesn't look pregnant

The way Marvel pulls crazy crap out of their butt as of late I would put good money that the Goblin Queen will some how end up being Pepper Potts

Or the clone of the love child of Aunt May and Willie Lumpkin from an Alternate universe where Uncle Ben is Onslaught.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

I can’t believe Janine or Maxine Danger aren’t options. Both are female characters specifically introduced (or in Janine’s case re-introduced after two decades) for the Beyond event.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Whether it excites you or makes you roll your eyes, Spidey has yet another new Goblin incoming.

Rather than pull at threads and sift for clues as we did thoughout the whole Kindred Saga, I say we take a massive punt and guess her identity right now before the character has even debuted!

The names in the poll are the most obvious/ridiculous to me but please put forward any name, the more outlandish the better, and even more so if you give your own backstory to how/why this has happened.

I skipped a few obvious ones because it's highly unlikely to be MJ or Felicia. However, if you have a ludicrous scenario for them I am here for it!

I'm kinda hoping for Harry's Mum as that's just dumb enough to be super fun. Seriously, that would suck but I'd laugh my ass off.

Who do I think it is? Liz. Who do I want it to be? Nora. Why? If there is a more disagreeable non-villain female character in the history of Spider-Man then Nora I have yet to see her ( and that includes Michelle Gonzalez). She has what it takes to be an evil character: Self-centered, vindictive and egotistical.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

I'll throw another possibility into the mix that hasn't been mentioned: Jessica, the daughter of the burglar who briefly dated Ben during the Clone Saga.

What if she's responsible for Ben (and potentially Peter) losing their memories of Uncle Ben, the ultimate revenge?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post

The Goblin Queen should have been: Madelyne Pryor. This is a character that Nick Lowe should have used since he was once The X-Men Editor. Marvel should focus on migrating charters to other places as a way of promoting the character...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    The Goblin Queen should have been: Madelyne Pryor. This is a character that Nick Lowe should have used since he was once The X-Men Editor. Marvel should focus on migrating charters to other places as a way of promoting the character...

She's making a big comeback in comebacks currently.Like last week currently

But I'd like to see Her interact w/ Spidey

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, the mask was themed after Anubis, the jackal-headed god of the underworld, given that Ben claimed Warren's advancements in cloning tech could be used to effectively resurrect (or "reanimate") the dead. I'd been thinking it would have been a good idea if as a consequence of this tampering in the domain of life and death, he ended up forced to serve as avatar and champion of the Aztec underworld, called Mictlan, tying him into Kaine's Scarlet Spider series and its follow-up in that same writer's New Warriors series with Aracely/Hummingbird, apparently the reincarnation of the Aztec sun/war god Huitzilopochtli, for whom Kaine was destined to serve as champion.
    It would be weird to say Ben all of a sudden got possessed by some god just because he's doing something vaguely related with that god, specially it happening in ASM, where magic is not used as much.

Maybe it could happen with Ben's Scarlet Spidey as a way to retcon his actions I guess...

That aside, I, too, liked the idea of Ben taking Peter's "No One Dies" vow after Marla Madison-Jameson's death to (potentially apocalyptic) extremes, reflecting a darker version of Peter's refusal to accept that he couldn't save everyone, regardless of how hard he tried and how fast, strong, tough, determined, or smart he was. Shame it went off the rails, though.
    Yeah, it went from 0 to 100 in a few pages....

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post

I wonder how difficult it is to use X-Men characters, Madelyne just got resurrected, and Hellion#18 implies she'll do evil shit around, so maybe not now... But apparently Selene has been showing up in Captain America, so at least if the character ain't doing much they're fair game.

She's making a big comeback in comebacks currently.Like last week currently

But I'd like to see Her interact w/ Spidey
    I think Spidey interacting with her wouldn't help with his clone racism, specially if he learns that she's the reason Inferno happened, y'know, the story that made Demo-Goblin happen .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I think Spidey interacting with her wouldn't help with his clone racism, specially if he learns that she's the reason Inferno happened, y'know, the story that made Demo-Goblin happen .
    Isn't Spidey supportive of clones in general, I mean he has a better understanding of them in comparison to most.

Isn't Spidey supportive of clones in general, I mean he has a better understanding of them in comparison to most.
    He does, there was occasional lapses like him talking shit about Ben, but that can be chalked up to bad experiences and not a problem with clones themselves (And considering Ben made Clone Conspiracy happen, understandable for him to be wary of Ben), I said the racism thing as a joke lol.

The prejudice that is really annoying is the one he used to have with symbiotes, he talked with annoying consistency like all of them are evil, even after meeting Toxin and learning that Flash is Venom, and in Venon Inc he talks like the Venom symbiote is evil and it had to be killed:

(ASM#792)

Like, fuck, he was talking about actually killing Venom, 'cause Spidey casually talking about killing is in-character... This is pushing it even by Slott's standards lol.

Although, after that story and Go Down Swinging, it seems to finally be gone, and now at worst he just feels guilty for the suffering symbiotes have caused, which's his usual guilty complex I guess... Pretty stupid that Cates decided to say that because symbiotes were already on Earth, then Spidey has no reason to feel guilty anymore, 'cause since most symbiote related shit happened because of Venom and Carnage, he still has plenty to feel guilty about lol.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 12-10-2021 at 07:31 AM.