View Poll Results: Queen Gobin - Who is She?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gwen Stacy

6 12.24%
  • Liz Allen

9 18.37%
  • Lily Hollister

3 6.12%
  • Carlie Cooper

4 8.16%
  • Michelle Gonzalez

1 2.04%
  • Aunt May

2 4.08%
  • Jill Stacy

1 2.04%
  • Emily Osborn (Harry's Mum)

6 12.24%
  • Sarah Stacy

2 4.08%
  • Betty Brant

1 2.04%
  • Teresa Parker

1 2.04%
  • Kristy Watson

0 0%
  • Secret sister to a major character

1 2.04%
  • Somebody we've ever heard of before with no connection to anyone important

3 6.12%
  • Other

9 18.37%
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    As funny as this whole situation is and how bizarre it is that theyīre making Kafka a villain, I do like them giving Ben his own Green Goblin. It helps build up his rogues gallery if nothing else.
    The problem is him getting rip-offs instead of villains who stand out more lol.

That being said, I personally believe Miles Warren was already Ben (and Kaineīs) Green Goblin, but since hes trapped in Earth-65 or whatever heīs likely out of commission for a while (thank god, **** The Jackal), so yeah.
    Are you talking like Marvel has writers who give a damn about those things? Remember Phil was cured from the Goblin Serum and was imprisoned, and Slott had him return with powers anyways, Jackal could easily return with no explanation.

Not saying that I'd want that to happen, but, y'know, Marvel lol.

Also I find it kinda amusing how two of Benīs villains (Queen Goblin and Carolyn Trainer) are both female counterparts of two of Peterīs most famous villains (Green Goblin and Doc Ock). Some coincidence, huh? Lol
    I wonder if it's a coincidence, 'cause back in Peter David's Spectacular Spider, he got Mysteria, and while she turned out to be a robot, it seems that there's a meme at Marvel to give Ben sex changed versions of Spidey's villains.

So now the question is, when's he getting She-Carnage? Or Male Calypso? And I guess he could get Ana as his female Kraven .

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    The problem is him getting rip-offs instead of villains who stand out more lol.
    Canīt say I disagree. Iīll admit Iīd also like for Ben to get more original villains, but Iīll take what I can get.
    Lol. Could you imagine if they ended up bringing Judas Traveller back? Better yet they bring him and his stupid team he had for like, the first arc he appeared in only for them to never show up again. Scrier too. Iīd legit pay good money to see that.
    Wonder who that mystery character from Benīs past in BR:SM is gonna be...

Are you talking like Marvel has writers who give a damn about those things? Remember Phil was cured from the Goblin Serum and was imprisoned, and Slott had him return with powers anyways, Jackal could easily return with no explanation.
    Not saying that I'd want that to happen, but, y'know, Marvel lol.
    I mean...yeah they always could bring him back, but does ANYONE actually like Miles Warren? I havenīt met a single person who likes the Jackal, so I donīt really know who bringing back that character would be for. Then again, who am I to question the ĻHouse of IdeasĻ, anyways?

I wonder if it's a coincidence, 'cause back in Peter David's Spectacular Spider, he got Mysteria, and while she turned out to be a robot, it seems that there's a meme at Marvel to give Ben sex changed versions of Spidey's villains.

So now the question is, when's he getting She-Carnage? Or Male Calypso? And I guess he could get Ana as his female Kraven .
    So...what youīre saying is...Male Black Cat equivalent incoming.
    Honestly though you bring up a good point. Maybe it is some sort of inside joke. Although you could probably make Scream his own Venom/Carnage since he antagonized the **** outta that girl during his first encounter with Venom.

Lol. Could you imagine if they ended up bringing Judas Traveller back? Better yet they bring him and his stupid team he had for like, the first arc he appeared in only for them to never show up again. Scrier too. Iīd legit pay good money to see that.
    Wouldn't Judas Traveller be just a Mysterio rip-off with his powers? Well, he could always not be as flamboyant about it...

I mean...yeah they always could bring him back, but does ANYONE actually like Miles Warren? I havenīt met a single person who likes the Jackal, so I donīt really know who bringing back that character would be for. Then again, who am I to question the ĻHouse of IdeasĻ, anyways?
    Thing is that, despite how disliked Jackal is, he keeps returning anyways, Spider-Island, Clone Conspiracy, the first arc in MTU's volume 4, Ghost-Spider... For someone so hated, he keeps returning, and only Ghost Spidey makes some sense 'cause it's him harassing another Gwen.

So...what youīre saying is...Male Black Cat equivalent incoming.
    Hell yeah .

And let's be fair with Spidey here and give him a rip-off of one of Ben's original villains, so he gets a male Joystick, who uses the same name so he gets unfortunate puns .

Honestly though you bring up a good point. Maybe it is some sort of inside joke. Although you could probably make Scream his own Venom/Carnage since he antagonized the **** outta that girl during his first encounter with Venom.
    I mean, he also saved her from Venom in Web of Spider-Man#119 and Spider-Man#53, so unless something happened afterwards, she shouldn't be trying to kill him lol.

Wouldn't Judas Traveller be just a Mysterio rip-off with his powers? Well, he could always not be as flamboyant about it...
    Probably. I personally always assumed if they were ever to bring him back that they'd end up retconning him (The Spider-Office seems to love retcons...), but I guess if they want a "Not-Mysterio" he fits the bill pretty well.

Thing is that, despite how disliked Jackal is, he keeps returning anyways, Spider-Island, Clone Conspiracy, the first arc in MTU's volume 4, Ghost-Spider... For someone so hated, he keeps returning, and only Ghost Spidey makes some sense 'cause it's him harassing another Gwen.
    Fair enough, yeah...Gotta wonder if someone in editorial thinks they can make the Jackal work. (spoiler alert: you can't.)

Hell yeah .

And let's be fair with Spidey here and give him a rip-off of one of Ben's original villains, so he gets a male Joystick, who uses the same name so he gets unfortunate puns .
    It'd be a repeat of the Paste-Pot-Pete situation

I mean, he also saved her from Venom in Web of Spider-Man#119 and Spider-Man#53, so unless something happened afterwards, she shouldn't be trying to kill him lol.
    Huh. I somehow forgot about that bit. Well then yeah I guess that can't work...
    *Searches for other dead-weight life-foundation symbiotes to become Ben's equivalent to Venom/Carnage...*
    AWW YEAH, IT'S AGONY'S TIME TO SHINE!!!
    unknown.jpg

Probably. I personally always assumed if they were ever to bring him back that they'd end up retconning him (The Spider-Office seems to love retcons...), but I guess if they want a "Not-Mysterio" he fits the bill pretty well.
    If he were to be separated from Mysterio in something besides personality, they could always say he has some other power on top of his illusions (Kinda like Selene is a mutant who also knows magic, although what is her mutant power and what is magic is difficult to point out lol), or even say he got other powers from the rarely used secondary mutation (Which was established in Morrison's New X-Men to explain where Emma's diamond form came from, but again, rarely used afterwards), maybe even use that other power to explain how in the **** hell he defeated Carnage if anyone cares about that being explained lol.

Fair enough, yeah...Gotta wonder if someone in editorial thinks they can make the Jackal work.
    I think it's a case of them using something notorious even if not liked, hell, it's how Kaine got another chance, though in his case it worked.

(spoiler alert: you can't.)
    Yeah, the closest thing of him being used in a way that "works" is how Slott used him in Spider-Island, which removed the Gwen angle and made him into a mad scientist who perhaps has a literal hate boner for Peter, even then, meh...

Honestly, for me the best version of Jackal is Spectacular Spidey's, and he's not even Jackal there, just villanous scientist who's a real callous *******, and it works pretty well lol.

Makes me wonder if his role afterwards would be only the villanous scientist part, or maybe he'd become Jackal, I hope he wouldn't, would be a downgrade, but, the experiments he was making could eventually make him mutate like he did with Kraven... But we'll probably never know.

It'd be a repeat of the Paste-Pot-Pete situation
    Yeah, but this time it'd be intentional .

Huh. I somehow forgot about that bit. Well then yeah I guess that can't work...
    *Searches for other dead-weight life-foundation symbiotes to become Ben's equivalent to Venom/Carnage...*
    AWW YEAH, IT'S AGONY'S TIME TO SHINE!!!
    unknown.jpg
    It's pretty hilarious that Venom started entire generations of symbiotes with tryhard names, with Sleeper being one of the few exceptions lol.

As funny as this whole situation is and how bizarre it is that theyīre making Kafka a villain, I do like them giving Ben his own Green Goblin. It helps build up his rogues gallery if nothing else.

That being said, I personally believe Miles Warren was already Ben (and Kaineīs) Green Goblin, but since hes trapped in Earth-65 or whatever heīs likely out of commission for a while (thank god, **** The Jackal), so yeah.

Also I find it kinda amusing how two of Benīs villains (Queen Goblin and Carolyn Trainer) are both female counterparts of two of Peterīs most famous villains (Green Goblin and Doc Ock). Some coincidence, huh? Lol
    I still think they should bring back Menace. I mean... we've already had a female Goblin! Yes I know... Lily is a cat-girl now.... :/ the Goblin look was cooler even if she was more Hobgoblin than Green Goblin.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I mean...yeah they always could bring him back, but does ANYONE actually like Miles Warren? I havenīt met a single person who likes the Jackal, so I donīt really know who bringing back that character would be for.
    There are plenty of us who like/love the Jackal and all the clone-based craziness that comes with him. We tend to get drowned out by the consensus on here. Lol.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    There are plenty of us who like/love the Jackal and all the clone-based craziness that comes with him. We tend to get drowned out by the consensus on here. Lol.
    I'm a bit ambivalent..... but mainly because of how few stories I actually remember him being in. the IDEA of him sounds great though.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I still think they should bring back Menace. I mean... we've already had a female Goblin! Yes I know... Lily is a cat-girl now.... :/ the Goblin look was cooler even if she was more Hobgoblin than Green Goblin.
    Has she even done anything as Queen Cat anyways? Lol.

Well, I stand corrected! More power to you.
    ...But just to be sure, are we sure you arenīt a clone whoīs been programmed to say that?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Personally, I love the Scarlet Spiders and a good number of the characters introduced with or around them, but Jackal, despite his occasional entertainment value, is a despicable creep who deserves all the hate he gets.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Personally, I love the Scarlet Spiders and a good number of the characters introduced with or around them, but Jackal, despite his occasional entertainment value, is a despicable creep who deserves all the hate he gets.
    Enh, he seems like a good villain concept... key word: VILLAIN.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Lol. At least he is the best character in that show (it's close though).

If you think I'm alone on this you should see me talk about Grant Morrison. I'm one of the few here who thinks they're... hit and miss!

Well, I stand corrected! More power to you.
    ...But just to be sure, are we sure you arenīt a clone whoīs been programmed to say that?
    Dammit, you figured it out. I was Spidercide all along! Lol
    Last edited by exile001; 12-09-2021 at 05:32 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I would agree with this, largely. Ben is my favorite character, and I love Kaine. A lot of the Clone Saga era characters work for me. But if we never see the Jackal again I'd be totally OK with it. Bonus points if they let Kaine perma-death him, just for the catharsis of the whole thing.

I'd prefer it writers use him going forward they reimagine the character in some way. Not sure what would work, but something different. He's like boring Clone-Guy Joker since the Clone Saga. I actually kind of dug the first Jackal episode of the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon, where he was just a thug stealing some tech before they got into all the crazy clone shenanigans. A bit more old school, which I feel like Peter's rogues gallery could use these days.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I would agree with this, largely. Ben is my favorite character, and I love Kaine. A lot of the Clone Saga era characters work for me. But if we never see the Jackal again I'd be totally OK with it. Bonus points if they let Kaine perma-death him, just for the catharsis of the whole thing.

I'd prefer it writers use him going forward they reimagine the character in some way. Not sure what would work, but something different. He's like boring Clone-Guy Joker since the Clone Saga. I actually kind of dug the first Jackal episode of the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon, where he was just a thug stealing some tech before they got into all the crazy clone shenanigans. A bit more old school, which I feel like Peter's rogues gallery could use these days.
    ...You know, as much as I dislike the execution, I kinda liked the concept of Jackal Ben. I donīt believe it necessarily fit BEN as a character, but using a clone of Peter as a dark reflection of him and his morals had potential imo, and perhaps more staying power than Warren has. Plus he had a way cooler design.
    Perhaps bring Spidercide back as the Jackal, lol.