View Poll Results: Queen Gobin - Who is She?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gwen Stacy

6 12.24%
  • Liz Allen

9 18.37%
  • Lily Hollister

3 6.12%
  • Carlie Cooper

4 8.16%
  • Michelle Gonzalez

1 2.04%
  • Aunt May

2 4.08%
  • Jill Stacy

1 2.04%
  • Emily Osborn (Harry's Mum)

6 12.24%
  • Sarah Stacy

2 4.08%
  • Betty Brant

1 2.04%
  • Teresa Parker

1 2.04%
  • Kristy Watson

0 0%
  • Secret sister to a major character

1 2.04%
  • Somebody we've ever heard of before with no connection to anyone important

3 6.12%
  • Other

9 18.37%
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

I've got mixed feelings about this because on the one hand I've pretty much accepted that introducing a new goblin character every 5 years or so just comes along with Spider-man's world but on the other hand i feel like the most interesting thing they could do with Ben is have him throwdown with Norman again to gain some measure of revenge over the CS but it doesn't seem like Marvel has any interest in that whether it be in beyond or going forward.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    I've got mixed feelings about this because on the one hand I've pretty much accepted that introducing a new goblin character every 5 years or so just comes along with Spider-man's world but on the other hand i feel like the most interesting thing they could do with Ben is have him throwdown with Norman again to gain some measure of revenge over the CS but it doesn't seem like Marvel has any interest in that whether it be in beyond or going forward.
    Considering Norman is currently still "cleansed" of his sins for the moment, it probably wouldn't be as good a fight as we ought to get. Still, I wouldn't be averse to seeing Ben confront the "cleansed" Norman, given that Norman killing him in the first place set off the chain of events that led to The Clone Conspiracy.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Considering Norman is currently still "cleansed" of his sins for the moment, it probably wouldn't be as good a fight as we ought to get. Still, I wouldn't be averse to seeing Ben confront the "cleansed" Norman, given that Norman killing him in the first place set off the chain of events that led to The Clone Conspiracy.
    Maybe not a fight but more of confrontation? Anyways, not going to happen with Beyond ending at #93.

Maybe if they keep Ben somewhat around as supporting cast? But I'm daydreaming

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Maybe not a fight but more of confrontation? Anyways, not going to happen with Beyond ending at #93.

Uh-huh. That would be nice, at least. Maybe Ben goes to Norman for help or information dealing with the Queen Goblin.

Astonishing Member

The fate of Ben is another one of the questions that will be interesting post ASM 93. Here are a few more. 1: Who will be writing the comic? 2: What happens to the Beyond Corporate? 3: What is Felicia’s role going forward? 4: What about unresolved plot lines from Spencer such as the ring and the Mysterio movie? 5: When does Norman turn evil again? 6: Will Goblin Queen be a Ben or Peter enemy? 8: Ben and Jannie? 9: Peter and MJ? 10; Will Marvel stop the beating up of both Peter and Ben? Comments?

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    The fate of Ben is another one of the questions that will be interesting post ASM 93. Here are a few more. 1: Who will be writing the comic? 2: What happens to the Beyond Corporate? 3: What is Felicia’s role going forward? 4: What about unresolved plot lines from Spencer such as the ring and the Mysterio movie? 5: When does Norman turn evil again? 6: Will Goblin Queen be a Ben or Peter enemy? 8: Ben and Jannie? 9: Peter and MJ? 10; Will Marvel stop the beating up of both Peter and Ben? Comments?
    11: will Carolyn ever find love... and/or Ben? possibly at the same place?

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Good questions, all.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    11: will Carolyn ever find love... and/or Ben? possibly at the same place?
    I would be tempted to ship Ben and Carolyn if not for the fact that Ben and Janine are still together and happily so, at least for the moment. Speaking of villainess/hero ships for Ben, I'm a bit more partial to Joystick/Ben, though.

I would be tempted to ship Ben and Carolyn if not for the fact that Ben and Janine are still together and happily so, at least for the moment. Speaking of villainess/hero ships for Ben, I'm a bit more partial to Joystick/Ben, though.
    Hmm... yes... good points. I was thinking of back before she managed to ressurect Otto, back then... it made sense... but yeah, that was then.

Hmm... yes... good points. I was thinking of back before she managed to ressurect Otto, back then... it made sense... but yeah, that was then.
    Lots have changed since then.

Dunno how exactly I missed this but:

Will that machine that lets her see memories play a role in the story? Not just the QG but the Beyond one
    Excuse me, w h a t

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Dunno how exactly I missed this but:

Excuse me, w h a t
    See the Kafka back up in ASM #75

Lots have changed since then.
    Sooo who would you ship with Carolyn then?

Astonishing Member

Sooo who would you ship with Carolyn then?
    Why do people think Ben should shipped with Lady Ock? She’s an amoral psycho, who I’m pretty sure has murdered people (and tried to kill her Dad, Seward, who was Ben’s best friend). Ben should either be with Janine or Jessica Carradine (although I did have a soft spot for Desiree).

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Why do people think Ben should shipped with Lady Ock? She’s an amoral psycho, who I’m pretty sure has murdered people (and tried to kill her Dad, Seward, who was Ben’s best friend). Ben should either be with Janine or Jessica Carradine (although I did have a soft spot for Desiree).
    Good point. Thanks for reminding me. I would rather see Ben with Janine still, though I did like the idea of Ben/Carolyn as a twist on the intense antagonism between Spider-Man and Doctor Octopus.

Honestly I'm kind of hoping for Gwen as tragically speaking it'd be very impactful but I know it will not be her and like an unamed rando or some nearly vague/unknown character who hasn't been seen in decades.