View Poll Results: Queen Gobin - Who is She?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gwen Stacy

6 12.24%
  • Liz Allen

9 18.37%
  • Lily Hollister

3 6.12%
  • Carlie Cooper

4 8.16%
  • Michelle Gonzalez

1 2.04%
  • Aunt May

2 4.08%
  • Jill Stacy

1 2.04%
  • Emily Osborn (Harry's Mum)

6 12.24%
  • Sarah Stacy

2 4.08%
  • Betty Brant

1 2.04%
  • Teresa Parker

1 2.04%
  • Kristy Watson

0 0%
  • Secret sister to a major character

1 2.04%
  • Somebody we've ever heard of before with no connection to anyone important

3 6.12%
  • Other

9 18.37%
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    Honestly I'm kind of hoping for Gwen as tragically speaking it'd be very impactful but I know it will not be her and like an unamed rando or some nearly vague/unknown character who hasn't been seen in decades.
    Oh, sweet ignorance and naivety, It's been so long that I forgot how it felt to be so...blissed.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Why do people think Ben should shipped with Lady Ock? She’s an amoral psycho, who I’m pretty sure has murdered people (and tried to kill her Dad, Seward, who was Ben’s best friend). Ben should either be with Janine or Jessica Carradine (although I did have a soft spot for Desiree).
    Right, you don't like Carolyn with ben. But.. who do you think WOULD be a good person to pair with Carolyn?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Right, you don't like Carolyn with ben. But.. who do you think WOULD be a good person to pair with Carolyn?
    I don’t care about Carolyn’s love life any more than I care about Carnage’s love life or Mysterio’s love life.

Why do people think Ben should shipped with Lady Ock? She’s an amoral psycho, who I’m pretty sure has murdered people (and tried to kill her Dad, Seward, who was Ben’s best friend). Ben should either be with Janine or Jessica Carradine (although I did have a soft spot for Desiree).
    Shippers don't care about useless details like chemistry or logic .

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    Honestly I'm kind of hoping for Gwen as tragically speaking it'd be very impactful but I know it will not be her and like an unamed rando or some nearly vague/unknown character who hasn't been seen in decades.
    We already know who Queen Goblin is, Marvel made a cover that has Kafka's name saying she is QG:

Granted that could be bait, but somehow I doubt it.

I don’t care about Carolyn’s love life any more than I care about Carnage’s love life or Mysterio’s love life.
    Something like Carnage's love like is the kind that is better to not know if he has one, a violent psychopath like that in love... Yeah, better we don't get to see that.

Extraordinary Member

Well I think we all should celebrate Mysterio's love life for taking one for the team to save us from the horrendous Sins Past

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Something like Carnage's love like is the kind that is better to not know if he has one, a violent psychopath like that in love... Yeah, better we don't get to see that.
    But what about Lady Octopus?

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

What about Shriek?

They just did a whole movie about Carnage's love life where Shriek was the linchpin of his half-assed, woefully neglected character arc.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Well I think we all should celebrate Mysterio's love life for taking one for the team to save us from the horrendous Sins Past
    17 years too late, but hey, better late than never I guess lol.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    But what about Lady Octopus?
    I don't ship, so whatever lol.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    What about Shriek?

They just did a whole movie about Carnage's love life where Shriek was the linchpin of his half-assed, woefully neglected character arc.
    Carnage sounds like the kind of character who'd kill whoever he's in love with for the sake of giving us gory nonsense, or kill for the one he's in love with, so again, would rather not see that lol.

spoilers:
    Any more "What about X?" questions?
    end of spoilers

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Carnage sounds like the kind of character who'd kill whoever he's in love with for the sake of giving us gory nonsense, or kill for the one he's in love with, so again, would rather not see that lol.
    I get that, I have the same thing with Joker despite actually liking what Harley has become.

Way back in Maximum Carnage, which started the Carnage/Shriek relationship, they're going for a whole Manson family vibe but don't pull it off at all because they all pretty much have the same character of kill everything that moves. It gets old REALLY quickly and the reason for Carnage to tolerates the rest is pretty much because the writers said so.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Shippers don't care about useless details like chemistry or logic .

We already know who Queen Goblin is, Marvel made a cover that has Kafka's name saying she is QG:

Granted that could be bait, but somehow I doubt it.
    The fact that Marvel chose not to hide Kafka as QG just tells me they aren't interested in creating a mystery around her. Perhaps cause the Beyond story is only 19 chapters and her story is tied to this so you can't stretch it out. If wasn't an accident or slip up that her real identity was made known prior to appearing in an issue yet.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

maybe it was supposed to be a mystery to the characters but not the readers
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I get that, I have the same thing with Joker despite actually liking what Harley has become.
    At least Harley's whole crush was one sided, and she was created in the 90's Batman cartoon, where Joker is not a complete edgelord.

Way back in Maximum Carnage, which started the Carnage/Shriek relationship, they're going for a whole Manson family vibe but don't pull it off at all because they all pretty much have the same character of kill everything that moves. It gets old REALLY quickly and the reason for Carnage to tolerates the rest is pretty much because the writers said so.
    Yeah it's one of those things that needs to change a character for it to "work", Absolute Carnage did something similar, and that was addressed in a funny way with Norman active like pre-cult-leader Cletus, and neither Cletus or Norman-Cletus like each other lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The fact that Marvel chose not to hide Kafka as QG just tells me they aren't interested in creating a mystery around her. Perhaps cause the Beyond story is only 19 chapters and her story is tied to this so you can't stretch it out. If wasn't an accident or slip up that her real identity was made known prior to appearing in an issue yet.
    It's still bizarre to intentionally reveal who she is before she even debuts, and it's in a random cover too, instead of just saying who she is right away when they first showed a picture of her.

If this isn't bait, it just sounds weird to do this intentionally, could at least have a cover where we see QG without her mask to show it's Kafka (Though fans would think that's bait I guess)...

Also funny we got this cover, and that Spidey Home 3 trailer that had Lizard being hit by something invisible, all but confirming we'll get the other Spider-Men in the movie... And both of those weren't that far from each other thinking of it, wonder if we'll have a third dumb slip up .

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    maybe it was supposed to be a mystery to the characters but not the readers
    Even so, just weird to reveal like this before the comic she debuts in actually is out lol.

Astonishing Member

Solicits of the issue with cover reveal

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #88

ZEB WELLS (W) • MICHAEL DOWLING (A)

Beyond Board: KELLY THOMPSON, PATRICK GLEASON, SALADIN AHMED,

CODY ZIGLAR & ZEB WELLS • Cover by ARTHUR ADAMS

Variant Cover by TBA • DESIGN VARIANT COVER BY PATRICK GLEASON

X-GWEN VARIANT COVER BY FRANCESCO MANNA

Who is QUEEN GOBLIN?!

• For almost sixty years, Spider-Man has been defined by Goblins, and Ben Reilly has a brand-new one all his own.

It's just too funny

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Solicits of the issue with cover reveal

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #88

ZEB WELLS (W) • MICHAEL DOWLING (A)

Beyond Board: KELLY THOMPSON, PATRICK GLEASON, SALADIN AHMED,

CODY ZIGLAR & ZEB WELLS • Cover by ARTHUR ADAMS

Variant Cover by TBA • DESIGN VARIANT COVER BY PATRICK GLEASON

X-GWEN VARIANT COVER BY FRANCESCO MANNA

Who is QUEEN GOBLIN?!

• For almost sixty years, Spider-Man has been defined by Goblins, and Ben Reilly has a brand-new one all his own.

It's just too funny
    Man I wonder if we'll get a Monarch situation, with this leak making Marvel change QG's identity in the most awkward way possible lol.

Unless that cover has always been bait, that'd be funny too .

As funny as this whole situation is and how bizarre it is that they´re making Kafka a villain, I do like them giving Ben his own Green Goblin. It helps build up his rogues gallery if nothing else.

That being said, I personally believe Miles Warren was already Ben (and Kaine´s) Green Goblin, but since hes trapped in Earth-65 or whatever he´s likely out of commission for a while (thank god, **** The Jackal), so yeah.

Also I find it kinda amusing how two of Ben´s villains (Queen Goblin and Carolyn Trainer) are both female counterparts of two of Peter´s most famous villains (Green Goblin and Doc Ock). Some coincidence, huh? Lol