View Poll Results: Queen Gobin - Who is She?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gwen Stacy

6 12.24%
  • Liz Allen

9 18.37%
  • Lily Hollister

3 6.12%
  • Carlie Cooper

4 8.16%
  • Michelle Gonzalez

1 2.04%
  • Aunt May

2 4.08%
  • Jill Stacy

1 2.04%
  • Emily Osborn (Harry's Mum)

6 12.24%
  • Sarah Stacy

2 4.08%
  • Betty Brant

1 2.04%
  • Teresa Parker

1 2.04%
  • Kristy Watson

0 0%
  • Secret sister to a major character

1 2.04%
  • Somebody we've ever heard of before with no connection to anyone important

3 6.12%
  • Other

9 18.37%
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I'm just going to throw down a blanket 'fuck Grim Hunt' because almost everything about it was awful*. It completely taints the Gauntlet which, while a little hit-and-miss, was desperately needed after two years of mostly generic no-name new villains and focus on Peter's pathetic personal life and conceptually ruins one of the greatest Spider-man stories of all time. And for what? They never had a plan to use Kraven, there was no big arc that required him back. Some editor just decided Spider-man needed one of his weakest and one-note villains back because... I don't know. Something about masterbating over the Lee/Ditko era being the only good spider-man era (while fundamentally misunderstanding what made it compelling and failing to acknowledge that it is decades later and Peter is no longer a child)? Again.

Fuck Grim Hunt.

Phew, I got a little hot tempered on that. Lol.

But seriously, fuck Grim Hunt.

*Michael Lark's art was lovely.
    It doesn't help that Slott, the guy who took over ASM 11 issues after Grim Hunt (Which was only 4 months after), didn't care about Kraven being alive, as he prefered Kraven dead, so Kraven didn't even show up in ASM anymore and you had to check out other comics to see him, so we don't even get silly plots with him in ASM lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Grim hunt had the right idea w/ killing Spiders though, we need like 2 more of them.I still think Kraven should have stayed dead though

And Grim hunt gave us the baddest Spider-man fight scene since the Kingpin one.Goddamn Peter went too town and owned the hunters.
    Grim Hunt seemed to have the idea of having one of each Spider after it, so Mattie is killed for Anya to be the one teenager Spider-Girl, and Cassandra is killed off for Julia to become Madame Web so Jessica is the only Spider-Woman (And Jessica isn't even part of this, though if ASM#600 with a tease for Grim Hunt is any hint, she was supposed to lol).

So two Spiders were killed, and Cassandra was killed just for Julia to be spared... Yeah, if there was an editorial mandate to trim down the number of spiders, or if it was the writer's intention and editorial didn't care, then post Superior ASM threw that in the garbage can, 'cause we got Cindy from it, then eventually Miles in 616, then Gwen too, and while I'm pretty sure nobody else remembers this, Charlotte left her coma in Marvel Comics Presents#8 vol 3, so yeah...

Hell, if we think about it, it happened even earlier with Kaine becoming Scarlet Spider and getting his own comic, so much for trimming down the number of Spiders, ignored about two real life years later...

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. Just a horrible, cruel death and quickly forgotten by the others
    Let's make it even worse then, look at the second page I posted, with Mattie asking Cassandra to tell Spidey that she doesn't blame him, and that she didn't cry, with Cassandra promising she'll do so, thing is, Cassandra never got to talk with Spidey, by the time he rescued Julia and Anya, Cassandra was dying and Spidey told Julia and Anya to take care of her while he goes after Sasha, so they never talked, and Julia was the one who was with her in her final moments, and Cassandra didn't tell Julia about what Mattie asked:

(ASM#637)

So, not only Mattie had a cruel death and is generally forgotten about, her last fucking wish wasn't fulfilled, this is all sounding intentionally mean-spirited now that I write it all like this lol.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 12-15-2021 at 11:54 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    It doesn't help that Slott, the guy who took over ASM 11 issues after Grim Hunt (Which was only 4 months after), didn't care about Kraven being alive, as he prefered Kraven dead, so Kraven didn't even show up in ASM anymore and you had to check out other comics to see him, so we don't even get silly plots with him in ASM lol.

Grim Hunt seemed to have the idea of having one of each Spider after it, so Mattie is killed for Anya to be the one teenager Spider-Girl, and Cassandra is killed off for Julia to become Madame Web so Jessica is the only Spider-Woman (And Jessica isn't even part of this, though if ASM#600 with a tease for Grim Hunt is any hint, she was supposed to lol).

So two Spiders were killed, and Cassandra was killed just for Julia to be spared... Yeah, if there was an editorial mandate to trim down the number of spiders, or if it was the writer's intention and editorial didn't care, then post Superior ASM threw that in the garbage can, 'cause we got Cindy from it, then eventually Miles in 616, then Gwen too, and while I'm pretty sure nobody else remembers this, Charlotte left her coma in Marvel Comics Presents#8 vol 3, so yeah...

Hell, if we think about it, it happened even earlier with Kaine becoming Scarlet Spider and getting his own comic, so much for trimming down the number of Spiders, ignored about two real life years later...

Let's make it even worse then, look at the second page I posted, with Mattie asking Cassandra to tell Spidey that she doesn't blame him, and that she didn't cry, with Cassandra promising she'll do so, thing is, Cassandra never got to talk with Spidey, by the time he rescued Julia and Anya, Cassandra was dying and Spidey told Julia and Anya to take care of her while he goes after Sasha, so they never talked, and Julia was the one who was with her in her final moments, and Cassandra didn't tell Julia about what Mattie asked:

(ASM#637)

So, not only Mattie had a cruel death and is generally forgotten about, her last fucking wish wasn't fulfilled, this is all sounding intentionally mean-spirited now that I write it all like this lol.
    Previously, Bendis made her a drug addict in Alias

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Previously, Bendis made her a drug addict in Alias
    Which was kind of messed up, but then there was The Loners, following Civil War, in which she appeared trying to take down the MGH (Mutant Growth Hormone) ring that dealer was in, the same one who got her hooked so he could surreptitiously extract her DNA for more MGH to sell on the streets.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Which was kind of messed up, but then there was The Loners, following Civil War, in which she appeared trying to take down the MGH (Mutant Growth Hormone) ring that dealer was in, the same one who got her hooked so he could surreptitiously extract her DNA for more MGH to sell on the streets.
    Yeah, it was a great mini too