View Poll Results: Queen Gobin - Who is She?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gwen Stacy

6 12.24%
  • Liz Allen

9 18.37%
  • Lily Hollister

3 6.12%
  • Carlie Cooper

4 8.16%
  • Michelle Gonzalez

1 2.04%
  • Aunt May

2 4.08%
  • Jill Stacy

1 2.04%
  • Emily Osborn (Harry's Mum)

6 12.24%
  • Sarah Stacy

2 4.08%
  • Betty Brant

1 2.04%
  • Teresa Parker

1 2.04%
  • Kristy Watson

0 0%
  • Secret sister to a major character

1 2.04%
  • Somebody we've ever heard of before with no connection to anyone important

3 6.12%
  • Other

9 18.37%
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    So because there's a minimal similarity you're talking like she's definitely gonna be like Harley.

I'm not saying there's no chance of it happening, but you're just making a guess here, could be right, but let's not talk like it's so definite.

Yeah, Kafka is a character with interesting potential in Spidey's support cast, not really sure if making her into yet another villain who's another-nother Goblin is gonna work, but hey, who knows.

Well, it's something else possessing her into being evil, it's not even something she injected on herself, or an evil personality or whatever, it's an outside force that randomly chose her, that does her no favors since her own character doesn't matter for this, since it could be literally anyone else, unless Kafka's PHD is used for something here, but I doubt that'll matter.
    I will admit I do not work in the Marvel Bullpen ( not to the best of my knowledge I do not personally know anyone). But comics are a very small slice of the Marvel/Disney Empire and stuff like Disney +, MCU and merchandise are more important then a Ben Reilly or even Peter Parker comic. Will she be successful like Harley? Only time will tell, but trust me they will try.

Astonishing Member

I will admit I do not work in the Marvel Bullpen ( nor to the best of my knowledge I do not personally know anyone). But comics are a very small slice of the Marvel/Disney Empire and stuff like Disney +, MCU and merchandise are more important then a Ben Reilly or even Peter Parker comic. Will she be successful like Harley? Only time will tell, but trust me they will try.[/QUOTE]

Has Dr. Kafka ever had romantic inclinations for Spider-Man? Or how about Peter? She doesn't know his identity, does she?

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Sounds like they are trying to create Marvel’s answer to Harley Quinn ( a character I cannot stand).
    Oh good lord. if that's true, it's going to be even worse when she's "rehabbed" slightly and then becomes this "anti hero" character, even after having maimed and possibly murdered people. Ethically, I really really really have a major problem with that, similar to how I felt about the "evolution" of Venom and Dr. Octavious, compared to their original original appearances.
    I really hope that Marvel doesn't make her an "edgy kinda-good guy".. I can't stress more severely why I have a problem with that.

I will admit I do not work in the Marvel Bullpen ( not to the best of my knowledge I do not personally know anyone). But comics are a very small slice of the Marvel/Disney Empire and stuff like Disney +, MCU and merchandise are more important then a Ben Reilly or even Peter Parker comic. Will she be successful like Harley? Only time will tell, but trust me they will try.
    Well, time will tell if they'll try to make her into a Harley clone to begin with lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Has Dr. Kafka ever had romantic inclinations for Spider-Man? Or how about Peter? She doesn't know his identity, does she?
    I don't think she really showed romantic interest towards anyone.

At most, she was more interested in villains, but it was only about trying to help them, not that Harley Quinn bullshit.

Extraordinary Member

At most, she was more interested in villains, but it was only about trying to help them, not that Harley Quinn bullshit.
    I thought she had a romance w/ someone, in the Vermin arc IIRC.But I may be mistaken

She helped Spidey and understands him, but no romance

Astonishing Member

Well, time will tell if they'll try to make her into a Harley clone to begin with lol.

They do not have to turn her into a clone. But they can make her quite similar. Think Felicia Hardy and Selina Kyle.

so at this point who is going to run Ravencroft, who is actually ethical and not a secret villain?

Astonishing Member

Will that machine that lets her see memories play a role in the story? Not just the QG but the Beyond one

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I thought she had a romance w/ someone, in the Vermin arc IIRC.But I may be mistaken
    I speed read the Child Within arc (What I assume is the Vermin arc, but it's possible there was more than one 'cause Dematteis loves to reference KLH lol), and I see no reference to her having a romance with anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so at this point who is going to run Ravencroft, who is actually ethical and not a secret villain?
    Well, Fisk needs to be gone as a mayor first, since he was the one who put Norman there to begin with, so he may have put some other shady ******* there.

Extraordinary Member

I speed read the Child Within arc (What I assume is the Vermin arc, but it's possible there was more than one 'cause Dematteis loves to reference KLH lol), and I see no reference to her having a romance with anyone.
    My bad, I thought she had one in that era

I'll try to find it but you're probably right

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Will that machine that lets her see memories play a role in the story? Not just the QG but the Beyond one
    Perhaps Beyond is using this machine to erase Ben's memories in order to make him loyal.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

If we're asking about Dr. Ashley Kafka having had any love interests, she was romantically involved with John Jameson, who was working security for Ravencroft back in the mid-to-late 90s Spider-Man comics.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    If we're asking about Dr. Ashley Kafka having had any love interests, she was romantically involved with John Jameson, who was working security for Ravencroft back in the mid-to-late 90s Spider-Man comics.
    Which was part of the reason they had the clone re-instated at Ravencroft to begin with, to get to him.

I'm not really sure why they don't just use the female Goblin they already had. Lily Hollister as Menace was pretty cool... then they changed her to "Queen Cat"..... If she'd stayed Menace I think she'd be more interesting.