View Poll Results: Queen Gobin - Who is She?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gwen Stacy

6 12.24%
  • Liz Allen

9 18.37%
  • Lily Hollister

3 6.12%
  • Carlie Cooper

4 8.16%
  • Michelle Gonzalez

1 2.04%
  • Aunt May

2 4.08%
  • Jill Stacy

1 2.04%
  • Emily Osborn (Harry's Mum)

6 12.24%
  • Sarah Stacy

2 4.08%
  • Betty Brant

1 2.04%
  • Teresa Parker

1 2.04%
  • Kristy Watson

0 0%
  • Secret sister to a major character

1 2.04%
  • Somebody we've ever heard of before with no connection to anyone important

3 6.12%
  • Other

9 18.37%
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    ...You know, as much as I dislike the execution, I kinda liked the concept of Jackal Ben. I donīt believe it necessarily fit BEN as a character, but using a clone of Peter as a dark reflection of him and his morals had potential imo, and perhaps more staying power than Warren has. Plus he had a way cooler design.
    Perhaps bring Spidercide back as the Jackal, lol.
    I don't disagree about the look. The red suit and the Egyptian mask was a major upgrade. And I've had the same thought. Although I've also wondered if the red suit and mask might not look better on a blonde woman. Like say a Gwen Stacy clone.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Lol. At least he is the best character in that show (it's close though).

If you think I'm alone on this you should see me talk about Grant Morrison. I'm one of the few here who thinks they're... hit and miss!
    While I really like how creative Morrison is with super-power usage, I do see him as hit and miss too, so yeah, guess there I'm part of this "dozens" group, if we even have enough for "dozens" to be plural .

Dammit, you figured it out. I was Spidercide all along! Lol
    Ah, I see there's internet in limbo .

...You know, as much as I dislike the execution, I kinda liked the concept of Jackal Ben. I donīt believe it necessarily fit BEN as a character, but using a clone of Peter as a dark reflection of him and his morals had potential imo, and perhaps more staying power than Warren has. Plus he had a way cooler design.
    Yeah, Jackal-Ben had a nice misguided idea of doing good, and in a different way from the usual "He's like you if you went out of control".

Miles Warren though, the problem with him is that, he was created as a character to mock "salty Gwen fans" who couldn't get over her death, and it's as immature as it sounds, and the execution around him was pretty much since he was Goblin/Joker rip-off with his personality, and clone saga did nothing to fix this.

In 616, he probably looked better than even under Slott, but all Slott did was remove the whole Gwen angle, so now he's just a mad scientist with perhaps a literal hate boner for Peter.

Spidercide would have to change a lot of his personality to be like Jackal, guy's closer to villain Venom if anything, and the elastic powers help with that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I don't disagree about the look. The red suit and the Egyptian mask was a major upgrade. And I've had the same thought. Although I've also wondered if the red suit and mask might not look better on a blonde woman. Like say a Gwen Stacy clone.
    Was that mask even an Egyptian themed jackal? Lol

But yeah, the looks were an improvement, hell, Jackal Ben could work better if it wasn't Ben lol.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I would agree with this, largely. Ben is my favorite character, and I love Kaine. A lot of the Clone Saga era characters work for me. But if we never see the Jackal again I'd be totally OK with it. Bonus points if they let Kaine perma-death him, just for the catharsis of the whole thing.

I'd prefer it writers use him going forward they reimagine the character in some way. Not sure what would work, but something different. He's like boring Clone-Guy Joker since the Clone Saga. I actually kind of dug the first Jackal episode of the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon, where he was just a thug stealing some tech before they got into all the crazy clone shenanigans. A bit more old school, which I feel like Peter's rogues gallery could use these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    While I really like how creative Morrison is with super-power usage, I do see him as hit and miss too, so yeah, guess there I'm part of this "dozens" group, if we even have enough for "dozens" to be plural .

Ah, I see there's internet in limbo .

Yeah, Jackal-Ben had a nice misguided idea of doing good, and in a different way from the usual "He's like you if you went out of control".

Miles Warren though, the problem with him is that, he was created as a character to mock "salty Gwen fans" who couldn't get over her death, and it's as immature as it sounds, and the execution around him was pretty much since he was Goblin/Joker rip-off with his personality, and clone saga did nothing to fix this.

In 616, he probably looked better than even under Slott, but all Slott did was remove the whole Gwen angle, so now he's just a mad scientist with perhaps a literal hate boner for Peter.

Spidercide would have to change a lot of his personality to be like Jackal, guy's closer to villain Venom if anything, and the elastic powers help with that lol.

Was that mask even an Egyptian themed jackal? Lol

But yeah, the looks were an improvement, hell, Jackal Ben could work better if it wasn't Ben lol.
    Yeah, the mask was themed after Anubis, the jackal-headed god of the underworld, given that Ben claimed Warren's advancements in cloning tech could be used to effectively resurrect (or "reanimate") the dead. I'd been thinking it would have been a good idea if as a consequence of this tampering in the domain of life and death, he ended up forced to serve as avatar and champion of the Aztec underworld, called Mictlan, tying him into Kaine's Scarlet Spider series and its follow-up in that same writer's New Warriors series with Aracely/Hummingbird, apparently the reincarnation of the Aztec sun/war god Huitzilopochtli, for whom Kaine was destined to serve as champion. That aside, I, too, liked the idea of Ben taking Peter's "No One Dies" vow after Marla Madison-Jameson's death to (potentially apocalyptic) extremes, reflecting a darker version of Peter's refusal to accept that he couldn't save everyone, regardless of how hard he tried and how fast, strong, tough, determined, or smart he was. Shame it went off the rails, though.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Whether it excites you or makes you roll your eyes, Spidey has yet another new Goblin incoming.

Rather than pull at threads and sift for clues as we did thoughout the whole Kindred Saga, I say we take a massive punt and guess her identity right now before the character has even debuted!

The names in the poll are the most obvious/ridiculous to me but please put forward any name, the more outlandish the better, and even more so if you give your own backstory to how/why this has happened.

This is for FUN. No need to take it seriously or crap on others' ideas.

I skipped a few obvious ones because it's highly unlikely to be MJ or Felicia. However, if you have a ludicrous scenario for them I am here for it!

I'm kinda hoping for Harry's Mum as that's just dumb enough to be super fun. Seriously, that would suck but I'd laugh my ass off.

My boring guess is Carlie, btw.
    The Goblin Queen should have been: Madelyne Pryor. This is a character that Nick Lowe should have used since he was once The X-Men Editor. Marvel should focus on migrating charters to other places as a way of promoting the character...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    The Goblin Queen should have been: Madelyne Pryor. This is a character that Nick Lowe should have used since he was once The X-Men Editor. Marvel should focus on migrating charters to other places as a way of promoting the character...

She's making a big comeback in comebacks currently.Like last week currently

But I'd like to see Her interact w/ Spidey

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, the mask was themed after Anubis, the jackal-headed god of the underworld, given that Ben claimed Warren's advancements in cloning tech could be used to effectively resurrect (or "reanimate") the dead. I'd been thinking it would have been a good idea if as a consequence of this tampering in the domain of life and death, he ended up forced to serve as avatar and champion of the Aztec underworld, called Mictlan, tying him into Kaine's Scarlet Spider series and its follow-up in that same writer's New Warriors series with Aracely/Hummingbird, apparently the reincarnation of the Aztec sun/war god Huitzilopochtli, for whom Kaine was destined to serve as champion.
    It would be weird to say Ben all of a sudden got possessed by some god just because he's doing something vaguely related with that god, specially it happening in ASM, where magic is not used as much.

Maybe it could happen with Ben's Scarlet Spidey as a way to retcon his actions I guess...

That aside, I, too, liked the idea of Ben taking Peter's "No One Dies" vow after Marla Madison-Jameson's death to (potentially apocalyptic) extremes, reflecting a darker version of Peter's refusal to accept that he couldn't save everyone, regardless of how hard he tried and how fast, strong, tough, determined, or smart he was. Shame it went off the rails, though.
    Yeah, it went from 0 to 100 in a few pages....

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post

I wonder how difficult it is to use X-Men characters, Madelyne just got resurrected, and Hellion#18 implies she'll do evil shit around, so maybe not now... But apparently Selene has been showing up in Captain America, so at least if the character ain't doing much they're fair game.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post

I think Spidey interacting with her wouldn't help with his clone racism, specially if he learns that she's the reason Inferno happened, y'know, the story that made Demo-Goblin happen .

Extraordinary Member

I think Spidey interacting with her wouldn't help with his clone racism, specially if he learns that she's the reason Inferno happened, y'know, the story that made Demo-Goblin happen .
    Isn't Spidey supportive of clones in general, I mean he has a better understanding of them in comparison to most.

Isn't Spidey supportive of clones in general, I mean he has a better understanding of them in comparison to most.
    He does, there was occasional lapses like him talking shit about Ben, but that can be chalked up to bad experiences and not a problem with clones themselves (And considering Ben made Clone Conspiracy happen, understandable for him to be wary of Ben), I said the racism thing as a joke lol.

The prejudice that is really annoying is the one he used to have with symbiotes, he talked with annoying consistency like all of them are evil, even after meeting Toxin and learning that Flash is Venom, and in Venon Inc he talks like the Venom symbiote is evil and it had to be killed:

(ASM#792)

Like, fuck, he was talking about actually killing Venom, 'cause Spidey casually talking about killing is in-character... This is pushing it even by Slott's standards lol.

Although, after that story and Go Down Swinging, it seems to finally be gone, and now at worst he just feels guilty for the suffering symbiotes have caused, which's his usual guilty complex I guess... Pretty stupid that Cates decided to say that because symbiotes were already on Earth, then Spidey has no reason to feel guilty anymore, 'cause since most symbiote related shit happened because of Venom and Carnage, he still has plenty to feel guilty about lol.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 12-10-2021 at 07:31 AM.

Extraordinary Member

He does, there was occasional lapses like him talking shit about Ben, but that can be chalked up to bad experiences and not a problem with clones themselves (And considering Ben made Clone Conspiracy happen, understandable for him to be wary of Ben), I said the racism thing as a joke lol.

The prejudice that is really annoying is the one he used to have with symbiotes, he talked with annoying consistency like all of them are evil, even after meeting Toxin and learning that Flash is Venom, and in Venon Inc he talks like the Venom symbiote is evil and it had to be killed:

(ASM#792)

Like, fuck, he was talking about actually killing Venom, 'cause Spidey casually talking about killing is in-character... This is pushing it even by Slott's standards lol.

Although, after that story and Go Down Swinging, it seems to finally be gone, and now at worst he just feels guilty for the suffering symbiotes have caused, which's his usual guilty complex I guess... Pretty stupid that Cates decided to say that because symbiotes were already on Earth, then Spidey has no reason to feel guilty anymore, 'cause since most symbiote related shit happened because of Venom and Carnage, he still has plenty to feel guilty about lol.
    They always made Peter the "bad guy" even early on w/ Venom to prop him up.Peter would be drastically OOC for Venom, heck even the Venom Inc stuff had him and Cat OOC.

This type of writing and humiliating Peter every step of the way was the worst part of BND and hopefully we're done w/ that forever

They always made Peter the "bad guy" even early on w/ Venom to prop him up.Peter would be drastically OOC for Venom, heck even the Venom Inc stuff had him and Cat OOC.
    It would be surprising if Felicia was in-character during Venom Inc, 'cause by that point she was still doing the Queenpin nonsense.

Doesn't help that Venom Inc is one of the two stories that redeemed her, and Venom Inc's is basically, Felicia failed at being Queenpin, Venom shows up and says "HEY, WHY DON'T YOU BECOME A GOOD GUY INSTEAD?", then leaves, and that somehow convinces her lol.

This type of writing and humiliating Peter every step of the way was the worst part of BND and hopefully we're done w/ that forever
    Well, if Ben is any hint, we're not...

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I remember reading this and being utterly confused. Like, maybe if this were a flashback issue to just after Venom's second attack (where he'd killed some cops, iirc) I might understand but now? It was completely out of nowhere.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Well, Maddie has used the name Goblin queen, but... not that kind of Goblin. O-o' she's been known to work with actual demons.... and not Mephisto....

I remember reading this and being utterly confused. Like, maybe if this were a flashback issue to just after Venom's second attack (where he'd killed some cops, iirc) I might understand but now? It was completely out of nowhere.
    Yeah, early Venom would be more understandable for Spidey to consider killing him, since Venom has gone to aunt May's house while Peter is there to threaten him into not bringing anyone else for their fight, not to mention how he was a threat to MJ too... Afterwards then it can get messy, like he could still see the symbiote as a threat when Gargan has it (Specially if he knows that the symbiote was controlling Gargan, and wasn't like the, well, symbiotic relationship it had with Eddie), but not to the point of thinking "I have to kill it", but this shit happening after all of that where it's more or less established the symbiote isn't really evil? Come on...

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well, Maddie has used the name Goblin queen, but... not that kind of Goblin. O-o' she's been known to work with actual demons.... and not Mephisto....
    Hey it's because of her one of Spidey's actual Goblins got demonic powers, so there's a connection here .

Astonishing Member

(ASM#792)

Forget "Spine-tingling" we have "Blood-lusting" Spider-Man

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

It would be weird to say Ben all of a sudden got possessed by some god just because he's doing something vaguely related with that god, specially it happening in ASM, where magic is not used as much.

Maybe it could happen with Ben's Scarlet Spidey as a way to retcon his actions I guess...

Yeah, it went from 0 to 100 in a few pages....

I wonder how difficult it is to use X-Men characters, Madelyne just got resurrected, and Hellion#18 implies she'll do evil shit around, so maybe not now... But apparently Selene has been showing up in Captain America, so at least if the character ain't doing much they're fair game.

Yeah, it was a weird idea on my part, though I figured it would be more of a punishment than a power-up for Ben; basically, the ruler(s) of Mictlan, the Aztec underworld, feeling that Ben trespassed in their domain by using advanced cloning technology to "reanimate" the dead, decided to make him suffer for that audacity by forcing him to become their champion on Earth and fight Kaine, who would've been Aracely's champion as a reborn Huitzilopochtli. Speaking of Madelyne Pryor, I'd always wanted to see her interact with Ben and/or Kaine, especially in light of their respective creators' rivalry that developed in Chris Yost's Avenging Spider-Man/Superior Spider-Man Team-Up (where Jackal raided Mister Sinister's labs for his own genetic experiments) and the Wolverines series following Logan's death (where Sinister repaid the favor by making a small platoon of Ben Reilly/Scarlet Spider clones).
    The spider is always on the hunt.