View Poll Results: Queen Gobin - Who is She?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gwen Stacy

6 12.24%
  • Liz Allen

9 18.37%
  • Lily Hollister

3 6.12%
  • Carlie Cooper

4 8.16%
  • Michelle Gonzalez

1 2.04%
  • Aunt May

2 4.08%
  • Jill Stacy

1 2.04%
  • Emily Osborn (Harry's Mum)

6 12.24%
  • Sarah Stacy

2 4.08%
  • Betty Brant

1 2.04%
  • Teresa Parker

1 2.04%
  • Kristy Watson

0 0%
  • Secret sister to a major character

1 2.04%
  • Somebody we've ever heard of before with no connection to anyone important

3 6.12%
  • Other

9 18.37%
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I get the feeling this picture was shown before, was that around before and we didn't see it? Lol.

Also kinda funny her visor looks like Cyclops'.

I'm now having two trains of thoughs, either this is legit and Marvel is legit dumb enough to reveal the character's secret identity before she even debuts, or this is a pretty big lie for the sake of twists... But most likely it's the first one lol.
    It was, just the Ashley Kafka part wasn't shown.

I want to believe it but Marvel is too dumb, either are dumb tbh since the latter is unnecessary anyways

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Hopefully, this Queen Goblin thing is just a "temporary insanity" deal brought on by all the cloning silliness. I liked Ravencroft having a reoccurring psychiatrist character for Spidey to interact with in the books. I don't want her running around as just another supervilllain, albeit with a psychologist bent. (Just bring back Dr. Barton Hamilton if you want that.)
    The trope of a shrink gone mad in superhero fiction is likewise a nasty cliche against mental health. It's already egregious with Batman but Spider-Man ought to do better.

What is it with turning good female characters into baddies?

...Kafka? Really? That's...odd.

Also holy **** they really just fucking revealed it before the character even debuted? LOL. What is going on man

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    ...Kafka? Really? That's...odd.

Also holy **** they really just fucking revealed it before the character even debuted? LOL. What is going on man
    Just imagine if a Hobgoblin design sheet leaked during the height of the mystery and just had some random dudes name on there. Although that would have probably solved a lot of headache .

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

SPIDER-MAN BEYOND is only six months total, was this ever going to be a huge mystery or something revealed in the first issue she shows up in?
    Last edited by David Walton; 11-18-2021 at 12:33 PM.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Just imagine if a Hobgoblin design sheet leaked during the height of the mystery and just had some random dudes name on there. Although that would have probably solved a lot of headache .
    Whether this was a mistake or a publicity stunt, if Marvel doesn't do an alternate cover with F.A.C.A.D.E. it's a wasted opportunity.

Astonishing Member

Does anyone else remember when Kafka was a frumpy, practically middle-aged woman in the early 90s when DeMatteis was writing her and Sal Buscema was drawing her in Spec? What happened… first they made her “hot” and young… and now she’s an adventure junkie with villainous impulses she’s never demonstrated before? Could be revenge against Ben for Clone Conspiracy, but this is way out of character unless the Kafka clone has something wrong with it. Then again, we could all be falling for purposeful misdirection on Marvel’s part. It does happen occasionally.

Not if they did it like DC with Monarch, y'know, when his identity was leaked and DC covered it up very awkwardly, but then again, the whole Ned nonsense was bad enough as is, doubt they'd make it worse .

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    SPIDER-MAN BEYOND is only six months total, was this ever going to be a huge mystery or something revealed in the first issue she shows up in?
    I doubt it would be a big mystery but, it being revealed, like this, before the character even debuts? I doubt that's intentional, unless it's bait.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Whether this was a mistake or a publicity stunt, if Marvel doesn't do an alternate cover with F.A.C.A.D.E. it's a wasted opportunity.
    Someone suggested that Queen Goblin's identity is actually F.A.C.A.D.E., so that could be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Does anyone else remember when Kafka was a frumpy, practically middle-aged woman in the early 90s when DeMatteis was writing her and Sal Buscema was drawing her in Spec? What happened… first they made her “hot” and young… and now she’s an adventure junkie with villainous impulses she’s never demonstrated before? Could be revenge against Ben for Clone Conspiracy, but this is way out of character unless the Kafka clone has something wrong with it. Then again, we could all be falling for purposeful misdirection on Marvel’s part. It does happen occasionally.
    Maybe she ages in reverse and Queen Goblin is just a phase she's having .

Wouldn't that mean Ashley Kafka was always Facade?

Yes, the implication that you can't have middle-aged, average looking female characters is rather awkward. And then they killed her which looked even worse; not (just) because she was a female character, but because it was a total afterthought.

Now that I think about it, wasn't Norman using the Kafka clone to manipulate John Jameson? Or at least some organization was. Maybe that's connected.

Astonishing Member

I guess this all ties into Kafka experimenting on Electro in #75.

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Yes, the implication that you can't have middle-aged, average looking female characters is rather awkward. And then they killed her which looked even worse; not (just) because she was a female character, but because it was a total afterthought.
    Totally agree. It seems the only two females who are never eventually depicted as sexual beings is Aunt May and Aunt Anna.

And even Aunt May got the treatment in the MCU, so I guess technically just Aunt Anna.

Wouldn't that mean Ashley Kafka was always Facade?
    spoilers:
    Or was she?
    end of spoilers

Totally agree. It seems the only two females who are never eventually depicted as sexual beings is Aunt May and Aunt Anna.

And even Aunt May got the treatment in the MCU, so I guess technically just Aunt Anna.
    And aunt Anna is in limbo since OMIT at the latest, so yeah, 11 years with her doing cameos at best, and I doubt she even speaks.

I mean, even decrepit old lady May still gets some action.