View Poll Results: Queen Gobin - Who is She?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gwen Stacy

6 12.24%
  • Liz Allen

9 18.37%
  • Lily Hollister

3 6.12%
  • Carlie Cooper

4 8.16%
  • Michelle Gonzalez

1 2.04%
  • Aunt May

2 4.08%
  • Jill Stacy

1 2.04%
  • Emily Osborn (Harry's Mum)

6 12.24%
  • Sarah Stacy

2 4.08%
  • Betty Brant

1 2.04%
  • Teresa Parker

1 2.04%
  • Kristy Watson

0 0%
  • Secret sister to a major character

1 2.04%
  • Somebody we've ever heard of before with no connection to anyone important

3 6.12%
  • Other

9 18.37%
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    It was the A.I. Harry from Legacy of Evil, which seems to have memories from post-One More Day for some reason, controlling the "Stacy" twins who were actually a clone experiment by Harry to mess with Norman, who he knew would be back from the dead for some reason, and Mephisto was involved in their creation for...uh... I guess because Peter's daughter will defeat him in the future but also yeah, file that under "some reason" too. Also the twins are both soulless husks and beings with their own feelings, and Harry is both a clone of unknown origin and suffering in hell since his original death. Norman is good now because sins are like, free-floating evil things rather than bad stuff you should be held accountable for. Peter knows very little about any of this.

What could POSSIBLY be confusing about THAT. /s
    LOL not convoluted in the slightest, just something that makes the X-Men's history seem a tad simplistic by comparison

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Glenn Greenberg did the impossible and made the clone saga make sense in his Osborn Journal one-shot. If he’s still around, maybe he can give the same treatment to the Kindred saga.
    Yes, he absolutely did. He does not get enough credit for taking a last minute retcon and making it more logical than it had any right to be.

so did Norman invent the "criminal goblin" concept or were there others in Marvel history? This needs to be explored. Somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

Also that explanation kinda reminds me of this masterpiece:

I never in a million years thought I'd encounter something even more convoluted than Kingdom Hearts (let alone the idea of that thing heavily involving my favourite character.)
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    I never in a million years thought I'd encounter something even more convoluted than Kingdom Hearts (let alone the idea of that thing heavily involving my favourite character.)
    This isn't as convoluted as Kingdom Hearts, which is impossible to achieve in the two last issues Spencer was writing, while Kingdom Hearts has like 50 games worth of retcons.

It is still impressive Spencer did all of that in two issues though, the guy can compete with Kojima and Nomura if he really tried, and I don't say that lightly .

Astonishing Member

All I know about Kingdom Hearts is a Final Fantasy guy fights alongside some Disney mascots. Seems pretty simple

All I know about Kingdom Hearts is a Final Fantasy guy fights alongside some Disney mascots. Seems pretty simple
    Watch that video I posted to see how simple it is, after all, it's not even 5 minutes, so it's obviously simple .

Those were the days. But when your mobile game is Canon to your story something is up. But comparing KH to Spider man currently spider man is much more of the headache
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    didnt even know that there was a jill and kristy.
    MJ's bulimic cousin. Whatever happened to her?

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    MJ's bulimic cousin. Whatever happened to her?
    Last time we saw her, Kristy was enrolled at ESU. MJ said she still speaks with Kristy pretty regularly (off-panel, obviously).

Astonishing Member

The bulimic cousin with a crush on Peter was one of those weirdly random early 90s subplots that Michelinie sometimes specialized in.

BANNED

The bulimic cousin with a crush on Peter was one of those weirdly random early 90s subplots that Michelinie sometimes specialized in.
    That was actually Conway who introduced the character in his Spectacular run (which Micheliniie might have acknowledged sometimes but it wasn't really his storyline or character, unless I'm very mistaken).

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    That was actually Conway who introduced the character in his Spectacular run (which Micheliniie might have acknowledged sometimes but it wasn't really his storyline or character, unless I'm very mistaken).
    She showed up in ASM to keep in line with Spectacular and Web, but her development only really happened under Conway, who I think was writing both Spectacular and Web.

Checking it out here, the only ASM issues she showed up in are #313, #314 and #315, and she doesn't add much to the plot besides hinting at her bulimia and/or crush on Peter.

Astonishing Member

Well, this was unexpected. I mean, what reasons could have Ashley Kafka to become a Gobin? I don't see much sense here. I know Goblins don't usually have any "sense", but there's always a reason for them to put on the masks and the gliders: revenge, money, power.... I don't see any reason for Dr Kafka to become a Goblin. Much more sense had my theory about Liz Allan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Well, this was unexpected. I mean, what reasons could have Ashley Kafka to become a Gobin? I don't see much sense here. I know Goblins don't usually have any "sense", but there's always a reason for them to put on the masks and the gliders: revenge, money, power.... I don't see any reason for Dr Kafka to become a Goblin. Much more sense had my theory about Liz Allan.
    If this is Kafka officially, her credibility as a doctor is over. it should be treated that way in the comics. I'm very disinterested at this point of more previously friends/acquaintances of Peter becoming murderers then it becomes a rush to not judge them and sweep their behavior under a rug..

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    If this is Kafka officially, her credibility as a doctor is over. it should be treated that way in the comics. I'm very disinterested at this point of more previously friends/acquaintances of Peter becoming murderers then it becomes a rush to not judge them and sweep their behavior under a rug..
    Sounds like they are trying to create Marvel’s answer to Harley Quinn ( a character I cannot stand).