Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by WinterCoyote View Post
    I don't know how accurate it is, but at least Doom Patrol's Jane is heroic.
    There is also Moon Knight who has an upcoming show!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Part of the issue was that they were borrowing heavily from the Ultimate Universe for some of the way they represented characters and aesthetics for the movies. In the beginning of the UX-Men run, Jean was sent to a mental institution prior to being found by Xavier. That allowed them to think "oh what if the Phoenix was a mental thing vs a cosmic thing" and given the direction they were already going, adding a space element to an already convoluted multi-story plot for The Last Stand was not going to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Part of the issue was that they were borrowing heavily from the Ultimate Universe for some of the way they represented characters and aesthetics for the movies. In the beginning of the UX-Men run, Jean was sent to a mental institution prior to being found by Xavier. That allowed them to think "oh what if the Phoenix was a mental thing vs a cosmic thing" and given the direction they were already going, adding a space element to an already convoluted multi-story plot for The Last Stand was not going to work.
    That idea pre-dates the Ultimate Universe by decades. The original plan was to have the Phoenix be the manifestation of Jean’s dark side. Like what Mr. Hyde was to Dr. Jekyll or the Hulk is to Bruce Banner.

As I recall, there was no controversy whatsoever regarding OP’s original question
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

I enjoy X3 but the whole Phoniex arc was the weak spot for me. Dark Phoniex did it better to me.
    Well, Jean's mental instability/descent into madness was definitely handled better in that film than it was in X3. Even clinical psychologists said so.