Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    They ain't even tryna hide it anymore.

This kind of makes me think it's not going to be permanent if only because the character already had an established gimmick they're known for.

Extraordinary Member

They ain't even tryna hide it anymore.

Was going to say

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This kind of makes me think it's not going to be permanent if only because the character already had an established gimmick they're known for.
    If this ups his profile then i'm cool with it, Swordmaster and the other manga style characters created with him are kinda cool especially Aero and Wave.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I wish Dragon Lord would make a comeback.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I wish Dragon Lord would make a comeback.
    Same. I loved the implication in Avengers: the Initiative that, eventually, Dragon Lord's son would take over in the role. I've long wanted to see him incorporated into the Iron Fist stories, especially since Pei's inclusion.

-Pav, who wonders how many people at Marvel remember A:TI...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Same. I loved the implication in Avengers: the Initiative that, eventually, Dragon Lord's son would take over in the role. I've long wanted to see him incorporated into the Iron Fist stories, especially since Pei's inclusion.

-Pav, who wonders how many people at Marvel remember A:TI...
    I googled him and he seems interesting enough.. Just make him Dragon Lord II and use him in a miniseries like Reptil. Or put him on a team book like Agents of Atlas. Maybe have him pop up in the Future Foundation?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-02-2021 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    If this ups his profile then i'm cool with it, Swordmaster and the other manga style characters created with him are kinda cool especially Aero and Wave.
    Yeah, but as Sword Master or Iron Fist? Because now you have the question of what to promote him as.

Ultimate Member

Whatever happened to the guy who stole Danny's Iron Fist back in New Warriors?

And if Swordsmaster is the new Iron Fist, yay! He won't stay in the role long, lol

Yeah, but as Sword Master or Iron Fist? Because now you have the question of what to promote him as.
    Well Iron Fist sounds like a bigger deal, no?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Well Iron Fist sounds like a bigger deal, no?
    Well, I guess it depends how you look at it, although a mystical sword guy becoming a mystical punch guy seems like a shift.

Makes me wonder if any of the characters from his series will pop up. I don't think the main plot of his series was ever resolved if only because they stopped translating it.

As for the OP question, I suspect the failure of the Iron Fist TV show probably killed a lot of the incentive Marvel had to continue pushing Danny. Particularly in the face of the success of Shang-Chi. Which sucks since I really loved the Power Man and Iron Fist series Walker did a few years ago.

Well, I guess it depends how you look at it, although a mystical sword guy becoming a mystical punch guy seems like a shift.

Makes me wonder if any of the characters from his series will pop up. I don't think the main plot of his series was ever resolved if only because they stopped translating it.
    Maybe he could make a wielder like Kuwabara from YYH? That's a way to set him apart from Danny and tie into his time as Swordmaster.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-03-2021 at 01:14 PM.

As for the OP question, I suspect the failure of the Iron Fist TV show probably killed a lot of the incentive Marvel had to continue pushing Danny. Particularly in the face of the success of Shang-Chi. Which sucks since I really loved the Power Man and Iron Fist series Walker did a few years ago.
    Yep. Danny pretty much has the same predicament as the Inhumans. Got screwed by a terrible tv show.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Whatever happened to the guy who stole Danny's Iron Fist back in New Warriors?

And if Swordsmaster is the new Iron Fist, yay! He won't stay in the role long, lol
    I remember that. Junzo Muto, who was supposed to be the new leader of the Hand:

Indeed, there was that whole 2000 miniseries featuring Wolverine/Iron Fist that seemed to indicate that Danny would get his Iron Fist powers back. But it didn't :/ . Instead, Danny got them back when he guest-starred over in Black Panther's title. And we never learned what happened to Junzo. Again, one of those plot thread that fell through the cracks.

Now, as for Sword Master being Iron Fist, again it's possible. With Alyssa Wong having written this one-shot and the new writer of Iron Fist, it makes sense. But part of me is still hesitant with Lin Lie being the new Iron Fist. Having read his series, I wasn't too impressed with Lin. I saw his potential of course, but the character seemed to lack depth. That is a shame since I was starting to feel it in the one-shot. If it is Lin, I'm more unsure of him being the new Iron Fist. An Iron Fist has to go through the harsh training of Lei-Kung the Thunderer. They've to go through the tests and trials of K'un Lun and prove themselves worthy by facing Shou-Lao the Undying. Lin has not done that. His martial arts skill is sub-par when compared to Pei or especially compared to Danny. Wong has to explain Lin's worthiness well if she will make him the new Iron Fist.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    I remember that. Junzo Muto, who was supposed to be the new leader of the Hand:

Indeed, there was that whole 2000 miniseries featuring Wolverine/Iron Fist that seemed to indicate that Danny would get his Iron Fist powers back. But it didn't :/ . Instead, Danny got them back when he guest-starred over in Black Panther's title. And we never learned what happened to Junzo. Again, one of those plot thread that fell through the cracks.

Now, as for Sword Master being Iron Fist, again it's possible. With Alyssa Wong having written this one-shot and the new writer of Iron Fist, it makes sense. But part of me is still hesitant with Lin Lie being the new Iron Fist. Having read his series, I wasn't too impressed with Lin. I saw his potential of course, but the character seemed to lack depth. That is a shame since I was starting to feel it in the one-shot. If it is Lin, I'm more unsure of him being the new Iron Fist. An Iron Fist has to go through the harsh training of Lei-Kung the Thunderer. They've to go through the tests and trials of K'un Lun and prove themselves worthy by facing Shou-Lao the Undying. Lin has not done that. His martial arts skill is sub-par when compared to Pei or especially compared to Danny. Wong has to explain Lin's worthiness well if she will make him the new Iron Fist.
    I read the first two trades of his series and it felt like it was still in the beginning phases of the story (I forget if his friend had even gotten his weapon). I was just waiting for something to happen between him and Ji .