Thread: Cyberpunk Comic

All-New Member

Default Cyberpunk Comic

Let make these topic to talk about Cyberpunk Comic

I only read Transmetropolitan <<< My favoret comic of all times

I would very much recommend 'Heavy Liquid' by Paul Pope, and 'King City' by Brandon Graham.
    "Loudly proclaiming that you are above childish things isn't a sign of maturity - it's proof of adolescence." - Schnitzy Pretzelpants

Co-host of The 'Mike & Pól Save The Universe' Comics podcast - check it out on www.mikeandpol.com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pól Rua View Post
    I would very much recommend 'Heavy Liquid' by Paul Pope, and 'King City' by Brandon Graham.
    I have a series of comics called Cyberpunk from the late 80's/early 90's. I can't recall if it really was very cyberpunk, but I think so.

I have a list at home of things I think are Cyberpunk, it's an interest. Icarus, Blame, Ghost in the Shell. There were a few American comics that either touched on it, or used some of the "equipment" without really being cyberpunk.

I'll have to think about this more, I like the topic.

And, yeah, Transmetropolitan is amazing. I re-read it about once a year, about as often as I re-watch Blade Runner.

The original Deathlok run in Astonishing Tales was cyberpunk. There was even an odd visual depiction of the internet in one of the later issues, long before most people were even aware of ARPANET.

And there was a Neuromancer graphic novel published by Marvel's Epic line in 1989. You can't get more cyberpunk than early Gibson.

I've been calling for DC to collect The Hacker Files for a long time now...

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pól Rua View Post
    I love King city. A very weird but fun graphic novel
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

does "metabarons" classify as cyberpunk?
    if so I loved the series! can't wait to read "Castaga" (the prequel)

Spectacular Member

new series

I would consider Elephantmen as kinda cyberpunk title.Obviously Dredd-verse, it's so vast you can find pretty much every genre there.

Tokyo Ghost I guess....

Really love Transmetropolitan I have read a lot of good things abut Ghost Rider 2099. It is written by Len Kaminski who is a veery underrated writer. Kaminski is mostly known for his 3 year run as an Iron Man writer. The chances of this seeing a rerelease is pretty slim though. Sadly I don't think Marvel is going to publish more than the Spider-Man 2099 tpbs besides the now OOP Doom 2099 by Warren Ellis. Since you like Warren Ellis and you want more cyberpunk science Fiction you might want to check out Lazarus Churchyard and Doctor Sleepless. The former Ellis doesn't describe as Cyberpunk both rather "Decedent SF". However I think it will fit the bill for you.

Maybe not so much Cyberpunk and more dystopian future is Batman year 100 by Poul Pope (written and drawn) which is really good and worth checking out. Batman in the future haunted by the Gotham Police. Poul Pope has also done Heavy Liquid a miniseries which should be cyberpunk as well. Sadly I haven't read it. But with Poul Pope again doing writing and drawing I can't imagine it being bad.
    Last edited by Tupiaz; 01-11-2018 at 08:12 PM.