Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sorry, scratch that
    Last edited by agrich; 08-28-2014 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    The cube was cracked and was said to have maybe two shots left in it.
    But why the cube was cracked in DnA's GotG comics!?

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    In Minimum Carnage they explained that he went and rejoined the Micronauts, where he has languished in obscurity since.
    i read Minimum Carnage when it came out. don't remember it taking place between Avengers Assemble and the Guardians relaunch, or Bug saying he left the Guardians. i'll have to reread it.

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    But why the cube was cracked in DnA's GotG comics!?
    it had been used in one of their big arcs with Adam Warlock and Magus

Fantastic Member 50yearoldNovafan's Avatar

I read the issue and enjoyed it. Simple as that.

GOTG # 18

I made the mistake of spoiling myself on the general reviews of this issue before I got it. I enjoyed the book.

I think this issue may have been the single best Bendis comic I have read before. It was a well paced, brilliantly (and that is no understatement) drawn, well done flashback action tale that was a decent blend of fluid plot motion and Bendis’ dialogue. I am , however, holding back on the “crow eating” until the arc is done..Bendis IS still on the hook for some subpar work on this series to date. That is not erased.

Rich comes off as pretty powerful. He is written in good character. Frankly, I thought the behavior of all those here came off as well done. Thanos came off as groggy, but I do think attempted negotiations would be how he would play it, and his history with the cube was acknowledged.

He wrote everyone fairly well here and nobody comes off too bad.

Some minor complaints.

-This comes off as a Thanos /Quill story..not a Rider story, but Rider is certainly not ignored.

-Again, the element gun was a goof. Star Lord didn’t use it in the DnA stuff.

-It is “Rider” Bendis..not “Ryder”

****, that’s a about it. It’s been a rough ride for Rider fans for the past few years. Even if it breaks bad from here on out in the arc, this was a good memory for Rider fans. That cover is awesome as well, one of the years best covers. I really wish Bendis could have given us this arc around issue #4 where it belonged….I am looking forward to what’s next.

A very polished, solid comic though.

4.5/5 stars

Fantastic Member 50yearoldNovafan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    GOTG # 18

I made the mistake of spoiling myself on the general reviews of this issue before I got it. I enjoyed the book.

I think this issue may have been the single best Bendis comic I have read before. It was a well paced, brilliantly (and that is no understatement) drawn, well done flashback action tale that was a decent blend of fluid plot motion and Bendis’ dialogue. I am , however, holding back on the “crow eating” until the arc is done..Bendis IS still on the hook for some subpar work on this series to date. That is not erased.

Rich comes off as pretty powerful. He is written in good character. Frankly, I thought the behavior of all those here came off as well done. Thanos came off as groggy, but I do think attempted negotiations would be how he would play it, and his history with the cube was acknowledged.

He wrote everyone fairly well here and nobody comes off too bad.

Some minor complaints.

-This comes off as a Thanos /Quill story..not a Rider story, but Rider is certainly not ignored.

-Again, the element gun was a goof. Star Lord didn’t use it in the DnA stuff.

-It is “Rider” Bendis..not “Ryder”

****, that’s a about it. It’s been a rough ride for Rider fans for the past few years. Even if it breaks bad from here on out in the arc, this was a good memory for Rider fans. That cover is awesome as well, one of the years best covers. I really wish Bendis could have given us this arc around issue #4 where it belonged….I am looking forward to what’s next.

A very polished, solid comic though.

4.5/5 stars
    Yeah, I thought Rich was handling Thanos quite well. He looked as if he was one of the most powerful dudes in Marvel. Shoot, Thor sure hasn't looked like a stud, much, lately. Rich appeared to be Marvel's answer to Superman in this issue. I was very glad he did not get punked. He was doing the punking.

It is sad that a lot of Mr. Bendis' books turns out to be a bunch of talking. Super hero comics are about super-heroing, and that does not happen a lot in his books. But that was not the case in the issue. There was some throwing down going on.

This was the first issue since Sara Pichelli left, that I enjoyed the art. I was missing her art, up until this issue. I'm sure I will miss it after this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by 50yearoldNovafan View Post
    Yeah, I thought Rich was handling Thanos quite well. He looked as if he was one of the most powerful dudes in Marvel. Shoot, Thor sure hasn't looked like a stud, much, lately. Rich appeared to be Marvel's answer to Superman in this issue. I was very glad he did not get punked. He was doing the punking.

It is sad that a lot of Mr. Bendis' books turns out to be a bunch of talking. Super hero comics are about super-heroing, and that does not happen a lot in his books. But that was not the case in the issue. There was some throwing down going on.

This was the first issue since Sara Pichelli left, that I enjoyed the art. I was missing her art, up until this issue. I'm sure I will miss it after this arc.
    I actually thought the bendis talking stuff worked here..i at least prefer it to the Loeb / Ed MC G combo where 6 issues read like 1 in Nova (and thats no fault on Ed)