Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Captain Marvel, #7

• For Issues 7 and 8, Marcio Takara, the incomparable artist on Incorruptible, joins the Carol Corps!
    • What happens when Captain Marvel and her flerkin' cat, Chewie, have an unexpected alien visitor?
    • In space, no one can hear you MEOWWWHISSSS!

Full article here.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    • For Issues 7 and 8, Marcio Takara, the incomparable artist on Incorruptible, joins the Carol Corps!
    • What happens when Captain Marvel and her flerkin' cat, Chewie, have an unexpected alien visitor?
    • In space, no one can hear you MEOWWWHISSSS!

Full article here.
    I wonder if this isn't all a dream sequence? Nice to see DeConnick returning to the Marvel Machine romance she showed in issue #1.

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    I wonder if this isn't all a dream sequence? Nice to see DeConnick returning to the Marvel Machine romance she showed in issue #1.
    oOoooh this is most definitely a dream.
    No way would KSD blow up all of Carol's supporting cast-- including Jess and Jimmy.

Looks lovely though.
    Perhaps this is some flerkin exposure side effect? Or it could just be a bad dream.

It definitely feels rather nightmarish to me.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

but the artwork is lovely. I think I might even prefer this artist to Lopez.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Perhaps this is some flerkin exposure side effect? Or it could just be a bad dream.
    Could be Flerken but I'm betting on the latter.

It's nicely symbolic, too. Back in #1 (of this run) Carol said she was leaving Earth and wouldn't come back until she figured out where she belonged. She's been in space for 5 issues and now her subconscious is nagging her about the friends she abandoned - proving that her connection to them has outlasted whatever damage 'The Enemy Within' did to her mind. Plus it's a really good gut-punch for a preview, as we can see.

Takara's art looks gorgeous indeed. Love it when the 'fill-in' artist doesn't feel like a step down.