Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Freeman hasn’t announced anything but the Braves have basically done it by trading for Matt Olson. Dumb founded and heart broken they let Freeman walk even if the deal keeps the production at first base at least even and possibly better in the long run given Olson is younger. Also don’t like that they gave up Langoliers too.

Sadly it is going to be a rough season for My Reds. Several trades so far Then a Trade yesterday as they gave up one of our best Starting Pitchers to the Twins. And the GM today said there are going to be more trades then signings in the up coming weeks. Said he hopes we can be competitive for a title in the next 3-4 years.

of course 2 years ago they said that all the people they signed in the off season would make us competitive for many years. i guess many years is 2 years. And of course we heard this 4 times in the last decade.

The bengals seem to have their act together but now the Reds who have been shitty for many many years have decided to get much worse.

There were 153 people who decided to cancel their season tickets so far. And our opening day that sells out just in reservations before the tickets go on sale have seen 23 percent less sales and the opening day ticket lottery has seen a drop of 29 percent. Compared to the sales for the last few years.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Freeman hasn’t announced anything but the Braves have basically done it by trading for Matt Olson. Dumb founded and heart broken they let Freeman walk even if the deal keeps the production at first base at least even and possibly better in the long run given Olson is younger. Also don’t like that they gave up Langoliers too.
    Know what you mean. I hope he goes to the Dodgers rather than the Yanks. Though I'd sort of like him to go to the Angels, but I understand their backup role for him, DH, isn't really up for grabs there.

Reds ownership has committed to being the worst team in the league this year. After trading pitcher Sonny Grey they also today traded All Star jessie Winker and Eugenio Suárez to Seattle for Prospects. I get Suarez. He is a burden and has a huge contract. Get rid of him I am fine with that. More upset about Winker. The guy was an all star last year. Had the best season of his career and you get a prospect and player to be named later. A player that of course will either be an over the hill guy or a prospect.

Reds love trading guys for Prospects. It has been their MO for years. Get a couple good players. Have a season where they have a winning record and then start it all over, burn the house down and get prospects.

I am not a dramatic fan. I am not one of those what is the point kind of guys.

But after a life time of Reds Baseball and this owner proving time and time again they will not do what it takes to win.

I know a couple years ago they went out and got some guys. But they feel that is a huge failure because that did not produce playoff wins. never mind they would not pay for decent pitching, they had a bullpen that cost them more games then any one in the NL and they hired a manager who was super cheap, doesnt know what he is doing, based on his name.

What is the point right now. Why would I watch this team this year?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Speaking of the Reds and terrible ownership Urinatingtree just did a video on the infamous Marge Shott

Speaking of the Reds and terrible ownership Urinatingtree just did a video on the infamous Marge Shott

I know a lot of bad things are said about her. But I liked her. I met her two times. She was very friendly with the fans and she gave a damn about putting out a good team. But her racism and batshit craziness could not be ignored.

I do remember when she wanted to stop having fireworks after homeruns.

Thanks for the link to the video I had not seen this.
    Last edited by babyblob; 03-15-2022 at 04:21 AM.

Braves waste no time and extend Olson for 8 years and 168 million so that's first base locked up for a long time

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Braves waste no time and extend Olson for 8 years and 168 million so that's first base locked up for a long time
    If the Braves has $168 million for Olson, how much did Freddie Freeman want?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    If the Braves has $168 million for Olson, how much did Freddie Freeman want?
    Freeman will likely get at least 180 mil over 6 years and maybe more given how long he's taken and the teams involved in bidding

Freeman will likely get at least 180 mil over 6 years and maybe more given how long he's taken and the teams involved in bidding
    As for teams involved, that means the usual suspects, the Dodgers and Yankees, maybe the Red Sox.

Extraordinary Member

As for teams involved, that means the usual suspects, the Dodgers and Yankees, maybe the Red Sox.
    Why does he not want the Angels? With him, they might have a shot, and he could live pretty close to work since he lives in Orange County, where the Angels are, not the Dodgers, about an hour's drive north depending on where exactly he lives, (it's a big county). Does he have a special reason for not wanting them?

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Why does he not want the Angels? With him, they might have a shot, and he could live pretty close to work since he lives in Orange County, where the Angels are, not the Dodgers, about an hour's drive north depending on where exactly he lives, (it's a big county). Does he have a special reason for not wanting them?
    Does Anaheim have the coin to afford whatever it is Freeman wants in a new deal? I don’t know what the situation is with the Angels’ salary cap, but, I’m guessing it’s sizable, and who knows if he’ll put being close to home over a big payday.

Don't think the Yankees are in on Freeman as they just resigned Anthony Rizzo to a 2 year $32 million deal to play 1st base for them and they are already set at DH with Giancarlo Stanton.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Don't think the Yankees are in on Freeman as they just resigned Anthony Rizzo to a 2 year $32 million deal to play 1st base for them and they are already set at DH with Giancarlo Stanton.

-M
    Perhaps, but that won't stop the Yanks from kicking the tires on Freeman, especially if they worry about Boston having interest in him.

Perhaps, but that won't stop the Yanks from kicking the tires on Freeman, especially if they worry about Boston having interest in him.
    Surprisingly the Yankees seem to have gone conservative. They needed a SS badly but seemed unwilling to pay the big money for someone like Correa in free agency, and they've got to pony up to keep Judge soon. They were said to be wanting to let one of the big SS prospects they have get a chance to win the position long term rather than clogging it up for them, to build form within for a change. So, unless it's Judge or starting pitching (something they seem completely unable to develop in their system), I don't see them opening up the wallet for a year or two. Hank seems to have clamped down on spending for a bit. But it is the Yankees, so who knows. They always seem to drop their "plans" at a moment's notice because they are reactive and have to "keep up with the Joneses" when someone, especially the Red Sox, make a big move.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato