Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    all the reports I've seen have the 80 million number

Edit: Kris Bryant signing with the Rockies for 7 years and 182 million
    Hmmmm, I thought the Rox were still in the "getting rid of payroll by gutting the team" phase? I didn't know they'd skip to the "getting stars for the future, when we might be good" phase.

Red Sox Twins spring training game is underway. We're actually playing baseball again.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Freddie Freeman signs with the Dodgers. 6 years $162 million.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Freddie Freeman signs with the Dodgers. 6 years $162 million.
    As a sox fan that broke my heart. We didn't make an offer to Schwarber so we'd have the money for Freeman...and we got nothing.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Aaron Judge (and any other unvaccinated player on the Yankee roster) would miss up to 93 games for the Yankees because of his unvaccinated status if NYC does not lift its current mask mandate for private employers in the city. He will already miss all games played in Toronto, but would also miss all Yankees home games and the games played against the Mets. Spokepeople for the NYC mayor's office said there is no timetable for ending the mask mandate, that it is an indefinite statute and its end is not tied to infection rates, but will be changed if and when the Mayor's office decides it is no longer necessary. Unvaccinated Mets players would also be affected. The irony is that players on visiting teams, since their teams are not NYC businesses, are not under the mask mandate and could play as visiting players at CITI Field and Yankee Stadium.

-M

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Extraordinary Member

Hmm, Freeman's taking BP at his old high school, much to the delight of their current players. I wonder if I could...just watch from the sidewalk? IIRC it's got a nice view of the field. And it's bike distance away.

Braves sign former Dodgers closer Kenley Jansen to a 1 year $16 million deal.

-M

Braves kept the core of their bullpen in Smith, Matzek, Minter, and Jackson and have added Kensly Janson, Tyler Thornburg, Collin McHugh and Kirby Yates to it in addition to some young arms and some vets on minor league deals, that's a monster of a pen

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

My Phillies signed free-agent outfielder Nick Castellanos to a five year, $100 million dollar contract. Between him and Kyle Schwarber, it looks like the Phightins are trying to line up a murderer's row to launch bombs in hitter friendly Citizens Bank Park.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My Phillies signed free-agent outfielder Nick Castellanos to a five year, $100 million dollar contract. Between him and Kyle Schwarber, it looks like the Phightins are trying to line up a murderer's row to launch bombs in hitter friendly Citizens Bank Park.
    I just heard the good news!

Carlos Correa signs a 3 year $105 million deal with the Twins.

-M

Extraordinary Member

I've noticed the Angels are trying for a C minus. They go for ONE guy per year. Not enough to do anything, but just enough to keep their fans. Thor being that guy this year. I guess they didn't need a Trevor Story or anyone like that. Or more pitching.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Braves sign former Dodgers closer Kenley Jansen to a 1 year $16 million deal.

-M
    Symmetry! Did I spell that right? I can't believe I got that right without spell check!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Has Trevor Story signed with ANYONE yet?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Has Trevor Story signed with ANYONE yet?
    Not yet. I've seen reports he is now willing to change position in the short term, something he was unwilling to do previously, and that has led to speculation the Red Sox are the favorite to sign him now to play 2B for a year as Bogaerts has an opt out after this season and the final three years of his contract are at ONLY $20 million per season, which after the Corea, Lindor and Tatis contracts is low for premiere SS, and whatever deal Story gets will likely top that as well.

-M