Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Former New York Mets pitcher Jeff Innis has passed away after a five year fight with cancer. Sports Illustrated's Tom Verducci wrote a fantastic appreciation of a middle reliever who was vastly unappreciated during his career. You can check out the article HERE!.

AAAA1st14.jpg
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Talks between the league and the union this afternoon stalled, and with no progress today, it pretty much is a certainty now that Spring Training will not start on time.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

honestly itll be a miracle if we get a spring training at all

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    honestly itll be a miracle if we get a spring training at all
    I blame the owners. And I think it will be a miracle if we have a season at all. Just what MLB needs right now, another lost season.

MLB has requested the assistance of a federal mediator to help end the lockout.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...-sport-lockout

Since mediation is not mandatory, the player's union would have to agree to the process before a federal mediator could intercede on the negotiations.

-M

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Ultimate Member

I blame both sides...

Adrian Gonzalez, who played for the Marlins, Mets, Dodgers, Red Sox, Padres and Rangers over his career, has announced his retirement.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Players have rejected mediation, and it looks like talks are mostly stalled again. The statement from Max Scherzer., one of the player reps in the union...we don't need mediation, our offer on the table is completely fair for both sides...basically indicates the players seem unwilling to budge from their demands, which pretty much means negotiations have no where to go unless owners concede everything, which they won't, so I think this is going to be a loooong time before we see any baseball.

-M
    Last edited by MRP; 02-05-2022 at 09:08 PM.

Extraordinary Member

The Dodgers' Trevor Bauer will not be charged in the sexual assault case due to "insufficient evidence". He could still be suspended by MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    The Dodgers' Trevor Bauer will not be charged in the sexual assault case due to "insufficient evidence". He could still be suspended by MLB.
    Sounds like he's essentially going to get away with what he is alleged to have done. Typical.

Gerald Williams, who played for the Yankees, Brewers, Braves, Rays, Marlins and Mets across as 14 year MLB career, has passed away.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Sounds like he's essentially going to get away with what he is alleged to have done. Typical.
    Sure, he might have gotten away with his alleged crime, but, that doesn't mean a team will take a flyer on him. In the court of public opinion, Bauer is radioactive like Chernobyl.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Sure, he might have gotten away with his alleged crime, but, that doesn't mean a team will take a flyer on him. In the court of public opinion, Bauer is radioactive like Chernobyl.
    I would hope, but history doesn't have me optimistic.

Former Oakland A's player Jeremy Giambi has passed away.

Mighty Member

Regarding the strike, it's ridiculous. These players make millions of dollars a year. 500 players out of 300 million US population make it to the MLB. Which means it's really small. Bryce Harper is currently under a $400 million dollar contract. Why would these players need to strike when they make so much already? Selfish idiots.