Mighty Member

Default Amazing Adventures featuring Kilraven/War of the Worlds #28

I don't have this issue these days but from what I remember thinking the first time I read it was, is this anti-abortion?. The story itself has Martians eating babies, like people eat veal. But the human henchmen are dressed like surgeons and have a scalpel instead of hands, kind of a twisted version of an abortionist an opponent would have. What do you think?

I never read it that way.

To me, it was simply meant to say how "alien" the Martians were. We(humans) were nothing but chattel, the local fauna to be shepherded.

Mighty Member

Yeah, that's how it was in H. G. Wells, only the Martians didn't exactly eat people, but used them for blood transfusions.

I think we can all agree that babies are delicious and if it weren't for the special interest groups we'd all be eating them.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeweasel View Post
    I think we can all agree that babies are delicious and if it weren't for the special interest groups we'd all be eating them.
    "A Modest ProposL", eh?

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

ahhh! some Swiftians amongst us!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

i'm surpised we've never heard about this saga being adapted for Marvel studios yet. maybe Disney is still stinging from John Carter of Mars. Oh well.

It’s a cook book!!!
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”