Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Congratulations to DG fan SquirrelMan for a cover which showed Dual Continuities quite well. A Definite Classic.

In this week's peak of the week, the captain will go on about what he has learned from this week's contest. Indeed, he was extremely impressed by the strict adherence to Rule 7 and the lack of noting how something didn't show the theme exactly. Well done campers.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Congratulations to DG fan SquirrelMan for a cover which showed Dual Continuities quite well. A Definite Classic.

In this week's peak of the week, the captain will go on about what he has learned from this week's contest. Indeed, he was extremely impressed by the strict adherence to Rule 7 and the lack of noting how something didn't show the theme exactly. Well done campers.
    Now that you mention it, a few were sketchy. For instance, why should we think a certain Victorian Detective is from a different Universe than a Gotham Vigilante?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Now that you mention it, a few were sketchy. For instance, why should we think a certain Victorian Detective is from a different Universe than a Gotham Vigilante?
    Good point. After all, both of them inhabited a serialized universe, with illustrations. It might be more nearly a time-travel thing than an inter-dimensional thing. I blame Mr. Mxyzptlk.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Good point. After all, both of them inhabited a serialized universe, with illustrations. It might be more nearly a time-travel thing than an inter-dimensional thing. I blame Mr. Mxyzptlk.
    Batmite more likely.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Batmite more likely.
    PLOT TWIST: It was all the work of the mischievous sprite who annoys Sherlock Holmes. Yotarmir!

Great Job SquirrelMan!!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    PLOT TWIST: It was all the work of the mischievous sprite who annoys Sherlock Holmes. Yotarmir!
    I see what you did there.

Oh wow!

Thanks for everyone who voted. New contest in the works.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Congratulations to SquirrelMan

And many thanks to nx01a and CaptCleghorn for the votes

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Iron Maiden 'cuz of the sheer icony and the importance of that book
    Thanks again, but apparently not enough voters wanted to honor the first big crossover event of the DC and Marvel Universe.

IIIRC there was some kind of portal Doctor Doom used to crossover and meet up with the Parasite. There was a later crossover with the Fantastic Four and Superman. I have that one stored away.

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    Quickly, say Ytrairom!
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

I see what you did there.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Quickly, say Ytrairom!
    You both are officially awesome! ^_^

Astonishing Member

Perhaps Zatanna can put everything right by saying "Naelopan fo Emirc!"

Invincible Member

Congrats, Squirrelman!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Thank you to Tami and LordMikel for the votes, and congratulations to SquirrelMan!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Congratulations, SquirrelMan!