Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Overthinking your comics is very rarely a good thing.
    Beats the alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I meant the whole situation where Karma was resurrected with her leg missing, for no in-universe reason, despite her showing dislike for it in the past. IIRC the reason was that Vita Ayala didn't want to erase disability representation. But I felt it came off as disingenuous and lazy.
    Ahh....yes True True
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    There are mutants, like Forge, that I could see legitimately choosing to remain as they are. Karma's not one of them. She wasn't introduced with a disability like Forge or Xavier, and she's complained about it in the past.

But even Xavier himself, introduced in a wheelchair *decades ago*, has abandoned that chair and is walking on shiny new legs. He doesn't give a fig for disability representation...

Taki's an odd one. He could 'walk' in a split second, by reconfiguring his wheelchair into a pair of exoskeletal leg-braces and either using his powers to 'walk' or actually creating a genuine machine that responds to his mental commands and walks under it's own mechanical power (allowing him to continue walking even in a 'some idiot shot us with a mutant-powers-B-gone-ray again!' situation).

He could literally do this, with his brain (and his mutant power, obviously!), in less time than it took for me to type it. So he's gotta be *choosing* to remain in that chair, for other reasons (like he's been in it for so long that he's got zero sense of balance anymore and would have to learn how to walk all over again, which he doesn't want to devote the time to do, or allow one of Krakoa's thirty-bajillion telepaths to download into his brain...).
    Nice love the footwork on Taki. Buuut way back in X-Terminators when Taki was around Leech he's powers were of course negated and so his (Techno-manipulated) chair broke apart. So wouldn't the device malfunction if shot by some idiot
    Beats the alternative.
    I mean Truth
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I meant the whole situation where Karma was resurrected with her leg missing, for no in-universe reason, despite her showing dislike for it in the past. IIRC the reason was that Vita Ayala didn't want to erase disability representation. But I felt it came off as disingenuous and lazy.
    They left Hellion with prophetic hands with no explanation, what chance did she have?

Question, does Brand care that several tons of burning hot metal are barreling down towards Mars? Or is she counting on whatever Omega is there to stop it from happening?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Question, does Brand care that several tons of burning hot metal are barreling down towards Mars? Or is she counting on whatever Omega is there to stop it from happening?
    its the one over earth that blew up so its crashing there, so i assume she thinks one of the hero groups will deal with it, maybe magneto

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    They left Hellion with prophetic hands with no explanation, what chance did she have?
    He should buy lottery tickets then.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    That is a hilarious typo.

Slap! "Why did you slap me?" "I have prophetic hands, you were about to say something stupid."

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Beats the alternative.
    The alternative being...you suspend your already phenomenally stretched disbelief even further so that you can actually enjoy the story and not focus on the one thing that actually has very little to do with the story? That alternative?
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

The alternative being...you suspend your already phenomenally stretched disbelief even further so that you can actually enjoy the story and not focus on the one thing that actually has very little to do with the story? That alternative?
    Some of those details that you suggest to ignore are , depending on the person a unbelievable sore point, a shocking pink square inside a yellow circle, attracting your attention no matter what. And sometimes they are not that much of a detail, some times is just a frustrating style choice, because the character look cooler that way.
    And over analysing comic is innate tk comic book reader, is half of the fun. Talking about this stuff is what make these sort of boards interesting

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I never suggested ignoring the details. And Suspending your disbelief is not ignoring those details. It's actually quite the opposite.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Overthinking your comics is very rarely a good thing.
    That's the way I look at it as well.

Ultimate Member

Way to overthink your reply to my three word post.

Hmm, next time i will say artificial hands, but at least it gave someone a chuckle so there is that i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    its the one over earth that blew up so its crashing there, so i assume she thinks one of the hero groups will deal with it, maybe magneto
    Either they messed up the image and the wording or i have to go get my eyes checked because the picture shown doesn't look like Earth.

S.W.O.R.D. (2020-) 010-018.jpg

In either case, it is still messed up just how far she went, then again letting untold number of innocents die for her machinations is not out of character for her.

That is a hilarious typo.

Slap! "Why did you slap me?" "I have prophetic hands, you were about to say something stupid."
    My biggest complaint about the site is that I have no way to give certain comments likes/hearts/kudos, because a lot of you guys are funny as hell.
    2024: The Year of Hellion