Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default SWORD #10 Review *spoilers*

The issue's main plot focuses on the mole making their move. It's everyone's number one guess Wiz-kid. He plays on Cable's lingering respect for him from Teen Cable's time on the Peak. He also manipulates Cable's techno-organic arm. Cable wakes up to the Peak getting blown up but not before learning everyone was evacuated. Cable infers that Wiz-kid impersonated him and sent the order.

Wiz-kid meets up with Henry Gyrich to tell him what happened. He is also revealed to be a triple agent under Brand's orders. This plot ends with the reveal Brand was with Wiz-kid during the Gyrich meeting. She was shrunken down due to Pym Particles.

She also reminds us that mutants didn't make the pym particles lest we forget.

The issue's secondary plot focuses on storm and frenzy fighting off the lethal legion. This carries over from last issue. They have an easy victory but they are suspicious. From the data page we learn that the Lethal Legion are terrorists for hire which probably would play a role down the road.

Notes- My only gripe is I wished they built up Wiz-kid and Teen Cable's relationship before this issue.

Another great issue, no complaints from me other than adult Cable being too smiley with Wiz Kid. I always read Cable as gruff rather than personable, but that's a minor nitpick. It was cute to see Xandra fangirl over Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Another great issue, no complaints from me other than adult Cable being too smiley with Wiz Kid. I always read Cable as gruff rather than personable, but that's a minor nitpick. It was cute to see Xandra fangirl over Storm.
    Cable’s not always gruff. The man has layers.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The issue's secondary plot focuses on storm and frenzy fighting off the lethal legion. This carries over from last issue. They have an easy victory but they are suspicious. From the data page we learn that the Lethal Legion are terrorists for hire which probably would play a role down the road.
    Seems like a non-issue. Just have Emma buy Lethal Legion to take them off the board.

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Seems like a non-issue. Just have Emma buy Lethal Legion to take them off the board.
    She can buy some but not all .

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm in love with Taki.
    And Camagni's art is even more exquisite in this issue.
    Can't wait to see Storm cut loose next issue.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

11 out of 10. Was glad the focus was on Taki and i think Wiz Kid struggled with a very real issue and something i know i have pondered. The line between humility and the desire to feel shame for sometimes knowing better because of the negative connotations sometimes associate with intelligence because they sometimes feel uncomfortable. It was a very good way to get a glimpse into the character and i am glad my faith was rewarded and he was in fact a triple agent.

Frenzy getting in on the action was nice but a part of me is expecting at these point for at least some of Arrako to come defend it's Regent and land just out of sheer pride and the "defend this land law" i believe they also had. I like that Storm was present but you could feel it was a build up and i am surprisingly glad teen cable is still acknowledged but don't miss him at all with cable returned, he just fits in the book and this is a good cast of characters.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

I can see why there's people that tend to enjoy this title more than even the Hickman written titles like it was said by Comic book herald. I love both, it depends on my mood which I enjoyed more at that given moment but man I love what Ewing is doing here.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp.
    This was a 11/10 and a galaxy of stars...just for Taki's characterisation alone...and the art.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Amazing Member

Briefs over boxers, that’s the real reveal.

Best Telford has ever looked...
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Agreed, this was a great book. Wish we could have Ewing writing more xbooks

This is a good way to write around Wiz-Kid's disability and dyslexia: he acknowledges how it's inconvenient for him, and how it makes other people view him. He's willing to walk again, but he (quite reasonably) doesn't want to die in order for it to happen. He even notes the inadvertent pressure mutants are putting on him to fit in; not only with his general attitude, but how he isn't gung-go on dying. There's pressure to conform. It felt a lot more genuine than the Karma situation.

The Krakoan at the end reads PLANET FALL
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

How many issues are left?

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm in love with Taki.
    And Camagni's art is even more exquisite in this issue.
    Can't wait to see Storm cut loose next issue.
    Agreed! This was awesome character work for Taki.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!