Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default X-Force #25 - Sisters Before Misters *spoilers*

Logan is with Forge who has created an adamanitum surf board for him

The Cuckoos are laying in the grass together and see Phoebe + Quentin written in the sky. He comes and whisks her away to the Bower and talk about the mutant babies
    The Cuckoos write a letter to Phoebe pretty much telling her she needs to choose between Quentin and them. Emma needs them and without all 5, they lose their grip like 5 fingers on a hand. Sisters before Misters

Logan goes surfing with a blonde and her friends. Her name is Pike

Phoebe calls out to Quentin's astral form in the night. She admits to peaking into his head and sees that he loves her too much and breaks up with him

Pike and her crew are seen kidnapping some mutant babies. Black Tom informs Sage of the baby heist
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-17-2021 at 09:31 AM.

I reaaallly try not to be overly negative here, but I need to go off.

Even though the execution of #24 was pretty poor, things were finally moving in this book... only for the momentum to be MURDERED with this issue. I understand we'll be seeing Colossus in Inferno, but seriously no follow-up on last issue?

Now onto the actual plot of this issue... who asked for an issue dedicated to Wolverine surfing/ self-flagellating? The Wolverine fans will have to come correct me if I'm wrong, but has Logan ever expressed an interest in surfing to the point where he's getting Krakoa's main weapons guy to design him an adamantium surfboard?

The QQ plot wasn't terrible, but I actually liked when the Cuckoo's were forming their own identities so this level of co-dependency seems like a regression for them. And I wonder... will Sage ever get a plot of her own in this book?

Overall, I haven't regretted buying an issue this much in a while. I'm gonna give X Lives and X Deaths a chance, but I'm reaching the point where I automatically put Percy on my avoid list.

Edit: And how could I forget the babies! Percy continues to portray Krakoa as the most incompetent nation that's ever existed as they don't have any surveillance or security around the islands ONE nursery.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 11-17-2021 at 10:41 AM.

Astonishing Member

I enjoyed the issue athough I admit, I don't mind Logan being interested in surfing did add layer, i don't think it contradict what Claremont, Hama, or even Aaron done through the years. I been alive for a long while so he probably took it up during the peak of surfing culture from the 60s. However I admit, this book felt more like it should be in the Wolverine solo title than X-Force. at least we have a subplot of Quire and his breakup. yeah it felt less like a team book. but it was still enjoyable.

Extraordinary Member

A surf board..... that set up was for a surf board.*Sigh* and Krakoa is incompetent af.

And this guy is doing X lives and Death?

Hickman come back

Gods. This is in the middle of "Colossus's biggest Story arc ever". Marvel will have to forgive me if I can't take that seriously at this point. I mean, I figured it was hype, but I didn't figure it'd be this scattered.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

So it sounds like "Their Deadliest Mission Yet" is an accurate description according to the cover.....

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    So it sounds like "Their Deadliest Mission Yet" is an accurate description according to the cover.....
    It was definitely deadly for my brain cells so Percy didn’t lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    A surf board..... that set up was for a surf board.*Sigh* and Krakoa is incompetent af.

And this guy is doing X lives and Death?

Hickman come back
    Agreed. The big reveal was stupid AF.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post

Even though the execution of #24 was pretty poor, things were finally moving in this book... only for the momentum to be MURDERED with this issue. I understand we'll be seeing Colossus in Inferno, but seriously no follow-up on last issue?

Now onto the actual plot of this issue... who asked for an issue dedicated to Wolverine surfing/ self-flagellating? The Wolverine fans will have to come correct me if I'm wrong, but has Logan ever expressed an interest in surfing to the point where he's getting Krakoa's main weapons guy to design him an adamantium surfboard?

The QQ plot wasn't terrible, but I actually liked when the Cuckoo's were forming their own identities so this level of co-dependency seems like a regression for them. And I wonder... will Sage ever get a plot of her own in this book?

Overall, I haven't regretted buying an issue this much in a while. I'm gonna give X Lives and X Deaths a chance, but I'm reaching the point where I automatically put Percy on my avoid list.

Edit: And how could I forget the babies! Percy continues to portray Krakoa as the most incompetent nation that's ever existed as they don't have any surveillance or security around the islands ONE nursery.
    I totally agree about Sage, I miss the days that she and Bishop were partners because they made a very effective team. Plus Sage was one of the few people that could give Bishop a run for his money in combat training, I loved watching how her predictive analysis ability made her a very capable and dangerous fighter. I still remember when Rogue said that Sage was one of the few people she thought could compare to Wolverine in sheer combat ability. They even showed flashbacks to when Sage was a child freedom fighter during the Russian occupation of Afghanistan, and that was how she met Xavier and Sebastian Shaw.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Astonishing Member

If this is the quality that life's and death are...it's going to be a long long event

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    If this is the quality that life's and death are...it's going to be a long long event
    uff, maybe the author put all his time and effort into his big X storyline for early next year and this explains the bad writing here?

I miss Hickman already. :-(

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Picked this up as an ironic "haven't bought the book's last few issues, but let's see what they do for the anniversary issue" and holy hell, I can't believe this is what we got. It wasn't terrible by any means. It's just... *why* write about this *now* of all times? Hate to wax melodramatically, but with the upcoming delays and change of the guard, now is not the time for low-key, not-particularly-bad-but-definitely-cheesy-and-kinda-boring fluff.

Oh well. As I've said before, not terrible, but the book should've been more honest in its marketing and presented itself as a "Quiet, heartfelt celebration of everything that went wrong with the C.I.A. x-book."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post

Ummm...Should Forge be asked is a adamantium surfboard even a good idea? Do you even want to be in the water with one of those things floating around?
    Last edited by rcaguy; 11-17-2021 at 03:32 PM.

Ultimate Member

I think that it's less about Forge and more about the writer thinking that an adamantium surfboard would be cool, leaving Forge to just be a means to an end...

I remember back when I thought X-Force was the best DOX book. Marvel should just cancel this as X-Force is incompetent and there is already so much spillover into Wolverine