Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Isn't one of Logan's few weakness DROWNING?! Because Adamantium weighs so much he effectively can't swim?!

I thought he was going to get a weapon and fight a stupid sea monster and that plot point more than a year ago about wanting to kill a sea monster. So it was even less unimportant than that.

QQ loves too much? Blech.

Mighty Member

This is the most incompetent X-force in history. Also, I hate this stupid baby thing. I hate that Spurrier introduced this.

Please give Sage something useful to do. I miss X-treme X-men where she was smart, tough and pretty bad ass.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Isn't one of Logan's few weakness DROWNING?! Because Adamantium weighs so much he effectively can't swim?!

I thought he was going to get a weapon and fight a stupid sea monster and that plot point more than a year ago about wanting to kill a sea monster. So it was even less unimportant than that.

QQ loves too much? Blech.
    This is exactly what I was thinking!

I mean all of the healers fear drowning, I mean Wolvie killed Daken by drowning him and for the longest time that is what he was threatened with the most

Also what happened to the Colossus storyline?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    This is exactly what I was thinking!

I mean all of the healers fear drowning, I mean Wolvie killed Daken by drowning him and for the longest time that is what he was threatened with the most

The fear of drowning is a thing that was mostly used by Aaron, before that Logan could swim just fine, hell even under Aaron he can swin just fine lol.

He does admitted in a Archie Goodwin story back in his Madripoor days that drowning might be the thing that his healling factor wouldn't be able to save him, but he was stuck in a rock unable to move back there, so is not like he can't get in the water or enjoy a dive, is just that he can be as vulnerable as a normal person under a fu#$ ton of water.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I reaaallly try not to be overly negative here, but I need to go off.

Even though the execution of #24 was pretty poor, things were finally moving in this book... only for the momentum to be MURDERED with this issue. I understand we'll be seeing Colossus in Inferno, but seriously no follow-up on last issue?

Now onto the actual plot of this issue... who asked for an issue dedicated to Wolverine surfing/ self-flagellating? The Wolverine fans will have to come correct me if I'm wrong, but has Logan ever expressed an interest in surfing to the point where he's getting Krakoa's main weapons guy to design him an adamantium surfboard?

The QQ plot wasn't terrible, but I actually liked when the Cuckoo's were forming their own identities so this level of co-dependency seems like a regression for them. And I wonder... will Sage ever get a plot of her own in this book?

Overall, I haven't regretted buying an issue this much in a while. I'm gonna give X Lives and X Deaths a chance, but I'm reaching the point where I automatically put Percy on my avoid list.

Edit: And how could I forget the babies! Percy continues to portray Krakoa as the most incompetent nation that's ever existed as they don't have any surveillance or security around the islands ONE nursery.
    Each individual Cuckoo is like 1/5th of Emma Frost’s power and like 1/5th a person. All five of them together are a major telepath rivaling Emma Frost.

So they have to always regression to what you’d called co-depency. But’s not. They’re essentially the same self split among 5 bodies that while are Emma Frost’s clones, are also biological robots and programmed as such.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Maybe there will be progress next issue and we'll get a single panel of it, or even very lucky and a page. For all the importance they put on it, it really doesn't feel very important.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    The fear of drowning is a thing that was mostly used by Aaron, before that Logan could swim just fine, hell even under Aaron he can swin just fine lol.

He does admitted in a Archie Goodwin story back in his Madripoor days that drowning might be the thing that his healling factor wouldn't be able to save him, but he was stuck in a rock unable to move back there, so is not like he can't get in the water or enjoy a dive, is just that he can be as vulnerable as a normal person under a fu#$ ton of water.
    Never realized that Aaron is the one that popularized it, I've never really read a solo Wolvie title until Aaron so that would explain it.

But it is odd that a man full of metal can be buoyant, but that's comics baybee

Dont know what was the purpose of this issue but, I am glad that Phoebe and QQ finally broke up.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post

Maybe I'm just so used to how absurd his Healing Factor gets that at this point I feel like they'd just evolve his lungs to breathe underwater before he croaked.

Astonishing Member

Quinton was sentenced to FEEL, karma for years of being a jerk.

The biggest problem is Krakow not bothering to have security protecting their nursery.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Each individual Cuckoo is like 1/5th of Emma Frost’s power and like 1/5th a person. All five of them together are a major telepath rivaling Emma Frost.

So they have to always regression to what you’d called co-depency. But’s not. They’re essentially the same self split among 5 bodies that while are Emma Frost’s clones, are also biological robots and programmed as such.
    I just think it’s sad that beings who have in the past desired to have their own personalities can’t even date who they want (not saying it has to or should be Quentin).
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 11-18-2021 at 05:22 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    uff, maybe the author put all his time and effort into his big X storyline for early next year and this explains the bad writing here?

I miss Hickman already. :-(
    I still don't know whats going on in x story.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Dont know what was the purpose of this issue but, I am glad that Phoebe and QQ finally broke up.
    Yeah. To be honest, I never liked the relationship. The whole crush on her sister and the subsequent riot at Xavier's killed any possible Quentin/Cuckoo pairings, resurrections or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

THIS book was horrible!!

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! damn u percy!

I am not going to even bother to hide my frustration, for lack of a better word here, first when in the hell has Wolverine ever, EVER expressed an interest in surfing of all things?

Second of all, how is it we go from Colossus being forced by his brother to murder an innocent woman who loved him and betray his friends and family to this?

Third, how many more times must this island be infiltrated before they get a damn clue and fix it? I mean now they have gone and kidnapped babies...BABIES!!! Hell why do they even leave babies out in the open like that!? I mean what in the hell X-men!?

Finally why is Hellions, IMO one of the better series in DoX, getting cancelled but this travesty keeps going?