Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I agree both should go back to their respective universes.Miles in 65 is a no-no for me though, but if they ever bring back 1610 that's Miles's home IMO.
    And Gwen needs to be primarily 65
    You do release that 616 miles is now in the ultimate universe right?

Gwen Verse... The multiverse of the most overrated Marvel character (Spider-Gwen).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    You do release that 616 miles is now in the ultimate universe right?
    1610 is destroyed rn and the maker is trying to rebuild it.And 616 Miles isn't nearly as important a character and can switch universes if Marvel wants w/ ease

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    They killed my interest in her by bringing her into the 616 so much. Part of the appeal (for me) was seeing her in her own world, and what it means in that world for there to be a Spider-Gwen instead of a Spider-Man. I really enjoyed the band, many of the villains, and the overall aesthetic of the book -- even when it made creative choices I didn't care for, it was still interesting.....
    Same here, I think moving her to 616 more or less full-time was the worst thing to happen to her character, doing so significantly watered down her uniqueness.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Mighty Member

1610 is destroyed rn and the maker is trying to rebuild it.And 616 Miles isn't nearly as important a character and can switch universes if Marvel wants w/ ease
    Nah too late I mean we see that is is going in good progress but maker would just rule it as an emperor
    Ultimate goblin somehow still alive along with ultimate Peter Parker thanks to the end of spider-men II issue 5 it was restored.
    Last edited by Toxin45; 11-25-2021 at 06:59 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Is mashing two characters together the only idea Marvel has anymore? In the last 5 years alone, we had Tarot, Infinity Warps, Heroes Reborn, Gwenpool (who is great, mind you), Venomverse, Red Goblin, Cosmic Ghost Rider, War Machine Punisher, What If?, What If?: Miles Edition, Deathpool in Strike Force, and X-Men chimeras.
    It's not like the first attempt they made with Amalgam was all that encouraging, but they get the impression fans like that, for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Gwen Verse... The multiverse of the most overrated Marvel character (Spider-Gwen).
    Preach.
    Mayday deserves TWICE the amount of love Gwen-65 has gotten. The most Spider-Gwen has going for her is the costume, in the comics at least. She's barley a character. Mayday's more interesting in pretty much every way. I said what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Preach.
    Mayday deserves TWICE the amount of love Gwen-65 has gotten. The most Spider-Gwen has going for her is the costume, in the comics at least. She's barley a character. Mayday's more interesting in pretty much every way. I said what I said.
    Mayday's too "traditional" for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Seems that way, unfortunately...

*sighs* Oh well...One day she'll get her due. I think. I hope.

Extraordinary Member

Preach.
    Justice for Mayday.

Also twice is lowballing it

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Mayday deserves TWICE the amount of love Gwen-65 has gotten… Mayday's more interesting in pretty much every way.
    Making an AU of a famously dead supporting Spidey character a Spider herself is arguably a bigger novelty than the AU daughter of Peter inheriting his powers, which is predictable.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Making an AU of a famously dead supporting Spidey character a Spider herself is arguably a bigger novelty than the AU daughter of Peter inheriting his powers, which is predictable.
    I suppose. I just really don't like Gwen as a character to begin with and think that everything from Spectacular to the TASM duology and especially Spider-Gwen tricked the general public into believing she was ever interesting originally when she really wasn't, and even then I don't care for Gwen-65 all that much. So my bias against her may have something to do with it.
    With that said, I stand by what I said. Make Mayday relevant again, dammit!

That just makes her sound more like a character sold on novelty than compelling storytelling or characterization in my opinion. And I read her solo's.

Extraordinary Member

I suppose. I just really don't like Gwen as a character to begin with and think that everything from Spectacular to the TASM duology and especially Spider-Gwen tricked the general public into believing she was ever interesting originally when she really wasn't, and even then I don't care for Gwen-65 all that much. So my bias against her may have something to do with it.
    With that said, I stand by what I said. Make Mayday relevant again, dammit!
    I love spec and TASM Gwen and they are nothing like 616 Gwen(and hence so good) and 1610 is a new character compared to both formers or the latter.

She had a good idea and re-reading her solo was fun but nowhere near Mayday's.This direction will bury her further down I'm afraid.

That just makes her sound more like a character sold on novelty than compelling storytelling or characterization in my opinion. And I read her solo's.
    Read both and even though Mayday's was a long time back and I just read Gwen's a month or so ago(the first run IIRC, and only parts of the new one) Mayday is far better storytelling wise.

Peter stands out in both stories as well, as the bullied kid who went to far or the retired Superhero dad.

Man I'm never surprised at how many different takes on Peter can be so different yet shine all the same.He has like 3 zombie Earths setings and all are amazing.

Sure it has a bigger novelty factor, but novelty isn't something that keeps the character interesting afterwards, 'cause cool ideas are only worth a damn if the execution is worth it.

Back in the 90's we did have that anti-hero phase, it was novel, even though it didn't work that well lol.

Read both and even though Mayday's was a long time back and I just read Gwen's a month or so ago(the first run IIRC, and only parts of the new one) Mayday is far better storytelling wise.
    I somehow managed to read Mayday's comic in an awkward point, with the whole mind trip with aunt May and Norman becoming "Goblin God", what an acid trip lol.

Peter stands out in both stories as well, as the bullied kid who went to far or the retired Superhero dad.

Man I'm never surprised at how many different takes on Peter can be so different yet shine all the same.He has like 3 zombie Earths setings and all are amazing.
    While I don't think Marvel Zombies Spidey is interesting (I find him less boring than the other characters, but yeah, not a compliment), Spidey has the nice perk of having pretty defined personality traits, and putting that personality in different situations can work pretty well.

Of course, he's not the only one like this, but there are a lot of characters out there with vaguely defined personality traits, which can be why they change so much between different writers, while with Spidey, even when poorly written there is an attempt at using his usual traits.