Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

She's been 20 for a while, I think.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She's been 20 for a while, I think.
    Oh okay, she still reads like a 18 character to me.

Oh god, they gave Land more work, and all he basically has to do is trace himself.

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Here’s the awkward part for Marvel: the explosion in attention made Gwen more popular than the actual Spider-Woman. You’re left with a difficult decision: have Gwen completely take over the mantle and rewrite the mythos to make her Spider-Woman (much like what happened with Carol Danvers and Captain Marvel) or awkwardly try to segue her to a different identity. It did not help that Jason Letour is disgraced and Robbi Rodriguez burned his bridges at Marvel, and those are the creators of the Spider-Gwen concept.

Weird thing is that I think Gwen is still a more popular Spider-Woman than Jessica. But Marvel just keeps dropping the ball.
    She has a known name and a cool costume, she's definitely more popular than any other Spider-Woman, the closest thing to a competition is Mayday, and while Mayday's comic lasted for far longer than any of Gwen's, Gwen is more known outside of the comics 'cause of that Spidey cartoon she shows up in and Spider-Verse's movie.

I think the only way to see if the concept truly has legs is to stick Gwen and Peter together as a Spider-Couple in a book or something and see what happens.
    Eh, in another universe, maybe, but if it's 65-Gwen and 616-Peter, she'll likely be screwed over because he's the bigger name.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Someday we will find that issue where Peter insults Electro's starfish mask :P.
    TV tropes really should list when some stuff happened, specially when quoting lol.

The darkness embraced me long ago Luk, my job is simply dragging you to it.
    Why would you want to drag me? That's just asking to have someone to fight for the throne of "More Spider-Trivia than man", and if you're trying to make me get into the throne so you can escape it, that's not gonna work .

Still don't worry, you can always had the future of the android that provides scans
    Ah ****, your lore is mixing with Spiderfan01's .

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    And, since we are have a "Gwenverse", how about a "Mary Jane-verse"? I mean, this Gwenverse seems to come from the covers where she was eevry hero in the MU, so why not another with Mary Jane since we are on it? I would personally like to see a world where Mary Jane was bitten by the radioactive spider after Peter instead of Cindy Moon.
    Man it's not because Gwen is getting some stupid gimmick that MJ should follow suit lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Oh okay, she still reads like a 18 character to me.
    People may not change that much in just two years, so that can be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Oh god, they gave Land more work, and all he basically has to do is trace himself.
    Yeah, Land is not gonna stop getting jobs anytime soon, his tracing means he can work fast lol.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Ah ****, your lore is mixing with Spiderfan01's .
    Damn that's some multiverse-esque stuff right there

Man it's not because Gwen is getting some stupid gimmick that MJ should follow suit lol.
    This, it's not exactly a banger idea for Gwen.Leave MJ alone lol

People may not change that much in just two years, so that can be fair.
    Of course, my point was she should be behave like a young adult now and that might help get her a direction

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Damn that's some multiverse-esque stuff right there
    More like two writers contradicting each other's lore .

Edit: Hell, you said I'm an AI while TheCape said I'm an android, that's very Marvel of you two :P.

This, it's not exactly a banger idea for Gwen.Leave MJ alone lol
    spoilers:
    Although the idea of Peter and MJ being bitten by the same spider would lead to a lot of earlier banging
    end of spoilers

Of course, my point was she should be behave like a young adult now and that might help get her a direction
    She was also in prison before McGuire's run, that could help shape her a bit too.

And I'm not saying she should become some ******* anti-hero because prison sucks, that's a direction but, going to prison at all for like, an year I think? That would mess with you at least for a while.

So yeah, she could develop some more, but clearly, that's a terrible idea compared to making Gwen be every hero in existence .
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 11-21-2021 at 03:33 PM.

She was also in prison before McGuire's run, that could help shape her a bit too.

And I'm not saying she should become some ******* anti-hero because prison sucks, that's a direction but, going to prison at all for like, an year I think? That would mess with you at least for a while.

So yeah, she could develop some more, but clearly, that's a terrible idea compared to making Gwen be every hero in existence .
    I expect her prison stint to become a "oh yeah, that happened" thing moving forward. I think McGuire only mentioned it once.

I expect her prison stint to become a "oh yeah, that happened" thing moving forward. I think McGuire only mentioned it once.
    I mean, McGuire's Gwen definitely didn't act like she was in prison.

Then again, super-heroes in general act like not much happens in their lives, despite the bullshit they go through should give them like 50 different kinds of PTSDs... Even worse if you're a mutant, Spider-Man, or Daredevil lol.

So yeah, think the writer who made the prison thing happen is not at Marvel anymore, so that likely is going to be "Oh yeah, that happened" kind of detail lol.

I mean, McGuire's Gwen definitely didn't act like she was in prison.

Then again, super-heroes in general act like not much happens in their lives, despite the bullshit they go through should give them like 50 different kinds of PTSDs... Even worse if you're a mutant, Spider-Man, or Daredevil lol.

So yeah, think the writer who made the prison thing happen is not at Marvel anymore, so that likely is going to be "Oh yeah, that happened" kind of detail lol.
    She and Scott Lang should commiserate over being ex-cons .

Gwen's kinda young to pair up with Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Gwen's kinda young to pair up with Scott.
    People thought she was kind of old to be paired with Miles at the time .

People thought she was kind of old to be paired with Miles at the time .
    She's like two years older than Miles. Scott's like 20 years older than her.

doesnt stop aunt may with getting it Otto
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Let's not start weird ships .

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    doesnt stop aunt may with getting it Otto
    In this case they're two adults at least, pretty old adults lol.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Let's not start weird ships .
    Well Scott got it on with Johnny's ex Darla Deering after he was resurrected and although it's a safe bet Darla's a bit older than Gwen the age gap with Scott would still be significant.

But imagine how Cassie would feel about her Dad with Gwen?!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES