Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Well, the only age-appropriate ex-con hero I can think of is Vance Astro, although I think he's got a few years on Gwen too. Same with Melissa Gold/Songbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, the only age-appropriate ex-con hero I can think of is Vance Astro, although I think he's got a few years on Gwen too. Same with Melissa Gold/Songbird.
    I guess we need to have younger male characters be arrested if we want someone around her age to relate being an ex-con .

I see nobody's mentioned the fact that this book gives them an excuse to use Nightbird from Heroes Reborn. She's the only alt Gwen shown for this so far who isn't based on a Marvel character (she's Batgirl).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I see nobody's mentioned the fact that this book gives them an excuse to use Nightbird from Heroes Reborn. She's the only alt Gwen shown for this so far who isn't based on a Marvel character (she's Batgirl).
    She felt so... meh

Spider-gwen while nothing like 616 Gwen had me intrigued by the concept and her solo stuff specially ones that dealt w/ her father, Ben and May, Peter and Harry were great.They can make a entire solo to show us more of Peter and Gwen, one of the most brutal origins for Gwen and fates for Peter and yet we barely learn about it.Use Ben and May more as well.Use Matt Murdock more.

They slowly seperated her from 65 and her stuff w/ the Spider-women and then 616 and now this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Yeah, it is getting a bit much. Even as a (major) Spider-Gwen fan, I'm getting Gwen fatigue. I hope SG does not suffer the same fate Venom did in the 1990s; having to go on hiatus for twenty years because everyone got tired of the character/concept due to oversaturation....
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yeah, it is getting a bit much. Even as a (major) Spider-Gwen fan, I'm getting Gwen fatigue. I hope SG does not suffer the same fate Venom did in the 1990s; having to go on hiatus for twenty years because everyone got tired of the character/concept due to oversaturation....
    She will have been on hiatus for about a year by the time this project launches, so that's a start.

I prefer SpiderGwen than Miles but Miles is easier to untangle from Peter than SpiderGwen. Outside of Earth 65 she doesn't have much appeal to me. It might've been better if she was Gwen's younger cousin than Gwen herself.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I prefer SpiderGwen than Miles but Miles is easier to untangle from Peter than SpiderGwen. Outside of Earth 65 she doesn't have much appeal to me.
    The big problem is Gwen's supporting cast are just alternate versions of Peter's. MJ, Glory, Betty, Aunt May.

You could reasonably untangle Captain Stacy for Gwen, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The big problem is Gwen's supporting cast are just alternate versions of Peter's. MJ, Glory, Betty, Aunt May.

That's what I meant in my post. My bad I thought it was clear.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-24-2021 at 10:49 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I prefer SpiderGwen than Miles but Miles is easier to untangle from Peter than SpiderGwen. Outside of Earth 65 she doesn't have much appeal to me. It might've been better if she was Gwen's younger cousin than Gwen herself.
    Marvel has a major thing for the Spider-fam so the closer to Pete the better(even if I don't want Peter to get roped in this mess).

Mighty Member

That's what I meant in my post. My bad I thought it was clear.
    Also some her villains are also alternate versions from the main universe too

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Also some her villains are also alternate versions from the main universe too
    They killed my interest in her by bringing her into the 616 so much. Part of the appeal (for me) was seeing her in her own world, and what it means in that world for there to be a Spider-Gwen instead of a Spider-Man. I really enjoyed the band, many of the villains, and the overall aesthetic of the book -- even when it made creative choices I didn't care for, it was still interesting.

If I had been the one making decisions, I'd have used Secret Wars to shunt Miles Morales and his supporting cast into Spider-Gwen's universe. Having the two of them together in the save universe would, I think, bolster the sales of both without diluting what makes them interesting by having 616 Peter around.

Feel free to disagree, obviously. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

-Pav, who wanted Spider-Gwen's book to be more like Scooby Doo or Josie and the Pussycats...
    Last edited by Pav; 11-24-2021 at 01:12 PM.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    They killed my interest in her by bringing her into the 616 so much. Part of the appeal (for me) was seeing her in her own world, and what it means in that world for there to be a Spider-Gwen instead of a Spider-Man. I really enjoyed the band, many of the villains, and the overall aesthetic of the book -- even when it made creative choices I didn't care for, it was still interesting.

If I had been the one making decisions, I'd have used Secret Wars to shunt Miles Morales and his supporting cast into Spider-Gwen's universe. Having the two of them together in the save universe would, I think, bolster the saves of both without diluting what makes them interesting by having 616 Peter around.

Feel free to disagree, obviously. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

-Pav, who wanted Spider-Gwen's book to be more like Scooby Doo or Josie and the Pussycats...
    Miles is too good and normal for Earth-65 .

Extraordinary Member

I agree both should go back to their respective universes.Miles in 65 is a no-no for me though, but if they ever bring back 1610 that's Miles's home IMO.
    And Gwen needs to be primarily 65

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post

If I had been the one making decisions, I'd have used Secret Wars to shunt Miles Morales and his supporting cast into Spider-Gwen's universe. Having the two of them together in the save universe would, I think, bolster the sales of both without diluting what makes them interesting by having 616 Peter around.

I'm not against it.