Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    MJ getting sidelined after Spencer brought her back would be a pain in the ass.

Bad enough she left ASM during Spencer's run, while she did get her own mini/on-going, that got cancelled...

That could be funny at first, but sounds like it'd get old fast, but who knows.

Good point, didn't think of that, guess he shouldn't visit Peter after all, or only visit him if he's supposed to leave the coma lol.

I think Anti-Venom could potentially remove Peter's powers because of the symbiote in his blood, and that was removed at some point, though I only remember hearing about this, haven't confirmed.

Either way, by the time Flash is Anti-Venom, his healing power didn't seem to cause any issue with that in Go Down Swinging, since he healed Peter just fine and Peter didn't lose his powers, nor was it talked about like that was a possibility, so it could be the symbiote blood thing I mentioned, or maybe Flash's Anti-Venom is different from Eddie's and its healing power doesn't have the same potency, or maybe Slott forgot, or something else... Worth researching at least.
    Fair point. Could just be that Flash's version of Anti-Venom is different enough from Eddie's to not drain Peter's powers. As for the symbiote codex, as far as I'd recall, that never quite got removed from Peter after Absolute Carnage, though it'd seem Cates forgot about addressing that in King in Black.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

They're weirdly intentional about these things.

Slott didn't have a super-powered Flash and Peter meet up until his last ten issues.

This is probably going to depend on the post-Beyond team.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Fair point. Could just be that Flash's version of Anti-Venom is different enough from Eddie's to not drain Peter's powers. As for the symbiote codex, as far as I'd recall, that never quite got removed from Peter after Absolute Carnage, though it'd seem Cates forgot about addressing that in King in Black.
    I wasn't talking about Codex, I meant some other symbiote remains on his blood.

But yeah, good point, Peter specifically talked about not going until everyone else did, and then Carnage shows up while Cap is still on the machine, and I'm pretty sure the machine was destroyed, or at least the part that holds the Codice, so unless someone like 616 Reed rebuilt it and used on the rest, or there's a throwaway line saying everyone else removed their Codice, Spidey should still have it.

I wasn't talking about Codex, I meant some other symbiote remains on his blood.

But yeah, good point, Peter specifically talked about not going until everyone else did, and then Carnage shows up while Cap is still on the machine, and I'm pretty sure the machine was destroyed, or at least the part that holds the Codice, so unless someone like 616 Reed rebuilt it and used on the rest, or there's a throwaway line saying everyone else removed their Codice, Spidey should still have it.
    It's actually kind of funny that the alternate Dylan from Venom Beyond calls himself Codex, but "codex" is also the singular word for "codices," the name for the symbiote remnants inside former hosts.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I'm kind of done with Flash as a 'Peter' character now. Give him his own mini and I'd probably give it a go as a lawful good Venom thing. Start it with a "Hey, Pete. I'm alive again" hug and move on.

I tend to lose interest when supporting characters are made 'super' and there was no real reason to do so with Flash (even though I loved Remender's run) other than to just use a named character instead of starting from scratch.

You could argue they weren't doing anything else with him, but to me it's as mundane as suddenly making them a villain. But then, I typically find heroes more interesting with supporting casts who mostly aren't costumed heroes (Batman excluded).
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I'm kind of done with Flash as a 'Peter' character now. Give him his own mini and I'd probably give it a go as a lawful good Venom thing. Start it with a "Hey, Pete. I'm alive again" hug and move on.

I tend to lose interest when supporting characters are made 'super' and there was no real reason to do so with Flash (even though I loved Remender's run) other than to just use a named character instead of starting from scratch.

You could argue they weren't doing anything else with him, but to me it's as mundane as suddenly making them a villain. But then, I typically find heroes more interesting with supporting casts who mostly aren't costumed heroes (Batman excluded).
    It's certainly more humanizing, I would say, because the stakes with a mostly civilian supporting cast are a lot higher for the heroic protagonist than if said protagonist is surrounded by fellow costumed heroes or (presumably) well-trained government agents, like from S.H.I.E.L.D. (as an example), especially since those civilian friends/allies/loved ones give the heroes stronger ties to regular humanity.

Extraordinary Member

It's certainly more humanizing, I would say, because the stakes with a mostly civilian supporting cast are a lot higher for the heroic protagonist than if said protagonist is surrounded by fellow costumed heroes or (presumably) well-trained government agents, like from S.H.I.E.L.D. (as an example), especially since those civilian friends/allies/loved ones give the heroes stronger ties to regular humanity.
    This is usually the case but so many of Peter's inner circle have become metahumans by this point, I'm not sure they even react to anything as normal people would.

Last I checked (haven't read the core book in years) Liz Allen was married to a reformed super villain and related to another one (Molten Man).

Mary Jane is the most normal of the bunch and she now probably has Tony Stark on speed dial.

This may be why Slott just threw up his hands and had Spidey date Mockingbird. Might as well go full on X-Men.

Nobody's normal. Everybody has powers.Or is a Ninja. Or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    This is usually the case but so many of Peter's inner circle have become metahumans by this point, I'm not sure they even react to anything as normal people would.

Last I checked (haven't read the core book in years) Liz Allen was married to a reformed super villain and related to another one (Molten Man).

Mary Jane is the most normal of the bunch and she now probably has Tony Stark on speed dial.

This may be why Slott just threw up his hands and had Spidey date Mockingbird. Might as well go full on X-Men.

Nobody's normal. Everybody has powers.Or is a Ninja. Or both.
    Ha, yeah. She does have Tony Stark on speed dial, but he's not taking calls at the moment because he's got a s***load on his own plate as well.

Ha, yeah. She does have Tony Stark on speed dial, but he's not taking calls at the moment because he's got a s***load on his own plate as well.
    That and last time we've seen, MJ is annoyed at Stark for some reason.

(ASM#8 vol 5).

Extraordinary Member

That and last time we've seen, MJ is annoyed at Stark for some reason.

(ASM#8 vol 5).
    Civil war stuff ig, I'll take this over her working for Stark anyday

Also I hate people saying MJ needs powers, she's one of the few normal people left in Spidey world.Please let her stay that way

The decimation of the non-costumed supporting cast in big two comics is a big problem. It's not just Spidey.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    The decimation of the non-costumed supporting cast in big two comics is a big problem. It's not just Spidey.
    Yeah but you understand it w/ X-men,Avengers,etc. Even Batman I get but Spider-fam is stupid in 616 and this is just next level dumb

I wouldn't want them being roomates, but I would love to have more interaction. Once Spidey is up and running again, there's no reason for Flash not to look him up.

Hell, has Flash ever met Ben? That would be a pretty interesting interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Civil war stuff ig, I'll take this over her working for Stark anyday
    Which Civil War? .

Also I hate people saying MJ needs powers, she's one of the few normal people left in Spidey world.Please let her stay that way
    Yeah, while getting powers would likely increase her popularity, MJ is one of the few well written civilian characters out there, she doesn't need something as gimmicky as super-powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    And Spidey has it less bad overall, 'cause we still get occasional interaction with civilians, other characters just lost everything and only interact with other supers.

Whatever your opinion of it, I'm glad MJ got a solo book of her that didn't give her powers and portrayed her as just...MJ.