Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I can't be more NOT excited for this, "HOX/POX sequel" lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I can't be more NOT excited for this, "HOX/POX sequel" lmao
    Cassara's art is phenomenal here. wow!

I'm getting carefully optimistic. Percy had some moments of greatness. He maybe is boring for ongoing series but mabye he can write an entertaining event?

I think choosing Wolverine as the protagonist to set up a new chapter for Krakoa is so absolutely boring...I feel like we are stuck again in the FOX X-Men universe where only Wolverine, Professor X, and Magneto count as characters...
    Last edited by Exodus; 11-18-2021 at 11:56 PM.

BANNED

With all that said it will be interesting to see Phalanx version of Wolverine. I thought that was just for the covers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Cassara's art is phenomenal here. wow!

I'm getting carefully optimistic. Percy had some moments of greatness. He maybe is boring for ongoing series but mabye he can write an entertaining event?

I think choosing Wolverine as the protagonist to set up a new chapter for Krakoa is so absolutely boring...I feel like we are stuck again in the FOX X-Men universe where only Wolverine, Professor X, and Magneto count as characters...
    As opposed to who, which other singular mutant would have been better suited to set up the next chapter for Krakoa? Would Emma or Jean or Storm or even Mystique/Destiny have been better instead? If this event is a continuation of sorts from HOX/POX then Wolverine is the perfect choice given his connection to Moira. Besides while Logan may have his solo and leads X-force it would be wrong to say that he has been overexposed. He has had no impact in the governing/running of Krakoa, not on the council or a captain, if anything it's almost like he's back to being in his attack dog roll where someone just points him in a direction and tells him to attack. Wolverine absolutely deserves the spotlight in this event, he's more than earned it. I 100% guarantee that it was lives/deaths of Jean, Storm, Emma, Cyclops, Polaris, Rogue or even Magik people would be beyond excited for this event. The only drawback for many is Wolverine is the lead and I guess Percy being the writer would be a distant second. I am looking forward to this event, Logan more than deserves this focus and spotlight that has been denied him in the era of Krakoa.

To me it just feels weird going from an event with alleged implications for the entire nation to a singular character focus, regardless of who it is . Unless the only thing inferno changes is bringing Destiny back , there should be some sort of fallout from the event, but instead the narrative goes to Wolverine's greatest hits ? Feels disjointed imo

Anyway, don't know if Lady Deathstrike and Solem will appear but I hope so . I'd enjoy seeing them and Omega Red

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    This is going to be so epic. A big-time Wolverine event is just what the X-Books need right now. And Ben Percy is the perfect one to write it.

That's an interesting take. Based on what?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    With all that said it will be interesting to see Phalanx version of Wolverine. I thought that was just for the covers
    And straight away my mind goes towards the idea that Moira's "reboot the universe" claim might turn out to be BS and that this is Life 6 Wolverine, who was infected by the Phalanx after they assimilated the Homo Novissima, but refused or was rejected to be absorbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fall-From-Grace View Post
    To me it just feels weird going from an event with alleged implications for the entire nation to a singular character focus, regardless of who it is . Unless the only thing inferno changes is bringing Destiny back , there should be some sort of fallout from the event, but instead the narrative goes to Wolverine's greatest hits ? Feels disjointed imo (...)
    The variant covers galor don't help to reduce the assumption that the whole thing is primarily done around Wolverine to artifical inflate sales for a while to improve numbers when the Disney overlords are peeking in through the door annualy to check if Marvel comics is doing any profit at all, because a certain numbers of buyers seem to get all his comics just by association with the character, rather than any factual value of the stories with him.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    As opposed to who, which other singular mutant would have been better suited to set up the next chapter for Krakoa? Would Emma or Jean or Storm or even Mystique/Destiny have been better instead? If this event is a continuation of sorts from HOX/POX then Wolverine is the perfect choice given his connection to Moira. Besides while Logan may have his solo and leads X-force it would be wrong to say that he has been overexposed. He has had no impact in the governing/running of Krakoa, not on the council or a captain, if anything it's almost like he's back to being in his attack dog roll where someone just points him in a direction and tells him to attack. Wolverine absolutely deserves the spotlight in this event, he's more than earned it. I 100% guarantee that it was lives/deaths of Jean, Storm, Emma, Cyclops, Polaris, Rogue or even Magik people would be beyond excited for this event. The only drawback for many is Wolverine is the lead and I guess Percy being the writer would be a distant second. I am looking forward to this event, Logan more than deserves this focus and spotlight that has been denied him in the era of Krakoa.
    While there were a lot of knee jerk anti-Wolverine reactions the general lack of excitement (on these boards at least) has largely been cemented by the fact that Percy is writing. Idk how you’re denied spotlight with a solo and a leading role in a team book. Also have you seen how much vitriol gets thrown around at other characters and fanbases around here? I don’t think any singular character should be leading a X-event (it’s a team franchise with hundreds of characters) and I think you would have seen knee-jerk reactions regardless of who it was.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 11-19-2021 at 05:43 AM.

Extraordinary Member

There's event fatigue, with the Onslaught story having recently wrapped up and both Trial of Magneto and Inferno still in the middle of their runs. Having yet another event right away seems excessive and pointless. Add to that the fact that it is so focused on one character when it's also supposed to be such a big deal for the entire line, and they have not done a good job of explaining why it's the next step in the Krakoa story, why it needs to be told now, or why it needs to exist in the first place. Whatever their flaws, X of Swords, the Hellfire Gala, and Inferno all had build-ups in the line to them. For all the media hype, in-story this is still coming out of nowhere, and it looks like just another go to the past to save the future Terminator/Days of Future Past rip-off.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Eventhough Wolverine is not my favourite I would have still been interested to see how this plays out if it was any other writer besides Percy (and Howard) Percy absolutely killed my interest for X-Force...no way in hell am I shelling out money for his weekly books.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

Logan more than deserves this focus and spotlight that has been denied him in the era of Krakoa.
    LMAO!!! Logan fans always try to gaslight us with this whole "Logan is ignored and finally he gets a story" route.

The man is the only X-character with a solo book, he is a lead in a team book, and pops up everywhere else too.Yet he's been ignored? Really?

And it's not so much Wolverine that's the problem. It's Percy. Let's see at why:

-Percy is a horribly boring writer. His stories drag on forever and he is beyond cliche.
    -His BIG Colossus storyline that has been teased for so long was a huge pile of crap. Ooh Colossus got possessed and did something bad! Groundbreaking.
    -Female characters are written as useless, given no depth, and get killed so his male characters can feel guilty.
    -Minority characters. To Percy, being a minority means being a straight white man who colors his hair.

If this Wolverine story was written by a writer who isn't boring, who didn't mess up his team book, who writes females well and who also includes minorities, the backlash would be less severe.

This coupled with Jordan White saying all the white male writers decided they like things as they've always been instead of moving forward, well, the future of the X-Men looks dark.

Art looks cool!
    Excited for that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    LMAO!!! Logan fans always try to gaslight us with this whole "Logan is ignored and finally he gets a story" route.

The man is the only X-character with a solo book, he is a lead in a team book, and pops up everywhere else too.Yet he's been ignored? Really?

And it's not so much Wolverine that's the problem. It's Percy. Let's see at why:

-Percy is a horribly boring writer. His stories drag on forever and he is beyond cliche.
    -His BIG Colossus storyline that has been teased for so long was a huge pile of crap. Ooh Colossus got possessed and did something bad! Groundbreaking.
    -Female characters are written as useless, given no depth, and get killed so his male characters can feel guilty.
    -Minority characters. To Percy, being a minority means being a straight white man who colors his hair.

If this Wolverine story was written by a writer who isn't boring, who didn't mess up his team book, who writes females well and who also includes minorities, the backlash would be less severe.

This coupled with Jordan White saying all the white male writers decided they like things as they've always been instead of moving forward, well, the future of the X-Men looks dark.
    Welp it's not like other characters don't have stealth solo comics. Marauders has Emma Frost in pedestal plus the same treatment is given to "new" Captain Britian from Excalibur. They all had MAJOR spolights with events such as XoS and Hellfire Gala.. Emma especially is extremely exposed by not one but two writers that is Hickman and especially Duggan
    It's just that the names aren't mentioned in their title.
    Last edited by Vishop; 11-19-2021 at 06:40 AM.

BANNED

My only downside is the story that Percy has dealing with Logan from his run. Would have been far better if it is was Hickman who wrote this run

Extraordinary Member

They need to give us an idea of the threat Wolverine will be facing. Who is the villain? Why is it a threat to Krakoa or mutantkind? Why does Wolverine have to be alone? As big as he is as an intellectual property, Wolverine is not the sort of character whose presence or absence justifies the threat level of whatever he faces without knowing what it is beforehand. Death of Doctor Strange could get away with not revealing anything about its world-ending villain or threat beforehand because we know how powerful and important the sorcerer supreme is, what it would take to bring him down, and what sort of chaos could erupt in his absence. With DC as well, Batman is their biggest hero, but they have to work extra hard to justify a story where Batman has such an impact on the whole world outside of Gotham whereas with Superman it's obvious from the nature of the character. If they put in the work they can justify their own hype and silence many of the naysayers, and so far they haven't done that. They've only said it's big without demonstrating or justifying that.
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 11-19-2021 at 06:40 AM.