Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Hickman turned in his final X-Men draft on Monday and says it feels like he has PTSD as it was very intense to write, manage, design, do layouts, consult, be head of x, and all that these past couple years. He was tweaking issues up until the minute they went to press.

good luck percy!!

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    Hickman turned in his final X-Men draft on Monday and says it feels like he has PTSD as it was very intense to write, manage, design, do layouts, consult, be head of x, and all that these past couple years. He was tweaking issues up until the minute they went to press.

good luck percy!!
    Xplain please. Hickman is still writing xmen drafts? Even recently?

Extraordinary Member

I'd like to collect whales. Unfortunately I don't own any Klingon Birds of Prey and even a single whale is bigger than my house.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I don't even care about the context why the hell is Wolverine wearing a Cerebro unit. Like I'm sure there's an in story reason but my God the forced narratives around him are eye rolling inducing.

Let guess some force is too powerful for Jean or Xavier together to face but Wolverine's healing factor protects him?

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    If it was Duggan writing this with Emma or Jean as the lead or Ewing writing Storm as the lead would so many people have a problem with this upcoming event? Some can claim that it should not be about one singular character as the focus, but if that one character is their fave then it's a non-issue. And while Wolverine is the lead character this is clearly an X-men event, but some just refuse to accept that. I also predict that this will be a big seller for marvel and the x-line, just as Wolverine's solo is one of the highest selling ongoing x-books, usually only behind X-men itself.
    We get it Wolverine is popular, that does not mean fans outside of his own are going to be excited about yet another event where Wolverine is the focus and the X-men are secondary!
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 11-20-2021 at 11:13 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I don't even care about the context why the hell is Wolverine wearing a Cerebro unit. Like I'm sure there's an in story reason but my God the forced narratives around him are eye rolling inducing.

Let guess some force is too powerful for Jean or Xavier together to face but Wolverine's healing factor protects him?
    It looks like it's pulling the Days of Future Past 'send his mind back in time to his younger body' schtick and since Wolverine is so old he can go back farther than most other people with that specific method. Cerebro is probably how they do that

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

good luck percy!!
    Man, I really feel for him.

A man with that much vision should never be limited by mediocrity.

I cannot wait for his Substack stuff

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post

We get it Wolverine is popular, that does not mean fans outside of his own are going to be excited about yet another event where Wolverine is the focus and the X-men are secondary!
    Welp other characters like Jean, Emma and Captain Britain got own stealth solo runs and events.People weren't too much critical about that. No one asked to for people to be excited about it.Plus I don't think X-Men events had focus related issues. Sure Wolverine has his own events but they are pretty much self-contained and mostly about him. Aside from AvX or Age of Ultron but that's ten years ago

If it was Duggan writing this with Emma or Jean as the lead or Ewing writing Storm as the lead would so many people have a problem with this upcoming event? Some can claim that it should not be about one singular character as the focus, but if that one character is their fave then it's a non-issue. And while Wolverine is the lead character this is clearly an X-men event, but some just refuse to accept that. I also predict that this will be a big seller for marvel and the x-line, just as Wolverine's solo is one of the highest selling ongoing x-books, usually only behind X-men itself.
    Do you see how many people complain about Marauders because it's the Emma show?

Idk what about all the solicitations and covers only talking about Wolverine makes you think "it's clearly an X-Men event."

It's really fine that you're excited for this as a Wolvie fan, but it's not fair to make any and all detractors seem unreasonable.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Good grief. Writers/Directors getting screwed over is, has always been and will always be part of the game, but Hickman having to basically rewrite Inferno just to accommodate the folks who stabbed him in the back just feels sooo wrong, lol. Oh well.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

No, because they are better writers than Percy.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Good grief. Writers/Directors getting screwed over is, has always been and will always be part of the game, but Hickman having to basically rewrite Inferno just to accommodate the folks who stabbed him in the back just feels sooo wrong, lol. Oh well.
    On the bright side, when the X-men need an inevitable soft reboot 10 or 15 years from now due to many years in mediocrity or outright bad stories filled with editorial interference and second rate writers, maybe Hickman will be invited back.
    Last edited by Omega Alpha; 11-21-2021 at 05:59 PM.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    On the bright side, when the X-men need an inevitable soft reboot 10 or 15 years from now due to many years in mediocrity or outright bad stories filled with editorial interference and second rate writers, maybe Hickman will be invited back.
    You really think it'll take that long? Most of the HoX/PoX goodwill is gone, the delays aren't helping anything and there's no Bendis/Hickman to keep the franchise on life support. No one's expecting LoW/DoW to flop on release, but maybe now's not the best time to release a "fridge/save everyone, I AM DA CHOSEN ONE" fanfic? The quest standing on the edge of a knife and all that.

BANNED

A stealth solo book for a team book doesnt make you a good writer.

Astonishing Member

After X-M:G i'm not really sure that can be claimed about Duggan anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    This whole interview is Percy trying too hard. He's said basically all of the buzz words & excessive hype quotes I can think of. He obviously loves Logan and really wants us all to love him just as much
    I'm scared.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    After X-M:G i'm not really sure that can be claimed about Duggan anymore.
    To be fair his current X-Men run is better than any Percy related X-Book.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    To be fair his current X-Men run is better than any Percy related X-Book.
    Arguably yes, one can see it that way. Though after that storyline, one has to dread when he drops another such ... mess into another one of his works or upcomming stories. So they are in equaly low standing in my opinion now, though for different reasons.