Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Pssh by that logic the first 10 issues of X-Force is better than anything that Duggan has done.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Pssh by that logic the first 10 issues of X-Force is better than anything that Duggan has done.
    X-Force is like a beautifully decorated "cake" that is revelaed to be comprised of straight shit when you cut into it.

It's bad.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    X-Force is like a beautifully decorated "cake" that is revelaed to be comprised of straight shit when you cut into it.

It's bad.
    Same could turn out to be true for Duggan's X-Men. Percy has 25 issue's under his belt, Duggan has 4. Wolverine is leaps better than X-Men: Green as well. Kind of unbalanced equation honestly. I agree with Vishop though, if we go issue for issue the first 4 X-Force issues were better than X-Men. Both series started off great, but I'd give the nod to Percy.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Same could turn out to be true for Duggan's X-Men. Percy has 25 issue's under his belt, Duggan has 4. Wolverine is leaps better than X-Men: Green as well. Kind of unbalanced equation honestly. I agree with Vishop though, if we go issue for issue the first 4 X-Force issues were better than X-Men. Both series started off great, but I'd give the nod to Percy.
    Keyword being could, but I give him the BotD based off of the first 4.

I've enjoyed X-Men's first 4 more than any issue of X-Force. Although from issue 1 I was turned off of X-Force. Too on the nose and try hard with Charles getting shot.

Not suprising that you think his solo is better than Green. Pretty much everything is better than green(accept X-Force :troll because it's basically a meme book at this point.

We're on opposite ends of the spectrum, but we'll see with X-Men #10.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    You really think it'll take that long? Most of the HoX/PoX goodwill is gone, the delays aren't helping anything and there's no Bendis/Hickman to keep the franchise on life support. No one's expecting LoW/DoW to flop on release, but maybe now's not the best time to release a "fridge/save everyone, I AM DA CHOSEN ONE" fanfic? The quest standing on the edge of a knife and all that.
    Oh, they'll need one much earlier, but the X-men needed Hickman and Morrison to take over many years before they actually did.

BANNED

Why do you all call it 'X-Men Green"?

Extraordinary Member

Have to agree, not to mention how little plot we've gotten in the 4 issue.They all read like standalone issues so far, and if Duggan's Green is any indication then he can't write a good plot.Marauders was mid as well.

Duggan's best work has been fanservice, not his story.X-men 4 was Jean fanservice, a lot of marauders was Emma(and Kate) fanservice.He's kept story to a minimum so far, and if Green is anything to go by then for good reason.

Also the amazing art is a massive advantage for Duggan's X-men, its' drop dead gorgeous.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Have to agree, not to mention how little plot we've gotten in the 4 issue.They all read like standalone issues so far, and if Duggan's Green is any indication then he can't write a good plot.Marauders was mid as well.

Duggan's best work has been fanservice, not his story.X-men 4 was Jean fanservice, a lot of marauders was Emma(and Kate) fanservice.He's kept story to a minimum so far, and if Green is anything to go by then for good reason.

Also the amazing art is a massive advantage for Duggan's X-men, its' drop dead gorgeous.
    Quoted for truth, the only overarching story so far is Ben investigating Cyclops ..other than that it's fan service.There's nothing going on, Laura and Synch drama notwithstanding.

Astonishing Member

You really think it'll take that long? Most of the HoX/PoX goodwill is gone, the delays aren't helping anything and there's no Bendis/Hickman to keep the franchise on life support. No one's expecting LoW/DoW to flop on release, but maybe now's not the best time to release a "fridge/save everyone, I AM DA CHOSEN ONE" fanfic? The quest standing on the edge of a knife and all that.
    Depending on how Inferno ends, maybe Hickman can come back 2-3 years from now and wrap up life 10 leaving life 11 open ended as a reboot too?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Depending on how Inferno ends, maybe Hickman can come back 2-3 years from now and wrap up life 10 leaving life 11 open ended as a reboot too?
    If she can reboot a universe at all. From the very start i had serious doubts that the whole thing is actualy true (by Hickman's design) and LoW/DoW might actualy go and confirm that.

Though the idea of all the things i dislike about the current story, characterization of the X-men, retcons, maybe even all the bad things from the past 15 years and so on being erased and replaced with a new finaly more reasonable status quo is tempting, i admit.

Quoted for truth, the only overarching story so far is Ben investigating Cyclops ..other than that it's fan service.There's nothing going on, Laura and Synch drama notwithstanding.
    There's Cordycep Jones and the game world arc that has been ever present. We even saw HE there before he wrecked the team on Earth.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

The point was rather, *why would he want to*? Best case scenario, Editorial and his proteges pretty much went "we love what you've done so much we're talking it in a totally different direction, oh, and you'll have to pimp/proofread a story you shut down two years ago". Short of his solo gig tanking big time, I just can't think of any particular reason why he'd be in any hurry to fix/revisit any of it so soon.

There's Cordycep Jones and the game world arc that has been ever present. We even saw HE there before he wrecked the team on Earth.
    You both made Pissed Off Mars Dude super sad.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 11-22-2021 at 10:26 PM.

The point was rather, *why would he want to*? Best case scenario, Editorial and his proteges pretty much went "we love what you've done so much we're talking it in a totally different direction, oh, and you'll have to pimp/proofread a story you shut down two years ago". Short of his solo gig tanking big time, I just can't think of any particular reason why he'd be in any hurry to fix/revisit any of it so soon.

You both made Pissed Off Mars Dude super sad.
    Dr. Stasis is another one, good point.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Dr. Stasis is another one, good point.
    I meant Kelvin Heng/Feilong.

I didn't mention Dr. Stasis due to his involvement in the Ben Urich Investigation subplot.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think what we've seen so far qualifies as an arc.He's introduced them and given us a very base motivations but there has been nothing of note.

They read like what would be MCU post credit scenes.