Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    She isn't awake. Lorna is is controlling the metal in her bones/using her as a weapon.
    Cool for Lorna, feels bad for Laura .
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    The addition of the glasses makes the new Polaris costume look too much like Abigail Brand.
    Maybe that's why Brand cut her hair.
    I see Marvel is already getting people pumped for that X-Men '97 cartoon with a classic Jean Gray passed out on the ground moment. Iconic.
    Now with added exposed thighs!

Interesting if it's consensual. Last time someone used Laura as a weapon it wasn't nice. Looking forward to this issue, high hopes for Lorna's spotlight.
    Also I hope Duggan didn't forget that Laura doesn't have adamantium bones.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    But she dosent have metal in her bones only her claws ?
    But she has iron in her blood so she can do it. Think of it as blood bending.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    That still wouldn't impact her ability to move her around much.
    As far as i see it, it would impact that ability a lot.

Take a stringless marionette, stick a needle in each hand and each feet, attach strings to these needles, now try to move the marionette. The arms, legs and body will keep flopping around wildly because all you can move are the tips of the hands and feet.

Or for a more empirical example, put yourself on the floor, let all your limbs hang lose and the an ask a family member or friend to lift your body up by just the hands. They would not be able to prop your upper body up, without moving your hands above your head and only by pulling them up while your bodies weight is pulling on your arms.

If someone only has control of moving Laura's blades, she would move as "gracefull" and coordinated as Octodad.

Even if we take these metal rods sticking out of her body as additional points from which Lorna could manipulate her body, they would sooner get pulled out than being able to hold the body up or let it stand.

And that's if we ignore just how flimsy the blades of the Wolverine family members are attached to their bodies, since without dedicated sheathing mechanisms like what Wolverine had in the past, they would be merely held in place by muscles, with Logan's and Laura's the "cut everything" adamantium blades resting roughly in a layer of them.

The moment someone moves the blades independent of their arms, they would just cut through everything inside and fly out of the arms, unless they are somehow attached to the arm bones, which if i recall right is not the case for Laura who never got internal mechanisms for the blades like Logan did (and he doesn't seem to have anymore either).

Actualy why would Lorna need to move Laura's whole body when all she can get from her for the fight anyway are just the blades which she could just remove and give Laura back afterwards?

Overall. I have the feeling this certainly won't remove the feeling some readers have that Duggan is incapable of writing Laura as anything but Wolverine in female, rather than the different person she has been established as in the past.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Damn they took the team right out. Lorna unleashed please!
    And look at Laura getting up like a champ.
    Awesome Lorna is perfection!!!
    I am SCREAMING from now 'til next Wednesday...out of sheer excitement (but also to drown out the "noise")
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

If someone only has control of moving Laura's blades, she would move as "gracefull" and coordinated as Octodad.
    My point was Lorna has thrown people around without any direct metal on them other then their blood and outfit. Perhaps by surrounding them in an electromagnetic field. Perhaps by using the existing metal in their blood. Its often not fully clear exactly the mechanism.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Cool for Lorna, feels bad for Laura .
    Yeah, it feels like Lorna is gonna use her body as a weapon? Kinda of an odd choice, but I guess it's cause they don't take death seriously? This scene left me with questions. I guess it makes more sense that Lorna is "waking" her up using her powers, and then Laura does her own thing?

It’s always an interesting read when the X-Men underestimate their foes and then eventually rely on teamwork to counter them.

Polaris about to act a fool. Nice.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Yeah, it feels like Lorna is gonna use her body as a weapon? Kinda of an odd choice, but I guess it's cause they don't take death seriously? This scene left me with questions. I guess it makes more sense that Lorna is "waking" her up using her powers, and then Laura does her own thing?
    i think its worse when you realize she has a few of those x gene tranqs in her, so if lorna start throwing her around it will actually do some damage that wont just heal. might as well be throwing scott or rogue around at that point.

It seems Duggan is already celebrating the comeback of the 90s show with Jean. I wonder if she tripped on nothing again.

The Red Dragon

These 90s animated Jean remarks are so played out now.

Are we going to ignore the rest of the team including Synch, Cyclops, Laura etc knocked out?

How did Laura’s healing factor not wake her?

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post

Are we going to ignore the rest of the team including Synch, Cyclops, Laura etc knocked out?

Apparently they are messing with their x-genes.

Lorna staring intently at… the fallen coffee cup.

i think its worse when you realize she has a few of those x gene tranqs in her, so if lorna start throwing her around it will actually do some damage that wont just heal. might as well be throwing scott or rogue around at that point.
    I actually think Lorna trying to do good in a perhaps an ugly way works for the character. It might create some interesting issues with Jean. It’s too bad they couldn’t have interacted more in the early 00s.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post

In my head Lorna knows Laura will wake up soon thanks to her healing factor so she's jumpstarting her.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!