Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Amazing Spider-man 79 Preview

https://comic-watch.com/news/sneak-p...-spider-man-79

How is the writing in these few pages, Not familar with Cody athough I read he did the MCU She-Hulk

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    https://comic-watch.com/news/sneak-p...-spider-man-79

How is the writing in these few pages, Not familar with Cody athough I read he did the MCU She-Hulk
    Strong Wells' vibes from Ziglar. I guess he really took him under his wing.
    Also, MJ seems to have softened her stance about Ben

I'm worried about Ben here.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    More than last issue? We already know that Beyond doesn't have Ben's (or Peter for that matter) best interests in mind and they're basically an evil corporation. I wonder who's the other guy.

Writing DEFINITELY feels more in line with 75 and 76, which is very appreciated imo because while I personally like Thompson's writing, it did feel weaker than Wells'. Art is great as well too! This honestly seems like an improvement so far just based on the preview, but we can't get too carried away I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You think disabling the tracking system is gonna bite him in the ass when he deals with Kraven too? Lol I feel like Ben's gonna be on his own for this one

Art looks pretty... stiff? Probably went a bit overboard with the tracing.

Nice to see MJ chilling out about Ben.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Art looks pretty... stiff? Probably went a bit overboard with the tracing.

Nice to see MJ chilling out about Ben.
    I'm pretty sure that's poser. Same thing happened when this guy was in Black Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    More than last issue? We already know that Beyond doesn't have Ben's (or Peter for that matter) best interests in mind and they're basically an evil corporation. I wonder who's the other guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Writing DEFINITELY feels more in line with 75 and 76, which is very appreciated imo because while I personally like Thompson's writing, it did feel weaker than Wells'. Art is great as well too! This honestly seems like an improvement so far just based on the preview, but we can't get too carried away I suppose.

You think disabling the tracking system is gonna bite him in the ass when he deals with Kraven too? Lol I feel like Ben's gonna be on his own for this one
    It just feels like this Beyond thing is continually building up to it blowing up in his face and he's going to keep getting beat up both physically and emotionally.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Yeah, agreed. I don't know the first thing about Ziglar's writing but at least from these pages it sounds like he's not trying to show off more than the actual characters in the book. The art gets a bit stiff here and there but overall it's pretty solid.
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I did like that Ben was more willing to stand up for himself and that he and Mary Jane were able to get along somewhat despite her earlier apprehension about him coming back into her and Peter's lives. Looking forward to seeing how the rest of the issue goes when it comes out.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Whoa hey! I’m impressed! Ben written competently, even cunning, and best of all being snarky towards Beyond. Ben and MJ being cool with each other. Beautiful art (I didn’t find it stiff at all). The Thompson 2-parter had really lowered my expectations, especially as I had never heard of this writer. Now I’m hyped again. Both the writing and art seem on par with Wells/Gleason. If this Cody guy (I should really learn how to spell his last name) can stick the landing, then I’ll be a fan of his moving forward for sure.

It’s really touching how much Ben cares about Peter too (even if it reminds me of the whole ‘Peter in hospital before getting his powers back’ issues during the clone saga).
    Last edited by HypnoHustler; 11-18-2021 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Whoa hey! I’m impressed! Ben written competently, even cunning, and best of all being snarky towards Beyond. Ben and MJ being cool with each other. Beautiful art (I didn’t find it stiff at all). The Thompson 2-parter had really lowered my expectations, especially as I had never heard of this writer. Now I’m hyped again. Both the writing and art seem on par with Wells/Gleason. If this Cody guy (I should really learn how to spell his last name) can stick the landing, then I’ll be a fan of his moving forward for sure.

It’s really touching how much Ben cares about Peter too (even if it reminds me of the whole ‘Peter in hospital before getting his powers back’ issues during the clone saga).
    Ziglar, I believe his last name is.

Extraordinary Member

YES! All in baby this looks so f*cking good.When Ben stood up for himself(and roasted Beyond) I was happy enough, the fact he went ahead and actually did it is just... YES!
    MJ seems tired, that and the initial shock has worn out and Zeb always did write her weirdly.

Also I'm guessing Ben's going to open up to Peter now.Still no clue how this fits in w/ kraven at the theater, maybe he doesn't attack their and is just stalking his prey?

Also the art is great

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    YES! All in baby this looks so f*cking good.When Ben stood up for himself(and roasted Beyond) I was happy enough, the fact he went ahead and actually did it is just... YES!
    MJ seems tired, that and the initial shock has worn out and Zeb always did write her weirdly.

Also I'm guessing Ben's going to open up to Peter now.Still no clue how this fits in w/ kraven at the theater, maybe he doesn't attack their and is just stalking his prey?

Also the art is great
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to what Ben has to say to Peter in this issue, even if Peter isn't technically conscious to hear him. As for Kraven, that's what the rest of the issue is for, I think. It's at least a two-part installment, so . . .

BANNED

Finally getting back on track! The Morbius 2 parter frankly was not good. I question the decision making process between launching Ben as Spidey then not moving his character forward at all. When Beyond and the 3x monthly were announced as we were told it's because the story needed serious momentum. The last 3 issues with Beyond branding have not demonstrated that need and in fact tanked the momentum of the story. I can't for life of me understand who thought it was a good idea burn 2 issues running in place and not advancing the story of Ben, Peter or basically any character we care about. I get the Daughters are someone's pet characters but maybe do anything to make readers want to see them get more focus before y'know, giving them the majority of it.

But this? Finally. Ben and MJ acting like they know each other? Ben going rogue and not just lapping up Beyond's bullshit. Checking in on Peter? And alright art?! Why wasn't this part 2?!!?
    Last edited by MisterC; 11-19-2021 at 04:02 PM.