Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by MisterC View Post
    They must have awful deadlines due to Spencer dipping out because you can see how unplanned this arc is. To debut with the new suit and Beyond tech allowing Ben to get the jump on Pete and then take down the U Foes (frustratingly off panel) and then have Ben and the suit prove basically useless against Morbius, Kraven, and the Daughters of the Dragon, all opponents way less dangerous than the U Foes is a choice I don't understand.
    Ben's already getting the 2nd Rider treatment like it's a Kamen Rider show and he's supposed to be the main character.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MisterC View Post
    They must have awful deadlines due to Spencer dipping out because you can see how unplanned this arc is. To debut with the new suit and Beyond tech allowing Ben to get the jump on Pete and then take down the U Foes (frustratingly off panel) and then have Ben and the suit prove basically useless against Morbius, Kraven, and the Daughters of the Dragon, all opponents way less dangerous than the U Foes is a choice I don't understand.
    I think that's deliberate, to call attention to the fight against the U-Foes. Why was Beyond so on top of that fight, with the perfect tech at the perfect time, but they are so far behind the curve on these other villains? Probably because they were also behind the U-Foes attacking in the first place, and thus knew precisely what Ben would need. The comic hasn't gone that far yet, but it's almost certainly not a coincidence that Beyond was ready for the U-Foes and haven't been for any of this other stuff.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I think that's deliberate, to call attention to the fight against the U-Foes. Why was Beyond so on top of that fight, with the perfect tech at the perfect time, but they are so far behind the curve on these other villains? Probably because they were also behind the U-Foes attacking in the first place, and thus knew precisely what Ben would need. The comic hasn't gone that far yet, but it's almost certainly not a coincidence that Beyond was ready for the U-Foes and haven't been for any of this other stuff.
    Makes sense and adds up.Still doesn't explain the spinneret stuff tbf and we know beyond has massive powers that make all these threat fodder so unless they want Ben to fight himself for a reason which is plausible.