Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Default CMON Games Doing Marvel Zombies board game?

For their 50th board game CMON is partnering with Spinmaster (who they worked with to do Marvel United and X-Men United) on a Marvel board game, which is now almost certainly a Marvel version of their Zombicide franchise with the Marvel Zombies. This is the crazy big Galactus figure (which has the tiny Silver Surfer mini below him) so I dread to think how expensive this will be! XD Galactus appears to be zombified as well.

Going by Galactus and Silver Surfer's involvement I assume this will be heavily inspired by the original Marvel Zombies comics, so I could speculate we'll see modes for survivors vs zombies, zombies vs zombies and zombies vs Galactus. Maybe even a Army of Darkness crossover with Ash Williams? Zombicide campaigns with CMON always appear to be crazy in content so I would expect a LOT of additions.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post

For their 50th board game CMON is partnering with Spinmaster (who they worked with to do Marvel United and X-Men United) on a Marvel board game, which is now almost certainly a Marvel version of their Zombicide franchise with the Marvel Zombies. This is the crazy big Galactus figure (which has the tiny Silver Surfer mini below him) so I dread to think how expensive this will be! XD Galactus appears to be zombified as well.

Going by Galactus and Silver Surfer's involvement I assume this will be heavily inspired by the original Marvel Zombies comics, so I could speculate we'll see modes for survivors vs zombies, zombies vs zombies and zombies vs Galactus. Maybe even a Army of Darkness crossover with Ash Williams? Zombicide campaigns with CMON always appear to be crazy in content so I would expect a LOT of additions.
    Glad you posted this as I had not heard of it before.

Look at tiny Surfer, lol.

When will this be available?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Glad you posted this as I had not heard of it before.

Look at tiny Surfer, lol.

When will this be available?
    Apparently sometime early in 2022. I am dreading the very possible likelihood of Knights Models doing Batman: Escape From Arkham at the same time, which also looks crazy expensive. I'm currently debating if to cancel my pledge for the Skyrim game over on Gamefound so I can manage to get both of these...

Also Dice Tower just unboxed a non zombie Galactus on their channel, which suggests that we'll get both normal and zombified versions of characters in the game.

Apparently sometime early in 2022. I am dreading the very possible likelihood of Knights Models doing Batman: Escape From Arkham at the same time, which also looks crazy expensive. I'm currently debating if to cancel my pledge for the Skyrim game over on Gamefound so I can manage to get both of these...

Also Dice Tower just unboxed a non zombie Galactus on their channel, which suggests that we'll get both normal and zombified versions of characters in the game.
    Thanks!

I hope this will not be too expensive.

I also never heard about the Marvel X-Men United game. Have you heard of it or played that one?

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Thanks!

I hope this will not be too expensive.

I also never heard about the Marvel X-Men United game. Have you heard of it or played that one?
    It's basically a X-Men version of Marvel United, which is a board game with chibified minis of Marvel Heroes for one to four players who have to combine their abilities via small decks to defeat a single villain (controlled by the game itself in most cases). Both were done as Kickstarter campaigns though some of it should be out at retail. X-Men was the second season of the game and adds Vigilantes (who are playable as either heroes or villains), team vs team mechanics via the Blue and Gold expansion (trying to outdo the other team) and having a player as the villain. Each villain has different rules and mechanics and objectives they're aiming for, and there were special campaign boxes in the Kickstarter for Thanos, the Sinister Six, Apocalypse and the Sentinels.

It's basically a X-Men version of Marvel United, which is a board game with chibified minis of Marvel Heroes for one to four players who have to combine their abilities via small decks to defeat a single villain (controlled by the game itself in most cases). Both were done as Kickstarter campaigns though some of it should be out at retail. X-Men was the second season of the game and adds Vigilantes (who are playable as either heroes or villains), team vs team mechanics via the Blue and Gold expansion (trying to outdo the other team) and having a player as the villain. Each villain has different rules and mechanics and objectives they're aiming for, and there were special campaign boxes in the Kickstarter for Thanos, the Sinister Six, Apocalypse and the Sentinels.
    Thank you so much for the info!

Thought this was an excellent video on the possible things we could see in Marvel Zombicide (as I suspect it will be called). Guess we'll get more in-depth information tomorrow.

Initial details revealed (via a first look)
    - The game is based on the core mechanics of Zombicide, however it will have aspects which reflect the nature of the Marvel Universe.
    - The big twist is that unlike other Zombicide games you are playing AS the Zombies, dealing with balancing your intellect and hunger as you seek out flesh. Go too long in battle without feeding and your character's mind momentarily snaps, making them a danger to all sides as you lose control.
    - HOWEVER the developers did mention at the end without elaborating that there might be an option to play as the surviving heroes, so it looks like there's two modes of play, no indication if playing as the uninfected will be part of another expansion or not.
    - Missions will involve locating bystanders and eating them, all of which will be recognized supporting characters and less powerful heroes in Marvel. You will also have to contend with hordes of SHIELD Agents and your biggest challenge, uninfected heroes.
    - The core game is set entirely around New York and will features nine double map tiles for locations including Avengers Tower, the Sanctum Sanatorium, OSCORP and the Wakandan Embassy.
    - Six Zombified Heroes in the core box - Colonel America, Iron Man, Captain Marvel, Deadpool, Hulk and Wasp.
    - Six Uninfected Heroes in the core box - Spider-Man, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Scarlet Witch, Ms Marvel and Thor.
    - Eight Bystanders in the core box - Okeye, J Jonah Jameson, Mary Jane Watson, Pepper Potts and Sharon Carter, plus three more I can't figure out from the video (Aunt May was mentioned in the first look though).
    - Galactus and Silver Surfer are part of a Day One Expansion called 'Galactus the Devourer', which will see Galactus arrive on Earth and cause MASSIVE problems for all parties. Silver Surfer comes in both a normal and zombified version, as does Galactus (though it's just a swap of his head and right arm). His board is representing his planet consuming machine and can be played on. No price mentioned for anything yet. XD
    - No specific date given for the Kickstarter though clearly sometime in the first half of 2022.

Very excited for this. Hoping there's a lot more characters!

Very excited for this. Hoping there's a lot more characters!
    I mean it’s CMON, have they even had a kickstarter where they didn’t announce a good 2-3 times as many figures for the game during the kickstarter as they did on launch day?

Alongside the start of the campaign date - January 18th - CMON has revealed a counterpart hero mode for Marvel Zombies in the X-Men Resistance box, which will allow you to play as surviving heroes battling regular and super powered zombies in the Xavier Mansion, rescuing bystanders instead of eating them. Heroes include Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Colossus, Magneto and Mystique whilst the super zombies in this box are Cyclops, Psylocke, Dark Phoenix, Iceman, Juggernaut and Sabretooth. Both boxes include components to mix them up, allowing you to play as the heroes in the core box or the zombies in the X-Men box as you like. They actually used the floor plans from old comics of the mansion to create the tiles.
    Last edited by Derek Metaltron; 01-07-2022 at 01:58 PM.

Alongside the start of the campaign date - January 18th - CMON has revealed a counterpart hero mode for Marvel Zombies in the X-Men Resistance box, which will allow you to play as surviving heroes battling regular and super powered zombies in the Xavier Mansion, rescuing bystanders instead of eating them. Heroes include Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Colossus, Magneto and Mystique whilst the super zombies in this box are Cyclops, Psylocke, Dark Phoenix, Iceman, Juggernaut and Sabretooth. Both boxes include components to mix them up, allowing you to play as the heroes in the core box or the zombies in the X-Men box as you like. They actually used the floor plans from old comics of the mansion to create the tiles.
    That was fun to watch!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...bies-zombicide

Campaign is now been live for three hours - Galactus alone is $180, yikes. The campaign has unlocked some nice stretch goals so far including:

- Hero Iron Man
    - Hero Wasp
    - 'Hero' Sabretooth
    - Zombie Ms Marvel
    - Zombie Rogue
    - Zombie Wolverine
    - Hero Luke Cage
    - Zombie Luke Cage
    - Hero Beast

With Zombie Beast currently being worked towards.

Fantastic Four: Under Siege Expansion has been revealed which recreates the attempt to escape the Marvel Zombies Universe with the Fantastic Four vs zombified versions of Namor, Black Bolt (who has his wife Medusa’s zombified head as a weapon) Super Skrull and Doctor Doom, plus Alica Masters and Agatha Harkness as Bystanders and a special Gauntlet campaign through all of the Baxter Building in either Zombie or Hero Mode. It will be coming to retail but the Kickstarter edition will include extra characters with an uninfected Super Skrull and zombified versions of Mister Fantastic, Invisible Woman and The Thing.

In sadder news the latest livestream confirmed that Marvel has prevented CMON from including Zombie Spider-Man for unknown reasons.

So there's the base set, the X-men version, the Galactus expansion, the Fantastic Four set, and the Guardians of the Galaxy expansion, plus a whole host of Kickstarter-exclusive figures for a total of $500 to get everything, and if you don't pay for all of it upfront you will never be able to get more than half of the stuff.

I'm interested and it looks fun but I really don't think I can spare that much money when most of it is just a bunch of plastic and I can't get it piecemeal over time without losing out on most of it.

I really do hate the way that CMON does Kickstarter exclusives

And now there's a Hydra expansion for an extra $50