Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Well, I don't think we'll be seeing Thrawn manhandle Droids like that one scene in Rebels .

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

From Baylan's conversation with Shin, he plans on establishing a brand new Jedi order in a new galaxy on the ancestral home of the night sisters. If that's the plan I can't imagine he will want to kill Ezra. His new order will need initiates.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    From Baylan's conversation with Shin, he plans on establishing a brand new Jedi order in a new galaxy on the ancestral home of the night sisters. If that's the plan I can't imagine he will want to kill Ezra. His new order will need initiates.
    You'd think the ancestral home of the Night Sisters would be seeped in the Dark Side, though.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    From Baylan's conversation with Shin, he plans on establishing a brand new Jedi order in a new galaxy on the ancestral home of the night sisters. If
    He never said that. All he said is that he wants to end the cycle of violence and upheaval, and that he needs to find 'the source' to do that.

I get the sense that he's anti-Force. And wants to end all of it. Jedi, Sith, witches, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    He never said that. All he said is that he wants to end the cycle of violence and upheaval, and that he needs to find 'the source' to do that.

I get the sense that he's anti-Force. And wants to end all of it. Jedi, Sith, witches, whatever.
    This is what I'm thinking too. He's not some benevolent character who's really working towards the greater good. He's a madman that wants to basically wipe out not just a fundamental force in the universe, but also likely kill anyone connected to it (which is kinda everyone.)

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought that was just the OST and not the troopers actually chanting his name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    According to the CC they are actually chanting, but it also says that the ones doing so are "Night Troopers," so they are probably Storm Troopers that died during the last 10 years that have been reanimated by the Night Sisters. Among them you can spot those whose repaired armor includes Night Sister wrappings. They were likely programmed by the Night sisters to revere him.

The CC also refers to the language spoken by the turtle crabs and the bandits as the Notti language, so the Bandits do seem to be an indigenous species with similar language.
    Yeah I wasn't sure myself whether they were chanting or if it was the soundtrack at the time, but I read that it was after the fact. Either way, pretty strange - though I am intrigued by the idea of Night Troopers.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Baylan sounded a bit Jorus C'Boath-ey to me.

Maybe we'll get Baaylan in the HttE movie.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 09-20-2023 at 08:36 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Sabine is an idiot. Did she think she could rescue Ezra? Was she that naive to think Baylan, Thawne and or the Witch would let them go? So basically, she enabled Thawne's return to wreck havoc and kill untold thousands or millions just to see Ezra. And turns out she could have ended their plan and just hitched a ride with Ahsoka on the whale. Stupid, stupid girl. How will Ezra feel when he finds out her actions undo his sacrifice.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Sabine is an idiot. Did she think she could rescue Ezra? Was she that naive to think Baylan, Thawne and or the Witch would let them go? So basically, she enabled Thawne's return to wreck havoc and kill untold thousands or millions just to see Ezra. And turns out she could have ended their plan and just hitched a ride with Ahsoka on the whale. Stupid, stupid girl. How will Ezra feel when he finds out her actions undo his sacrifice.
    Well she didn't know about the whole ride, so can't really hold that against her. Also she was acting emotionally so while it was a stupid decision, it's also understandable. No body makes perfect, logical decisions all the time. Sometimes viewers forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Well she didn't know about the whole ride, so can't really hold that against her. Also she was acting emotionally so while it was a stupid decision, it's also understandable. No body makes perfect, logical decisions all the time. Sometimes viewers forget that.
    Hey we've all had "I'll cross that bridge when I come to it" situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I just love how she immediately tries to deflect from telling Ezra how badly she screwed up in trying to find him .

Sabine should definitely lead with, "We defeated the Empire! So... we're good there...and Hera had Kanan's kid! So that's great...!"

I don't believe Sabine's actions negate Ezra's sacrifice because no matter what Thrawn wasn't there after the Battle of Endor to fill the power vacuum left when the Emperor and Vader died if he had been there is a good chance the New Republic would have failed before it even started.

Speaking of which Baylon's comments on the Rise and Fall of governments and the fact we know the New Republic will fall makes me feel like Mon Mothma is kind of a shit leader. If it had been Leia as Chancellor granted the passing of Carrie Fisher prevents this but if her since she was born and raised under the Empire, I could excuse her in this position seeing she had no direct contact with the Old Republic and was raised on stories that were told through rose tinted glasses. But Mothma was there she knows of the failures of the Old Republic and saw them 1st hand and seeing them repeat in the New Republic and failing to act makes her a poor leader IMO.

Also, for all the hoopla in the Last Jedi about not having to be a "somebody" to be important or a Jedi this show is a much better representation of that. The Old Jedi Order was full of nobodies, but they all had strong connections to the Force like Rey. Sabine being someone who has a weak connection to the Force and would have likely not been admitted to the Order and if was she definitely would not have been a Jedi Knight and rather assigned to another part of the Order. So, she is a better version of the "nobody" being a Jedi IMO.

Should add I actually liked Rey but just wanted to point out that observation.

Niffleheim

Saw Gerrera already said that Mon Mothma was a shit leader.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Mon held the Rebellion together but running a government is really hard.

Although ironically when there was a chance Leia might get the chancellorship, her birth father got outed and basically screwed over her entire political career.