Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

It would be nice if they brought up Padme.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Thrawn is utterly devoted to the Chiss. He would 100% not be cool with being anyplace he couldn't defend his people.
    Yeah, the Imperial Remnants think Thrawn is their last hope but only a select few knew Thrawn was just using the Empire to benefit the Chiss and most of those who knew got shipped off to the Ascendancy.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Whacky thought - any chance they'll sneak in Portman and give us some kind of Padme appearance? Now that we can jump all over time and space, anything's possible, right? They keep bringing Anakin back to encounter important people in his life...

(or maybe they'll let Padme meet young Leia and give her that memory of her mother she mentioned in "Return of the Jedi...?")

Now I can't help but think of these Youtube deepfake sketches:

chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Did any one catch that when Ahsoka meets Anakin in the world between worlds that Vader's Theme plays at the end fading to black? Interesting that this may be a dark side echo of him as he has the same clothes from ROTS and not dressed as his force ghost in ROTJ. It could be The Son playing with her too, or then again it really could be Anakin. It's fascinating and I'm really looking forward to the next episode. It was a great cliff hanger.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Does Ahsoka know Shin? It seemed that way when she showed up to help her master

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I think she may have recognized Shin was Baylan's Padawan.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    When Shin showed up in that scene, Ahsoka was reacting out of concern for Sabine. They'd already seen each other in the woods before the fighting began. If there was recognition, it would have happened there. (or ep 2, but she might've been too far) Not sure what else you might've seen there.

Good episode, but did we really need to digitally de-age Hayden? It looked terrible. Hey Disney, we are perfectly willing and able to suspend disbelief on our own, Hayden doesn't look that old. It anything you can argue that the actor is at the perfect age to portray that version of Anakin.... who was just just a cartoon anyway.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

When Shin showed up in that scene, Ahsoka was reacting out of concern for Sabine. They'd already seen each other in the woods before the fighting began. If there was recognition, it would have happened there. (or ep 2, but she might've been too far) Not sure what else you might've seen there.
    Yeah, her reaction was "oh ****, if she's here then she probably killed Sabine!" Which is why its followed up with a really aggressive force slam.

Extraordinary Member

Something I'm seeing is people jumping for joy about how the Eye of Scion supposedly disproves The Last Jedi's Holdo maneuver, and my question for these people is - do you know the difference between a direct collision and a near-miss? The Eye of Scion is a giant ring, which means that it's a circle that is only solid along the edge, with a whole lot of empty space in the middle that a squadron can fly through without touching any part of the Eye.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Something I'm seeing is people jumping for joy about how the Eye of Scion supposedly disproves The Last Jedi's Holdo maneuver, and my question for these people is - do you know the difference between a direct collision and a near-miss? The Eye of Scion is a giant ring, which means that it's a circle that is only solid along the edge, with a whole lot of empty space in the middle that a squadron can fly through without touching any part of the Eye.
    There's really no sense over-thinking it.(I had no idea it was a thing ppl have been debating) If there were any sense to how this universe operated, people would create light-speed missiles instead of ships and do the Holdo maneuver all the time.

Mighty Member

There's really no sense over-thinking it.(I had no idea it was a thing ppl have been debating) If there were any sense to how this universe operated, people would create light-speed missiles instead of ships and do the Holdo maneuver all the time.
    This was actually addressed in one of the High Republic novels. Collisions in hyperspace are incredibly dangerous and unpredictible. The entire High Republic setting opens with one, and it causes major problems FOR MONTHS.

It's not a thing you could reliably weaponize without risking destroying entire worlds.

Holdo was just that desperate, it would seem.

And yes, that's an after the fact justification from different creatives, but it works (and is still the only thing from the High Republic project that I enjoy. What a bore fest.).

I'm kind of curious if the Dark Jedi do end up in the other galaxy, if the force even works there, or if it's "native" to the regular galaxy. Or if it works differently perhaps, with Sabine having the advantage perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I'm kind of curious if the Dark Jedi do end up in the other galaxy, if the force even works there, or if it's "native" to the regular galaxy. Or if it works differently perhaps, with Sabine having the advantage perhaps.
    Huh. That's an interesting idea. I could get behind that I think, if they spun it right. How're you thinking the Force might be different there, and why would it be?

Enjoyed the last episode. What the f*ck, Sabine? Saw it coming a mile away but still, WTF? Enjoyed her Mandalorian badassery; seeing mandos hold their own against Force users never gets old! Damn fun show. The Eye jumping to hyper hyperspace was properly epic (I love how it left lingering...ripples?...in its wake) and I like how Hera's little fleet ended up threading that needle. Marrock turning out to be what he was.....I have so many more questions now. But I'm pretty sure that wasn't Ezra. (or was it?? Maybe Ezra was controlling it from the other galaxy with witch magic!) And I'm getting more and more interested in Baylan. It was sad enough when Stevenson died before the show debuted, but after seeing him in the role it's even more so; the character is becoming compelling, not just well acted. Very curious what his deal is. And it's annoying me that we still don't know what to call him and Shin. Are they just gonna be 'dark Jedi' or what?

Wasn't a big fan of the World Between Worlds back in Rebels. Not usually a fan of the franchise going high-concept. But the show has been pushing into that territory from the start and I feel like they're pulling it off. The final scene worked for me, and I hope the next episode sticks the landing.

Glad Huyang wasn't completely useless in a fight, but I was hoping for more. Dude has four arms and knows Jedi combat techniques, couldn't/shouldn't he have a couple actual weapons on him? Sure he's basically just a protocol droid but he's a protocol droid that helped train Jedi younglings. He'd *need* weapons to fend off a Force sensitive six year old, and if you don't think so you never had kids.

Y'know....this whole thing with Sabine is not gonna help Ahsoka and her (apparent) fear of training a future dark sider. Wonder if Anakin will have any words of wisdom to share? I can't decide if I want this to be Force ghost Anakin or time traveling Anakin. Might be more fun if it's young Anakin and Ahsoka gets to see all the red flags she never noticed back in the day. Though someone here dropped the idea of Force ghosts existing in the WBW and that's all kinds of implications.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Overall I'm enjoying it more than the other none-Andor Star Wars shows. That's saying a lot for me, cause I never could get into Rebels. It was just never as good as TCW to me. It's also good seeing Diana Inosanto again. Having said all of that, I think Zeb and Chopper is the only characters that translated well to live action lol.
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

Some fans have noted Thrawn seems to be on the bridge of Eye of Sion in the trailer. However, I wonder if it's misleading....