Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Some fans have noted Thrawn seems to be on the bridge of Eye of Sion in the trailer. However, I wonder if it's misleading....
    I don't see why would it be
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

What lightsaber does Anakin have??

Is that really Anakin??
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

The sequel trilogy did seem to imply that Palpatine imitated Vader a few times in Kylo Ren's head....
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

The sequel trilogy did seem to imply that Palpatine imitated Vader a few times in Kylo Ren's head....
    Could it be The Son? Or maybe he's the Father and trying to get Ahsoka to be the Daughter? Maybe Shin could end up being the Son?
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 09-09-2023 at 09:23 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

-Anybody think Ahsoka blames herself a bit for Vader? Also does Hera know? She's met Vader in REBELS I think, but it's not common knowledge in Disney canon that Anakin=Vader among the New Republic until much later.
    I could see Ahsoka wondering what if in terms of preventing Anakin from becoming Darth Vader. Guess we'll find out soon enough. I am really enjoying this show, but depending on what version of Anakin that Ahsoka meets, it might be a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    I think the collective lightsaber duels we got this episode may be the best live action duels we've had since the prequel trilogy. Baylan's heavy claymore style looked great.
    They really were incredible. It makes Rey and Kylo Ren look sloppy...which I guess was kind of the point considering...but then it makes me wish we saw more fights with trained and highly skilled Jedi Masters.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Whacky thought - any chance they'll sneak in Portman and give us some kind of Padme appearance? Now that we can jump all over time and space, anything's possible, right? They keep bringing Anakin back to encounter important people in his life...

(or maybe they'll let Padme meet young Leia and give her that memory of her mother she mentioned in "Return of the Jedi...?")
    I don't want them to lean too heavily on time travel/distorting/whatever we're calling this, but it would be a nice moment to have Leia see Padme (would she have to explain all of this to Luke when talking about their mother, though?).

Figures Anakin's final less would involve some patented "Tough Love."

Jacen is strong with the force, like his father before him. First Kanan mention!

Is Hera's dump-truck animation-accurate? I like to believe it is.

I love how they mention "Jedi" and Carson just rolls with it.

Hayden says "Snips" so naturally.

AHSOKA IN HER ANIMATION-ACCURATE CLONE WARS DESIGNS! HAYDEN IN ANAKIN'S CLONE WARS ARMORS! OLD SCHOOL CLONES! RYLOTH! SIEGE OF MANDALORE! TEM AS LIVE-ACTION CAPTAIN REX! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!!

It really puts into perspective how young Ahsoka was when all this happened to her when we see how young the actress playing her is. Eckstein always came off much older, especially during the later stuff.

THEY DID THE ANAKIN AND VADER TRANSITION! EVEN THE ROTS TRANSITION!

Ahsoka's got her youthful swagger back!

I feel like Hera's probably going to leave the New Republic. Bureaucracy and proper military protocol just doesn't fit with her.

Oh NOW it's too much to take Jacen. I love how over-eager he is to get into Jedi stuff.

Hitching a ride with some Purrgil's! The only way to travel!

Extraordinary Member

Excellent as an experience, even if I think the previous episode had better substance to its story while this one was mostly going all in on spectacle and nostalgia to make sure that fans of the PT who hadn’t watched TCW saw a clear passing of the torch to Ahsoka; the “lesson” she learned was more just reinforcing her commitment to live and fight, not any thing more, really….

…But that’s fine, because to be honest, as “basic” as people try to argue a predictable use of “member-berries” to impart support from a popular character to another is… it ****ing works for a reason.

I’m just saying: this episode is going to be overwhelmingly popular in spite of what will likely be a very small minority criticizing it with some legitimate complaints that it’s just a passing-of-the-torch sequence using nostalgia… as they should have done with Rey, and as they *did* do with Finn before trying to retcon that out of existence.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Mighty Member

Man, Hayden is so good when he gets a chance to actually emote as Anakin. It makes me sad that Lucas deliberately went for such a wooden take when he was directing (though, to be fair, Lucas would be the first to tell you he's not a great director).

Also, it makes me irrationally happy to see a fully realized, live action version of Rex's armor. It's not as good as getting Old Man Rex in the present day story, but it still hits hard.

Loved that they explored Ahsoka's fears about being a mentor when her own was so problematic. What can she teach Sabine when she was trained to be a soldier by a monster? But, of course, both she and Anakin are so much more than either of those things.

Next week, Ezra and the Blue Man Group? Pretty please? I do believe it's time.

The thing I most dislike is that it's doing the opposite of for the ST that TCW did for the PT. It's making it even worse. We really should've gotten to see an adult Jacen in the ST, as well as a few other characters. It's making it seem weirder they weren't involved, as this would be a great flashback to previous events and history for him. Now I want to see more but with his absence in the future, I'm kind of dreading it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    The thing I most dislike is that it's doing the opposite of for the ST that TCW did for the PT. It's making it even worse. We really should've gotten to see an adult Jacen in the ST, as well as a few other characters. It's making it seem weirder they weren't involved, as this would be a great flashback to previous events and history for him. Now I want to see more but with his absence in the future, I'm kind of dreading it.
    I say just ship all Filoni’s character’s to Peridea’s Galaxy, and maybe stick a few others there as well that Luke can have trained into Jedi, and just lock them out of the GFFA for the events of the ST.. Don’t put a single valuable or interesting character in Ben Solo’s school. Let that twerp murder a bunch of no-namers, since we all know LFL doesn’t want them to matter anyways, and would just try to argue that Ben feeling bad for himself matters more.

Hell, go further; introduce Mara Jade, have her go to Peridea pregnant with Luke’s kid. Why not? It may be an obviously “bad faith” move towards the ST, but so was the St towards itself.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

A part of me was kind of expecting they'd still have Dee voice Rex here, though at least we finally had Temeura voice him .

Why is it that it seems that Dave Filoni is the only person at Disney that understands Star Wars? Just give the man the keys and let him go and then rake in the money.

I haven't been feeling the rest of the series, but Christensen totally killed it. And not to be mean at all, but Greenblatt's acting as Ahsoka was far better than the lead of the series.

I would still like to have force ghost Anakin show up. No idea if this was supposed to be him in some form or the force showing itself as him. Either way, Christensen killed it.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I haven't been feeling the rest of the series, but Christensen totally killed it. And not to be mean at all, but Greenblatt's acting as Ahsoka was far better than the lead of the series.

I would still like to have force ghost Anakin show up. No idea if this was supposed to be him in some form or the force showing itself as him. Either way, Christensen killed it.
    It was Anakin in every way that mattered. "I won't fight you." "I've heard that before." Yes, he has. From Luke, aboard the second Death Star. Moreover, I'm not sure what the functional difference is between it actually being Anakin and/or Ahoska's mind conjuring a near death experience of her former master and/or the Force speaking to her with Anakin's face/voice. The effect is the same regardless because Ahsoka is experiencing it as Anakin.

I also find it humorous how many people are praising the young Ahsoka but still criticizing Dawson WHEN THE ENTIRE EPISODE IS SHOWING US THAT THAT'S THE BLOODY POINT. Ahsoka isn't acting like herself, and hasn't been for a while. She had some unresolved issues with her former master turned dark lord, and it left her a little bit iffy on the whole teacher role. Seeing herself as Clone Wars era Ahsoka is a reminder of who she was, who she is meant to be, and who she can reclaim if she gets past her mentorship issues and the fears that being Anakin's student have made her unsuitable to be either Jedi or master.

Note also that after she wakes up as Ahsoka the White, Dawson explicitly plays the character closer to her Rebels persona. Lighter, more teasingly playful. She smiles almost constantly. And she abandons strict control to go on a crazy purgill ride across the universe that has absolutely no reason to actually work. I fully expect to see a much less constrained, more emotive Ahsoka for the remainder of the series.

Now, if I'm wrong, I'll join the chorus of people complaining about Dawson's acting. But if I'm right, a lot of you gonna owe the lady some apologies. She isn't acting poorly, she's playing out the character arc!

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    The problem is any character you loved from before the sequels would have been unceremoniously killed off in The Last Jedi if they had appeared in it.
    Dark does not mean deep.