Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Now second highest rated show or movie on all of streaming.

https://www.thewrap.com/top-streamin...a-disney-plus/

Note others on youtube (of course) are saying the show's ratings are dropping each week. beats me what's true or not on that.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 10-01-2023 at 07:26 PM.

There's also Acolyte and Skeleton Crew (The latter of which will take place in the Mando/Ahsoka/Book of Boba Fett era) coming so it'll be a while until a season 2 if there is one.

Mandalorian season 3 itself took 2 and a half years, although part of that was probably due to the pandemic and also there was BOBF which was kind of a 2.5.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Excellent, emotionally satisfying finale.

But, um, there is a season 2, right?

Seriously major props to Filoni and crew for not just making easily my favourite Star Wars series since the Mandalorian season 2, but for making it work as well as it did for someone like me who has never seen a single episode of Rebels. It was easy to follow what was going on even though they largely refrained from boring exposition dumps and more importantly made you care about these characters even without knowing much about them going in. I mean, I know Thrawn from the old EU and I know Ahsoka from the few episodes of Clone Wars I watched and from her appearances of the Mandalorian, but the other characters are all new to me.

It's pacing was a bit wonky at times and I probably need to binge the whole series again, but this was top-notch Star Wars as far as I'm concerned. And unlike Andor, it was top-notch Star Wars that wasn't afraid to be Star Wars. Assuming it has been renewed, I really can't wait to see where the series goes from here. Full on Heir to the Empire? And if so, how the hell are they going to work around the original characters this time? I haven't loved the idea of recasting the OT trio, but I don't know, maybe they're going to have to.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Nighsister initiation!

Huyang and Ezra bonding over Kanan as they made Ezra's new saber was heartwarming. Ezra even has Kanan's saber color now.

I can kind of understand not wanting to train someone who just lost their entire family and planet, knowing what happened to Anakin. Although would Leia have been in a good place to train after what happened to Alderaan?

They never really had Sabine completely spill the beans to Ezra and grappled with that but I guess her letting him be the one to go back and staying with Ahsoka was her penance.

Zombie Stormtroopers! Only marginally more effective than the normal versions!

"For the Empire" - Except we know he's really only doing this for the Chiss. I guess Morgan got what she wanted by freeing her sisters so they could return to Dathomir.

This show had some of the best dueling of the franchise.

Sabine finally has Force Pull and Force Push down.

Shin leading those bandits? She looked like a horseman of the apocalypse there.

The Sister? Statues of the Father and the Brother? Is this some kind of planet representing the Force? Will we ever find out what Baylon was planning with Ray Stevenson's passing?

Watching Hera and Ezra reunite was great. Hera now has her other son back. And Chopper immediately knew it was him. Now we just need to see Zeb again.

So...Ahsoka, Sabine, and Huyang are just stuck there? Living with crab people? No hope for a return? Will the upcoming movie address that or a season 2? Are they going to go back or is Ahsoka going to make a living in this new uncharted galaxy as a ronin Jedi?

Bringing things together fully with 100% Force Ghost Anakin.

So is Ezra going to be the main character again now to deal with all the Thrawn stuff? With Ahsoka and Sabine indisposed and Luke (and Leia) being in kind of a writing hole he's the only active Jedi they can probably rely on.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Excellent, emotionally satisfying finale.

But, um, there is a season 2, right?

Seriously major props to Filoni and crew for not just making easily my favourite Star Wars series since the Mandalorian season 2, but for making it work as well as it did for someone like me who has never seen a single episode of Rebels. It was easy to follow what was going on even though they largely refrained from boring exposition dumps and more importantly made you care about these characters even without knowing much about them going in. I mean, I know Thrawn from the old EU and I know Ahsoka from the few episodes of Clone Wars I watched and from her appearances of the Mandalorian, but the other characters are all new to me.

It's pacing was a bit wonky at times and I probably need to binge the whole series again, but this was top-notch Star Wars as far as I'm concerned. And unlike Andor, it was top-notch Star Wars that wasn't afraid to be Star Wars. Assuming it has been renewed, I really can't wait to see where the series goes from here. Full on Heir to the Empire? And if so, how the hell are they going to work around the original characters this time? I haven't loved the idea of recasting the OT trio, but I don't know, maybe they're going to have to.
    So many things left open to not have a Season 2. I agree with everything you said, I enjoyed Andor but this is the Star Wars live action show I've been waiting for. I also agree that you can't do Heir to the Empire with out the original three playing some part in it, and I'd actually be happy if season 2 of Ashoka just dealt with her, Sabine, and Huyang in the new galaxy dealing with whatever was calling Balyon and if Shin can be redeemed or goes father down the path of a dark jedi (or whatever they're being called) to transitioning to a sith. With the end result of season 2 being their return to the Star Wars proper galaxy and participating in the movie.

Still leaves a big plot whole why Ashoka, Sabine, or Ezra weren't more involved in fighting the first order though. Maybe after all is said and done an Thrawn is defeated they choose to go back to this other galaxy for some reason.
    Last edited by paulrkiii; 10-04-2023 at 05:35 AM.

Holy crap, that was a great finale! THIS is the Star Wars I want to see!! So much cool stuff happened, where to begin?

Sabine fighting as a Mandalorian Jedi was dope to see. Loved seeing her finally being able to connect with the Force!

Ahsoka's fight with Eslbeth was fantastic! That ender...

Shin now (presumably) leading the raiders and I cannot wait until she and Sabine continue their feud. Especially with the latter having some new tricks.

Baylan Skoll has to return but it'll be VERY hard to top Ray Stevenson. Not many actors can just stand there, silent and still be one of the coolest things in an already cool episode.

FORCE GHOST ANAKIN!!! I love the idea that he's with Ahsoka again and she'll be able to commune with him.

I am looking forward to season 2 or the film! If Disney is smart, they'll announce Season 2 later today to feed off the hype.

Ok after thinking about it the finale like the show in a whole was fine that's it IMO it was fine nowhere near as good as the 1st 2 seasons of Mandalorian and not in the same league as Andor.

Let's go to my faults with the show one it relies way too much on people knowing either the EU, Clone Wars, Rebels, or some mix of those 3. I should point out I've read some of the EU and have watched both series.

Thrawn while portrayed as competent and calculating there's no evidence based off the show that he's anything more than a blue Tarkin. If you read the EU or seen Rebels than you know what a threat he is, but based off this show, he's nothing more than any other high-ranking Imperial. Take Thanos from the MCU he had under 3 minutes of screen time before Infinity War then bam he comes in beats the hell out of Hulk and kills Loki establishing the talk in the other films of what a threat he was wasn't B.S. Then they spend the film building his motivation. Thrawn's motivation seems to be the same as any other Imperial vs let's say Baylon a much better developed character and one hard act to follow RIP Ray Stevenson. The Night Sisters again characters if you hadn't seen Clone Wars or other material, you'd be lost to who they were and how their powers worked. Take Andor if you never saw Star Wars any Star Wars Andor still works.

Anakin episode 5 was IMO the worst of the show it was nothing but fan service and the kind that doesn't service the plot instead the kind that deserves the term "Memberries" seriously if not for the space whales you could skip the episode when rewatching and it wouldn't affect the plot at all. Also, this is an old grip of mine but seriously why does Anakin get to be a force ghost? HE SAVED HIS SON! He didn't stop Palpatine to save the galaxy he did it to save his own kid. What that negates all the people including children he murdered?

The show was okay better than Obi-Wan or the Book of Boba Fett but IMO not better than Mandalorian Season 3 but also not worse than it either.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 10-04-2023 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Ok after thinking about it the finale like the show in a whole was fine that's it IMO it was fine nowhere near as good as the 1st 2 seasons of Mandalorian and not in the same league as Andor.

Let's go to my faults with the show one it relies way too much on people knowing either the EU, Clone Wars, Rebels, or some mix of those 3. I should point out I've read some of the EU and have watched both series.

Thrawn while portrayed as competent and calculating there's no evidence based off the show that he's anything more than a blue Tarkin. If you read the EU or seen Rebels than you know what a threat he is, but based off this show, he's nothing more than any other high-ranking Imperial. Take Thanos from the MCU he had under 3 minutes of screen time before Infinity War then bam he comes in beats the hell out of Hulk and kills Loki establishing the talk in the other films of what a threat he was wasn't B.S. Then they spend the film building his motivation. Thrawn's motivation seems to be the same as any other Imperial vs let's say Baylon a much better developed character and one hard act to follow RIP Ray Stevenson. The Night Sisters again characters if you hadn't seen Clone Wars or other material, you'd be lost to who they were and how their powers worked. Take Andor if you never saw Star Wars any Star Wars Andor still works.

Anakin episode 5 was IMO the worst of the show it was nothing but fan service and the kind that doesn't service the plot instead the kind that deserves the term "Memberries" seriously if not for the space whales you could skip the episode when rewatching and it wouldn't affect the plot at all. Also, this is an old grip of mine but seriously why does Anakin get to be a force ghost? HE SAVED HIS SON! He didn't stop Palpatine to save the galaxy he did it to save his own kid. What that negates all the people including children he murdered?

The show was okay better than Obi-Wan or the Book of Boba Fett but IMO not better than Mandalorian Season 3 but also not worse than it either.
    Well, Thrawn got what he wanted and basically won so for a recent Star Wars villain (especially compared to Moff Gideon) that's actually pretty impressive .

I mean, the episode was pivotal to Ahsoka's character development and reconciling with her past. Anakin chose to save his son's life out of love and through that balanced the Force as he was meant to as the chosen one.

Exactly. If you don't think that Episode 5 was important to the series then you just weren't paying attention. There's a clear difference in how Ahsoka acts, as well as her feelings towards Sabine, that occurs due to what she goes through in that episode. Hell, we had a couple pages of debate about how she wasn't acting like she was previously and if it was intentional. Turns out, it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Thrawn got what he wanted and basically won so for a recent Star Wars villain (especially compared to Moff Gideon) that's actually pretty impressive .

I mean, the episode was pivotal to Ahsoka's character development and reconciling with her past. Anakin chose to save his son's life out of love and through that balanced the Force as he was meant to as the chosen one.
    He won but also his victory was simply getting away and Ezra tagged along. In the bubble of this show he's not yet shown why the audience should fear him like people say. Again, Ahsoka reconciling with her past works if one has seen Clone Wars and Rebels but in the show it's lackluster at best and simply there to show the Clone Wars and more importantly Anakin on screen. As for the Anakin chose to save his son for love well, he also chose to kill for love. In both cases it was to keep the person he loved alive and again I don't see how that negates his past sins where he deserves an afterlife that doesn't include some kind of penance. I've always liked that Vader died saying his son but the idea he gets a rewarding afterlife for it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. If there was justice in the SW Universe Anakin would spend eternity surrounded by the force ghosts of dead younglings.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 10-04-2023 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Exactly. If you don't think that Episode 5 was important to the series then you just weren't paying attention. There's a clear difference in how Ahsoka acts, as well as her feelings towards Sabine, that occurs due to what she goes through in that episode. Hell, we had a couple pages of debate about how she wasn't acting like she was previously and if it was intentional. Turns out, it was.
    You don't need a near hour-long Clone Wars wankfest for that change and again the change wasn't even drastic enough to even need any explanation Sabine being taken even by her own choice could have been enough to change Ahsoka's POV and I stand by calling her personality change lackluster at best.

You don't need a near hour-long Clone Wars wankfest for that change and again the change wasn't even drastic enough to even need any explanation Sabine being taken even by her own choice could have been enough to change Ahsoka's POV and I stand by calling her personality change lackluster at best.
    Considering a big part of Ahsoka's trauma stemmed from Anakin becoming Vader and what she went through in the Clone Wars, I'd say you're wrong. It was directly linked.

He won but also his victory was simply getting away and Ezra tagged along. In the bubble of this show he's not yet shown why the audience should fear him like people say. Again, Ahsoka reconciling with her past works if one has seen Clone Wars and Rebels but in the show it's lackluster at best and simply there to show the Clone Wars and more importantly Anakin on screen. As for the Anakin chose to save his son for love well, he also chose to kill for love. In both cases it was to keep the person he loved alive and again I don't see how that negates his past sins where he deserves an afterlife that doesn't include some kind of penance. I've always liked that Vader died saying his son but the idea he gets a rewarding afterlife for it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. If there was justice in the SW Universe Anakin would spend eternity surrounded by the force ghosts of dead younglings.
    Considering the heroes weren't able to stop him (not even Ezra was able to really sabotage his plans much other than getting the heck out of dodge), that's still an achievement.

But she's the lead character, you can't really divorce her from the context of Clone Wars and Rebels since that's her entire backstory and why she is the way she is.

In the case of for Luke it was a selfless act to save someone he loved rather than giving in to the Dark Side out of possessiveness and fear. It doesn't completely make up for what he did, but that was when he became Anakin Skywalker again.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

So I started watching it Monday afternoon so I could finish up today, which I did. I've not seen the Clone Wars cartoon but didn't fee lost. A buddy thought I might be, guess it just makes the experience richer for those that have.

This show must have been guaranteed at minimum 2 seasons with how this ended. The hero of the story is separated from where the focus of the action is going.
    So Wren is from the mold of Mandalorian that Bo Katan and others are it seems. Helmet off all the time.
    I enjoyed Thrawn, I feel he was cast well and mannerisms match what I've read in the novels.
    "There be whales here", this is my one headscratcher. It feels a bit Star Trek-ish. In Trek you have some large sentient, somewhat sentient creatures. I don't recall Wars having that but I may have just missed it somewhere(like in the cartoons?).
    Morgan....you were just getting interesting.
    I did like the subtle nod to story themes in Mandalorian being mentioned here during the Generals oversight hearing. So is Ezra her kids dad?

Really liked it and look forward to season 2 sometime next year.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I assume you're talking about Hera, when asking if Ezra is the father. If so, no he's not. Jacen's dad is Ezra's deceased Master, Kanan. The character Hyung was talking about while constructing the new lightsaber.