Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Yah. I got deeply annoyed with her selfishness twice. Snitching the map, and then giving it to Skoll. Made my teeth grind when Ezra asked how she found him and she said, "let's not talk about that now." She knew what she'd done.

Of course, I guess we could say the same of Luke in TESB. He rushed after Vader, even with Yoda telling him he was wasting all Han, Leia and Chewy sacrificed for. At least he only had to screw that pooch once to learn.

Maybe it requires getting a hand cut off for it to sink in. Clearly, getting light saber-kibbobed was insufficient for Sabine.
    And she and Ezra never hashed it out over what happened. Heck, she and Ahsoka didn't really talk about it much either, or even about what happened to Mandalore.

Thrawn is loose in the universe and everyone's just kind of chill .

I have a feeling returning Ezra will end up having to redeem Sabine's choices. He'd better do something really impressive though to offset the destruction that Thrawn/The Night Sisters are about to unleash.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I have a feeling returning Ezra will end up having to redeem Sabine's choices. He'd better do something really impressive though to offset the destruction that Thrawn/The Night Sisters are about to unleash.
    I do wonder if the intention was helping free Ezra and staying behind was meant to be her "penance" thematically...even if it just leaves Ezra to have to deal with Thrawn.

Then again he was also the last person to stop Thrawn, so...

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Them being in the other galaxy may simply be part of redeeming her choice as well. The creators recently said that Morai and Anakin appearing to watch over them at the end means that Sabine and Ahsoka are where they are meant to be right now, so the wills of the force apparently already agree with the actions that brought them here.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Them being in the other galaxy may simply be part of redeeming her choice as well. The creators recently said that Morai and Anakin appearing to watch over them at the end means that Sabine and Ahsoka are where they are meant to be right now, so the wills of the force apparently already agree with the actions that brought them here.
    And the wills of Dave Filoni .

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And the wills of Dave Filoni .
    HA! Like Busiek said one time (paraphrase) it doesn't matter who should win (quote) "we fix the fights."

Random gripe: I can get not telling us everything about Skoll and Hati, but if they're going to be sparse with the info, it should make sense. I'm having an issue reconciling Skoll saying he trained her to "be something more" (than Jedi or Sith) but then he dismisses her to follow Thrawn because of her "ambition." So... what was he training her for that was "better" if he just sends her off to follow Thrawn? It's not even that she chooses it - he leaves then tells her to go. Did he not even try to tell her his agenda to see if she wanted to follow him? It's pretty clear he chose to leave her in the dark about his intentions. I don't get it.

Random gripe: I can get not telling us everything about Skoll and Hati, but if they're going to be sparse with the info, it should make sense. I'm having an issue reconciling Skoll saying he trained her to "be something more" (than Jedi or Sith) but then he dismisses her to follow Thrawn because of her "ambition." So... what was he training her for that was "better" if he just sends her off to follow Thrawn? It's not even that she chooses it - he leaves then tells her to go. Did he not even try to tell her his agenda to see if she wanted to follow him? It's pretty clear he chose to leave her in the dark about his intentions. I don't get it.
    Yeah, he kind of just bailed on her. Unless that was her "final lesson."

Mighty Member

He trained her to be like him, whatever he's aiming to become. Not bound by light or dark, beyond the cycle of violence and ready to end it, whatever that entails.

But at every turn she has wanted temporal power, to dominate and exert control. Despite her assertion that she was being trained as a Jedi, she's much closer to a Sith.

So in the end he decided she was unworthy and cut her loose. Let her follow the path of her desire.

One also gets the sense that he feels like he no longer needs her. That she's served her purpose and no longer matters if she isn't up to the task.
    Last edited by ZeroBG82; 10-14-2023 at 01:28 PM.

He never said he was a good master. That's the old ways .

I thought this was a great season, and I'd love to see more. I kind of think we need a live action Rebels season 1 first, though. More Ezra with Hera. And throw in Zeb, of course. It was good to see Sabine use the force more strongly, but I was thinking she might end up embracing her Mandalorian roots. Ahsoka, having resolved things with her, would go on to teach Jacen.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Jacen was really good here. All the young actors were great. I really want to see more of Jacen, this is a great launchpad for more from him imo out of all the Rebels characters so far. I want Ezra training him to make a full circle moment his father's padawan finally teaching the master's son.
    Ezra training Jacen? Actually, that could work too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Baylan and Shin get two seconds of screen time. Those of us familiar with the Mortis can now assume Baylan's goal is to take the offer the Father once made to Anakin, and become the embodiment of the Force's balance. Which is a hella cool goal for a villain and seems really fitting for Baylan. I didn't need him to be a major focus for the finale but I expected and wanted more than a quick, non-speaking cameo where he just looks intently at the horizon. And last we knew Shin was supposed to be heading back to Thrawn, her decision to stay with the bandits came out of left field and makes no sense given what we know of her and what Baylan said about her ambition and motivation.

Not sure what they do with Baylan from here. Recast? Write him out and have Shin take over that storyline?
    Have Baylan interact with the Mortis Gods and have that interaction change him to the point where he can be played by a different actor.

The creators recently said that Morai and Anakin appearing to watch over them at the end means that Sabine and Ahsoka are where they are meant to be right now, so the wills of the force apparently already agree with the actions that brought them here.
    That works. I won't question the appearance of Force Ghost Anakin.

Random tweak: thinking back, I wish we got to see Ezra's reaction to Sabine using the Force. He should've been shocked or thrilled! It makes me wish he had been the one to propose Sabine Force pushing him onto the ship. (OMG, you can use the Force! You should Force push me etc... you saw me and Kanan do it all the time - you can do it! etc...) Sabine risking her friend's life after using the Force once was a bit crazy.

Random tweak: thinking back, I wish we got to see Ezra's reaction to Sabine using the Force. He should've been shocked or thrilled! It makes me wish he had been the one to propose Sabine Force pushing him onto the ship. (OMG, you can use the Force! You should Force push me etc... you saw me and Kanan do it all the time - you can do it! etc...) Sabine risking her friend's life after using the Force once was a bit crazy.
    I took that as, up until that point, she was never sure she could actually use the Force. But once she did so, that mental block was gone because now she knew for sure that she could.

There goes peoples' hope for a forceless Jedi .

(I still prefer her as just a Mandalorian).

The Honest Trailer for the show has been released.

Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.