Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637
    Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There's that and just it felt like he had the Rebels more on their toes and on edge moreso here...nobody really seemed all that worked up about him despite how wary they were at the beginning.
    Well he had a lot of fresh resources and preparation time compared to being stranded for two decades. And of course, a bunch of non-main characters to steam roll. The main part of the threat did seem to be about him specifically returning to the galaxy and getting those types of resources and time back on his side and rallying the remnants.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Well he had a lot of fresh resources and preparation time compared to being stranded for two decades. And of course, a bunch of non-main characters to steam roll. The main part of the threat did seem to be about him specifically returning to the galaxy and getting those types of resources and time back on his side and rallying the remnants.
    I mean, I'm hoping he makes an impact, but I'm worried it'll be pretty underwhelming.

Boisterously Confused

There's that and just it felt like he had the Rebels more on their toes and on edge moreso here...nobody really seemed all that worked up about him despite how wary they were at the beginning.
    I wrote it off as the dude not yet being fully back on his game since he's been stuck in exile land all those years. Still, I grant your point; he didn't feel as dangerous as one would have expected. A bit of a case of Be-Careful-What-You-Wish-For I suppose.

I think in the old Thrawn trilogy he wasn't really taken seriously as a major threat by the New Republic until the third novel.

He actually loses in "Heir to the Empire" although he does do plenty of damage in his attempt.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-03-2023 at 06:07 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Wasn't one of the less spoken plot points of the whole PT that the Jedi let their institutions overshadow the creed on which the institution was based?
    Was it really that 'less spoken?' Feels like RotS, at least, was fairly loud in its condemnation of the Jedi Order.

Yeah, even if you can accept that Hera was so happy to see Ezra that she temporarily stopped worrying about Thrawn, all those other people should've been wondering what Ezra's return in an Imperial shuttle meant. On paper this was a real Empire-style downer of a finale; the heroes exiled and trapped, the villain's triumphant return with new allies. The secondary villains (I mean Baylan and Shin) unimpeded in their quests, sure to make even more trouble down the road. The only upside is Ezra's rescue, which was still an overall loss (one Jedi at/near the Master level and a Jedilorian lost for a single Jedi who's probably still a Knight, albeit an experienced one) yet the atmosphere isn't full of dread like it should be.

Thrawn himself not feeling as dangerous here as he did on Rebels....I feel like that's a similar thing as Kang in Ant-Man 3. There are limitations on Thrawn we're not used to, and he does well under those restrictions, but it's not the shock/awe we're accustomed to.

I mean, I'm hoping he makes an impact, but I'm worried it'll be pretty underwhelming.
    Well, if we get a whole movie that brings the entire Mando era together....that's a big enough stage to do Thrawn justice, especially if a show (Skeleton Crew?) or two (Mando S4?) do their share of the setup. Whether they pull it off or not...we'll see when we see. Of course, with things the way they are in the entertainment world right now, I'm not sure if we're gonna get that movie in the first place.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Was it really that 'less spoken?' Feels like RotS, at least, was fairly loud in its condemnation of the Jedi Order.

Yeah, even if you can accept that Hera was so happy to see Ezra that she temporarily stopped worrying about Thrawn, all those other people should've been wondering what Ezra's return in an Imperial shuttle meant. On paper this was a real Empire-style downer of a finale; the heroes exiled and trapped, the villain's triumphant return with new allies. The secondary villains (I mean Baylan and Shin) unimpeded in their quests, sure to make even more trouble down the road. The only upside is Ezra's rescue, which was still an overall loss (one Jedi at/near the Master level and a Jedilorian lost for a single Jedi who's probably still a Knight, albeit an experienced one) yet the atmosphere isn't full of dread like it should be.

Thrawn himself not feeling as dangerous here as he did on Rebels....I feel like that's a similar thing as Kang in Ant-Man 3. There are limitations on Thrawn we're not used to, and he does well under those restrictions, but it's not the shock/awe we're accustomed to.

Well, if we get a whole movie that brings the entire Mando era together....that's a big enough stage to do Thrawn justice, especially if a show (Skeleton Crew?) or two (Mando S4?) do their share of the setup. Whether they pull it off or not...we'll see when we see. Of course, with things the way they are in the entertainment world right now, I'm not sure if we're gonna get that movie in the first place.
    And nobody properly addresses how it's Sabine's fault.

Strike is over so there's some more fun BTS stuff on social media, mainly from the last few episodes I think so it's mostly Sabine, Shin, and Ezra. One of them is Ivanna Sakhno driving around in a tiny landspeeder with sunglasses and a cigarette.

Little bit of Ray Stevenson there too playing some tunes for her and Natasha to dance to.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Strike is over so there's some more fun BTS stuff on social media, mainly from the last few episodes I think so it's mostly Sabine, Shin, and Ezra. One of them is Ivanna Sakhno driving around in a tiny landspeeder with sunglasses and a cigarette.

Little bit of Ray Stevenson there too playing some tunes for her and Natasha to dance to.
    That made me happy/sad.

It really felt like he was going to be a giant factor in Heir to the Empire. The "which side is he in" trope. So sad ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

And nobody properly addresses how it's Sabine's fault.
    I'm hoping we get to explore this a little next season. Maybe start with Hera and the other Republic officials debriefing Ezra, where everyone can learn where the blame belongs. Give them something to stew over until Sabine and Ahsoka get back home.

But I'm still a little salty that we didn't get a proper exploration of Mandalorian culture and the different factions in Mando S3, so I'm not holding my breath on Sabine getting held accountable for putting the whole galaxy in danger just so she could visit a childhood buddy.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    That made me happy/sad.

It really felt like he was going to be a giant factor in Heir to the Empire. The "which side is he in" trope. So sad ...
    His character most likely still will be, I can't see them just dropping that plot line even if the actor died.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Some felt that he would be the C'baoth equavilent but he turned out quite different.

Probably the Nightsisters will have that role. I can see them betraying Thrawn too so they're also kind of the Noghri equivalent too.