Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I swear, if I ever wrote/directed for Star Wars, the moment I think it's appropriate for a villain to die, I'd make the death as final as I possibly could, especially if they look cool. One of my complaints is they contrive to rewrite villain deaths as much as comic books.

"Starseer, you sliced him in half VERTICALLY. Then, since that wasn't apparently enough, grabbed a flamethrower, burned the corpse to ashes, then scattered them. After that, you broke the 4th wall, and threatened the children of this so called "director" if you ever saw the Sith Hunter again. What do you have to say for yourself?"

"It's the only way to be sure."
    Except in this case the character hasn't actually died. It happened in a book which is far less canonical than anything on screen, and where we last left her on screen in Clone Wars seemed to set up an interesting story which would seem to fit in with what they've been doing in the Mandolorian.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I'm kind of wondering how they're going to do Hera. Different actress or like with Cad Bane so Vanessa Marshall can still voice her?

Chopper .
    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Except in this case the character hasn't actually died. It happened in a book which is far less canonical than anything on screen, and where we last left her on screen in Clone Wars seemed to set up an interesting story which would seem to fit in with what they've been doing in the Mandolorian.
    Well, it's canonical in the sense that it's supposed to explain where Ventress went after the show ended and was going to be an arc in the show to begin with and they've usually treated those as canon. I mean, if she were still alive in the OT or sequel eras I think she would have shown up by now.

Mighty Member

I haven't seen the footage(where do you find that!?) but the image of Chopper was fun:
    Reddit. I've seen pretty much all the footage that has been shown at Celebration so far. The quality is usually dodgy, 'cause bootleg. But it's all there if you go looking.

They formally introduced Natasha Liu Bordizzo as Sabine. Obviously just in her street clothes and not the costume, but she's definitely got the look.

And Chopper looks fantastic. The rig can even shake and his head bobs and wobbles just like the animated version. It looks like a lot higher quality build than the background version from Rogue One.

It sure looks like we're going to get to see the entire Rebels epilogue reshot in live action.

Now this just needs Ezra, Thrawn and Rex and I'm in Nerdvana.
    Last edited by ZeroBG82; 05-28-2022 at 06:46 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The novel was suppose to be an arc on Clone Wars. The animation team treated the unproduced arcs as canon when they move on to Rebels. Rebels made a lot of references to those unproduced arcs like Ahsoka encounter with Palpatine. Bad Batch and Pamphlet of Boba Fett showed a metal plate on Cad Bane head. Surely from the duel he had with Boba that went unproduced for Clone Wars. I don't expect Fioni to **** on the continuity he created.

This show is pretty much a live action sequel to Rebels. I can dig it.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 05-29-2022 at 05:03 PM.

Niffleheim

I was giddy when I saw Jacen Syndulla's hand reaching out.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Palleon, Thrawn's captain, also had a voice cameo in REBELS. While I seriously doubt he'll ever be the huge character he became from LEGENDS again, it would be pretty cool if he did show up in some way, although I'm guessing it would mainly be a minor role, so I wouldn't expect any big names who resemble the character's depictions (Middle-aged man with a mustache) such as say, Sam Elliot.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Palleon, Thrawn's captain, also had a voice cameo in REBELS. While I seriously doubt he'll ever be the huge character he became from LEGENDS again, it would be pretty cool if he did show up in some way, although I'm guessing it would mainly be a minor role, so I wouldn't expect any big names who resemble the character's depictions (Middle-aged man with a mustache) such as say, Sam Elliot.
    I'd love for Palleon to meet Eli Vanto...

Anybody think Lux could show up? Apparently he stuck with Saw's faction and played a large role in the Battlefront II spin off novel. Maybe he'll even be in Andor as Saw is expected to be in there.

Anybody think Lux could show up? Apparently he stuck with Saw's faction and played a large role in the Battlefront II spin off novel. Maybe he'll even be in Andor as Saw is expected to be in there.
    It would feel kind of full-circle.

https://www.ign.com/articles/ezra-br...y-eman-esfandi

We have Ezra. It's not the Aladdin actor as rumored.

Wonder if we'll have confirmation on Thrawn soon?

https://www.ign.com/articles/ezra-br...y-eman-esfandi

We have Ezra. It's not the Aladdin actor as rumored.

Wonder if we'll have confirmation on Thrawn soon?
    The actor definitely has the look for Ezra.

Not familiar with the actor, I don't think, but he definitely looks perfect.

Really, really looking forward to this show. The MCU/Lucasfilm panel at D23 starts in an hour....I'm really hoping we get a trailer for Ashoka.
    Last edited by Ascended; 09-10-2022 at 08:24 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Nothing much, just a picture of Sabine.

Nothing much, just a picture of Sabine.
    I think they also released a picture of Ahsoka, because...yeah .

New Disney+ preview for 2023 has a tiny bit of footage-just Ashoka removing her cloak.