Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Rumors are stating that Hera is going to be the role Mary Elisabeth Winstead (Ewan's wife now BTW) is playing.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Rumors are stating that Hera is going to be the role Mary Elisabeth Winstead (Ewan's wife now BTW) is playing.
    That would be...something.

It would be hard for me to imagine the character without Vanessa Marshall's voice.

Think something like the Sackoff/Bo-Katan casting was probably a one time thing, since Bo-Katan seems to have been designed with Sackoff's likeness in the first place; also Sackoff and Bo-Katan are roughly the same age (Mid 40s).

Hera at this point I think is in her mid 30s probably and Marshall is in her mid 50s and she doesn't really look like the character face-wise so I don't think she would've worked as a live action version of the character. Although she did do mo-cap for the less cartoony CG Hera in Squadrons.

Hera is in the recent (But not publicly released) trailer but only seen from the back so it's kind of tough to figure out who it is.

That being said it'd be cool if the series featured Ashley Eckstein, Vanessa or others in some different role. Like what the Last of Us is doing with the video game voice actors, or even Matt Lanter's Mandalorian cameo.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 12-22-2022 at 08:19 PM.

Niffleheim

"Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

That looks amazing!
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Hera is in! This truly is a sequel series to Rebels. I am all in!

Given she's likely going to show up in Filoni's movie "wrapup" to the early post-ROTJ, I'm thinking that will perhaps be her death since she's a "Jedi who came before" in ROS's ending.

But it's kind of fitting: He started her story with a movie he directed intended to be a pilot for a TV series; and ending it (probably) with a TV series theatrical finale.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Given she's likely going to show up in Filoni's movie "wrapup" to the early post-ROTJ, I'm thinking that will perhaps be her death since she's a "Jedi who came before" in ROS's ending.

But it's kind of fitting: He started her story with a movie he directed intended to be a pilot for a TV series; and ending it (probably) with a TV series theatrical finale.
    Filoni came out to say that Ahsoka wasn't dead when it came to that ending. Jedi don't have to be dead to talk through the force.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Filoni came out to say that Ahsoka wasn't dead when it came to that ending. Jedi don't have to be dead to talk through the force.
    Yeah, I'm still holding out for a new Jedi order headed by Ahsoka, Ezra and Grogu.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

On a similar topic, Winstead is confirmed as Hera. Kind of wondering if her husband (Winsteads, that is) might pop up as a force ghost, as Ewan did play Obi-Wan's voice for cameos in the sequel trilogy. Although visually I'm not sure, given the reaction to Hayden replacing Shaw I'm not sure how Ewan visually replacing Alec (Even if it isn't over the ROTJ footage) would go. TLJ even made a new mold of the original Yoda puppet for his TLJ appearence.

Freddie Prinze/Caleb/Kanan of course is probably a possiblity as well.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Yeah, I'm still holding out for a new Jedi order headed by Ahsoka, Ezra and Grogu.
    Throw in Cal Kestis and I’m down

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Live-action Hera (voice feels weird)! Live-action Sabine (feels weird to see her out of the armor)! Live-action Ezra! Live-action Thrawn (Lars, is that you!?)! Chopper and Mon Mothma returns! Dark Side users (C'Boath is that you?)! Heir to the Empire namedrop! Live-action Huyang!

Also looks like they're definitively answering the "is Ahsoka a Jedi?" question by just straight up having her basically reclaim that identity in this series.

Everything I wanted and more.

Do they teach classes on how to put together a good trailer? Because if so, somebody paid attention.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Very interested

+ Holy Hell. Joruus C'baoth from the Heir to the Empire Novels. This alone will make me tune in
    + Sabine and Hera look great
    + Fight Choreography looks excellent
    + Definitely want to see Thrawn

- No cons to this trailer

Not sure why Disney decided the First Order Dumpster Fire was a better idea. Other than Mara Jade, Zahn's Books were far better explaining the aftermath of ROTJ

Niffleheim

The cons for me is they should have hired a competent director
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough