Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Default Ahsoka on Disney +

Natasha Liu Bordizzo of Guns Akimbo fame has been cast as Sabine in the upcoming Ahsoka series, which is great and a little sad as I had actually fan cast her as Doctor Aphra! Along with the casting of Mena Massoud and Lars Mikkelsen as Ezra and Thrawn this is shaping up to be a great show so far.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Looks like she'll look the part .

Extraordinary Member

I’m curious whether they’ll have her make her first appearance in The Mandalorian, or if they might build towards her and Din meeting in Ahsoka.

Sabine and Din have too many parallels and too many contrasts to just be acquaintances when all is said and done. Sabine’s Rebels Season 3 Arc was basically a prototype of every Mandalorian Clan politics and Darksaber story that Din’s going to do, while they’re both heroic Mandos who sought to atone for a major mistake that wound up leading to them winning the darksaber in combat even when they didn’t want it or the responsibility. At the same time, she’s a blue-blood prodigy with an artistic streak who’s loyal to the Rebellion/Republic, while he’s a socially awkward adopted member of the religious sect who wears unpainted armor and has a distrust of the larger Republic.

Feels liked they at least need to have some fun sit-down conversation on stuff between them.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I’m curious whether they’ll have her make her first appearance in The Mandalorian, or if they might build towards her and Din meeting in Ahsoka.

Sabine and Din have too many parallels and too many contrasts to just be acquaintances when all is said and done. Sabine’s Rebels Season 3 Arc was basically a prototype of every Mandalorian Clan politics and Darksaber story that Din’s going to do, while they’re both heroic Mandos who sought to atone for a major mistake that wound up leading to them winning the darksaber in combat even when they didn’t want it or the responsibility. At the same time, she’s a blue-blood prodigy with an artistic streak who’s loyal to the Rebellion/Republic, while he’s a socially awkward adopted member of the religious sect who wears unpainted armor and has a distrust of the larger Republic.

Feels liked they at least need to have some fun sit-down conversation on stuff between them.
    I imagine they'll most likely meet in the Mandalorian at some point, whether it's this season or not I don't know but yeah, with her history with the Dark Saber it makes a lot of sense.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I don't know who the actress is but I'm excited Sabine will be on this show.

Niffleheim

I hope they reference Duchess Satine at least and how both Bo-Katan and Sabine contributed in the wars on Mandalore now that they will be in live action
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I hope they reference Duchess Satine at least and how both Bo-Katan and Sabine contributed in the wars on Mandalore now that they will be in live action
    There’s been no reports about this at all and it’s just blatant speculation on my part, but a great character to handle all of that? Fenn Rau, especially if they can get Kevin McKidd to play him (since he was a case of a live-action actor they cast for voice work rather than a voice actor first.)

Rau was both a Protector, who were Satine’s bodyguards, and not only got defeated/recruited by Sabine (and mentored her in turn) but also helped forge the alliance between her and Bo-Katan before offering Bo-Katan his support (and by proxy, the Protectors.)

Dude’s the perfect exposition machine and also another type of Mando for Din to meet.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    There’s been no reports about this at all and it’s just blatant speculation on my part, but a great character to handle all of that? Fenn Rau, especially if they can get Kevin McKidd to play him (since he was a case of a live-action actor they cast for voice work rather than a voice actor first.)

Rau was both a Protector, who were Satine’s bodyguards, and not only got defeated/recruited by Sabine (and mentored her in turn) but also helped forge the alliance between her and Bo-Katan before offering Bo-Katan his support (and by proxy, the Protectors.)

Dude’s the perfect exposition machine and also another type of Mando for Din to meet.
    More Keven McKidd is always a good thing

Too bad Gar Saxon's dead. They could've had a live-action Rome reunion.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member

Sabine has long been expected. Never heard of the actress, but I'll put my faith in Favreau, Filoni and Co.

Fenn Rau would be fun. One of my favorite recurring characters and definitely fits the mood, either in Ahsoka or in Mando. But straight up, if they give us Fenn Rau and not Rex I am going to be very, very grumpy. You've got Morrison right there doing Boba. Just gimme my live action Rex, dangnabbit! Ok, that's out of my system for now.

This project is going to be interesting. Bringing so many characters to the live action screen that we're already familiar with seems like setting up expectations in a way that might be dangerous to the show's acceptance. But if they can capture the spirit of Rebels in any meaningful way while also moving the plot and the timeline forward, there is a recipe here for something truly fun and exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    the casting of Mena Massoud and Lars Mikkelsen as Ezra and Thrawn
    Is that official or just rumor? I thought it was rumor? Massoud looks great as a potential Ezra, but....Ashoka takes place like, thirty-forty years after Rebels right? Massoud looks a little young to be a.....sixty?....year old Ezra. But on the other hand, who cares if Ezra finally gets to come back from his swim with the space whales?

I do look forward to seeing Sabine. One of the better characters to come from the cartoons, I think. I don't know the actress from anything (I'll watch Guns Akimbo eventually) but she looks the part. Actually, the actress looks pretty young too....eh, whatever.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Ashoka takes place like, thirty-forty years after Rebels
    No.

More like 10.

Rebels ends about a year (or less) pre-Yavin. From ANH to RotJ is, what, 4-5 years? And The Mandalorian is set 6 years post RotJ.

Presuming Ahsoka is set in the same period (Rosario Dawson and the rumored Sabine both fit for it age wise), it's about a decade post-Rebels. So Ahsoka is early 40s, and Ezra and Sabine should both be late 20s or 30. Ezra and Luke are exactly the same age, being born on the same day.
    Last edited by ZeroBG82; 11-21-2021 at 07:06 PM.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Is that official or just rumor? I thought it was rumor? Massoud looks great as a potential Ezra, but....Ashoka takes place like, thirty-forty years after Rebels right? Massoud looks a little young to be a.....sixty?....year old Ezra. But on the other hand, who cares if Ezra finally gets to come back from his swim with the space whales?.
    If Luke is young in The Madalorian then so is Ezra because in Rebels it was shown that he is around the same age as Leia. He was born on Empire Day.
    Last edited by Tofali; 11-21-2021 at 08:50 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Ah, right y'are! Got my wires crossed for a second and forgot when Ashoka is set. Thanks for the correction guys!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.