Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

So I'm thinking Thrawn's return will be yet another Disney production which will use the Imperial I/ANH style Star Destroyer CG model.

Although like Andor/Obi-Wan etc. it makes sense, unlike Rise of Skywalker which just re-used the CG model, increased it's side a bit and added a few cosmetic changes. Even if the fleet dates back to that time it still came off as incredibly lazy.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

New clip:

Chopper back to business .

That Inquisitor at least lasted longer than five seconds .

The show will be coming out a day early on Tuesday, although at night.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    The cons for me is they should have hired a competent director
    I guess I'll see If I'll change my mind on Filoni's directing.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member

First 2 episodes were really good I thought. And I appreciated they are longer more standard episodes. I thought the pacing was good. They don't even try to coddle people who haven't watched Rebels. They just go right in expecting that you know by now.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm loving that this show is a direct sequel to rebels. I want a continuation of that story and I'm glad we're getting it.

It doesn't appear that Sabine is force sensitive at all. It will be crazy if she manages to become a Jedi on pure skill.

Mighty Member

Loved the first two episodes. Not entirely sold on Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Hera, but Bordizzo basically walked out of the cartoon as Sabine. More Chopper is always a good thing in my book.

The villains are interesting. Baylan isn't your typical mustache twirly darksider. Curious what the backstory will be there.

So many fun nods in this one. E-wings. What sure looked like an MC-30 inspired New Republic ship at the beginning.

Spoilers from Black Series toy releases which have not been officially revealed so far: spoilers:
    Someone on Twitter put up a picture of the Ahsoka Black Series wave (of which we've seen Ahsoka, Hera and Sabine) and it includes Ezra as we saw him in the hologram (his Rebels look). However, it's denoted as Ezra (Lothal) on the packaging. Something they usually only do if there is going to be another look for the character elsewhere which may get another figure down the road. Seems to almost guarantee that we're getting more Ezra before the show is over, in case anyone was doubting.
    end of spoilers

So does anyone think Ezra is posing as the Inquisitor?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

If Thrawn's in another galaxy, I'm kind of reminded of the somewhat overdramatic blurb for the movie adaptation novel.

"Luke Skywalker challenged the stormtroopers of a distant galaxy on a daring mission—where a force of life became the power of death!"

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I guess I'll see If I'll change my mind on Filoni's directing.
    I unfortunately didn't change my mind
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm loving that this show is a direct sequel to rebels. I want a continuation of that story and I'm glad we're getting it.

It doesn't appear that Sabine is force sensitive at all. It will be crazy if she manages to become a Jedi on pure skill.

We do have I think at least one example of a non-force sensitive being taught the "Jedi arts" with Greivous, although he was kind of cheating as he had his cyborg parts being able to create the super-fast spin effect.

Few thoughts

-That's Mark Rolston as the New Republic captain. He also was with Clancy Brown in Shawshank Redemption. Both of course have done other SW voice work, but also are very well known for the DCAU work.

-Another map?

-Anybody think Ahsoka blames herself a bit for Vader? Also does Hera know? She's met Vader in REBELS I think, but it's not common knowledge in Disney canon that Anakin=Vader among the New Republic until much later.

Astonishing Member

I hope that Ezra is more than a final episode dramatic reveal and battle addition. I want him to interact with everyone

Extraordinary Member

The first 2 episodes were good, much better than anything the Obi Wan series did. I'm not sold on the Ahsoka-Sabine relationship since that truly comes out of nowhere. There was that one time Kanan gave Sabine a crash course in lightsaber combat so she could wield the Darksaber when needed, but nothing about that would suggest she had any force sensitivity or could do any Jedi training. It just seems like forced conflict to give Sabine a reason to have a chip on her shoulder again after completing her arc with her people and family in Rebels.

The only plot-induced stupidity I noticed was the captain and security detail at the beginning, which is excusable to some extent since they assumed they were dealing with dealing with people who aren't force users. But why were the guards with their blasters out standing behind the guards who weren't holding blasters? That's the stupidest way to do it and just causes a friendly-fire risk if they are required to use their weapons. If they had to have the guards in front keep their blasters holstered while other guards held their blasters in their hands, then the way to do it is to have the armed guards be on a level above or walk around the suspects so they have a clear shot and have them surrounded. After Obi Wan was 'plot induced stupidity the show - everyone in the galaxy is a complete idiot,' I've become much more sensitive to stuff like that in these Star Wars shows.