Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She's not so much Force Sensitive so much as really competent and she hits Vader's sweet spot because she looks so much like Padme.
    Well that's not creepy at all.

.....Did Vader ever try to clone Padme? I feel like that's an option he would've considered. The clone wouldn't have Padme's memories or anything but hey, that's just a chance to fall in love all over again!
    Last edited by Ascended; 04-09-2023 at 09:45 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well that's not creepy at all.

.....Did Vader ever try to clone Padme? I feel like that's an option he would've considered. The clone wouldn't have Padme's memories or anything but hey, that's just a chance to fall in love all over again!
    He did try to basically bring her back to life in the Vader VR game.

Yeah in that and the second Vader comic he basically at least designed his palace as a dark side nexus to try to at least save her soul or something like that.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I'm not that familiar with this character but the trailer looks great. It looks like I'm gonna really enjoy it.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I couldn't imagine anybody else as Thrawn.
    I always heard Thrawn's voice when reading the Heir to the Empire series as something similar to Clancy Brown's take on Lex Luther.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I always heard Thrawn's voice when reading the Heir to the Empire series as something similar to Clancy Brown's take on Lex Luther.
    In my head he always sounds like Pierce Brosnan.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

My first introduction to Thrawn was Rebels so I only have the one voice .

I always heard Christopher Lee's voice.

Which made things kind of funny when the prequels came out and Lee played Dooku.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

One element of the Thrawn trilogy I think will probably be left out if this is a semi-adaptation is the whole Noghri subplot. It's one of the weaker ones, mostly dependent on Leia and Rukh was wasted on Rebels already.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I'm not that familiar with this character but the trailer looks great. It looks like I'm gonna really enjoy it.
    I was barely aware of who Ahsoka was when she showed up in Mandalorian season 2. That made me curious and I ended up binging all of Clone Wars and Rebels just to learn more about the character (I'm a big fan of Rosario Dawson, so....)

I recommend doing the same. Not a big cartoon fan, and Rebels especially was a chore to get through but Ahsoka is, no lie, one of the best characters in the entire franchise. When I think of what the ideal Jedi should be it's not Luke, Yoda, or Anakin I think of, it's Ahsoka.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    One element of the Thrawn trilogy I think will probably be left out if this is a semi-adaptation is the whole Noghri subplot. It's one of the weaker ones, mostly dependent on Leia and Rukh was wasted on Rebels already.
    Agreed, though the first time reading the novels I was fascinated by them.

I do expect that, either in Ashoka or in the Thrawn film (or both), we'll get an adaptation of the clone stuff as well as the Dark Force fleet. Curious how those things might be translated now. Would the Dark Force be a bunch of old Separatist ships?

I'm guessing Boba will take the role of Talon Karrde.

I dunno if we'll get a Mara Jade proxy. Shand will serve in Mara's role when it comes to being Karrde's first officer, but past that? Maybe that white haired woman in the Ahsoka trailer is a proxy, maybe not. I think it depends on how involved Mark Hamill will be too. Mara's a great character on her own but it's her relationship with Luke that really sets her apart now, I think. After all, we've seen a few dark siders come back to the light so that aspect of Mara's journey is a lot less unique than it was when the novels were written.
    Last edited by Ascended; 04-12-2023 at 01:37 PM.

~ Black Panther.

There's actually a similar plotline to it in the current Star Wars monthly.

However, although it's a lost fleet it's inhabited (Whereas I think the Katana fleet crew were all dead?) and not warships.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Kezarat_Convoy

The concept of a hidden fleet of warships also might be a bit too similar to "Rise of Skywalker" as well.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Could swap out the Katana fleet by splicing in some Dark Empire and have World Devastators.

Technically they were used in REBELS, although like Rukh, somewhat watered down.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Ore_crawler

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Given today's episode of the Mandalorian, I wonder if the potential faction war between Gideon and Thrawn will be carried over here.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

I dunno if we'll get a Mara Jade proxy.
    We may already have one. Elia Kane.

If they kill off Gideon, she's basically right where Mara was when the Emperor died. No Force powers, but the whole "You destroyed my life/cause" vibe.

Put Din in her crosshairs, instead of Luke.