Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Given today's episode of the Mandalorian, I wonder if the potential faction war between Gideon and Thrawn will be carried over here.
    I don't know if Gideon will last that long.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I don't know if Gideon will last that long.
    If/when Gideon gets what's coming to him, I hope Grogu is responsible for it. Not that I'm advocating for a baby to be a violent killer or anything, but I'd make an exception in this case. Gideon deserves it, and Grogu deserves the catharsis. Just one good Force push off the edge of those walkways, with their infamous lack of railings.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    If/when Gideon gets what's coming to him, I hope Grogu is responsible for it. Not that I'm advocating for a baby to be a violent killer or anything, but I'd make an exception in this case. Gideon deserves it, and Grogu deserves the catharsis. Just one good Force push off the edge of those walkways, with their infamous lack of railings.
    I think it would be a decent coda for Dinn's story to take him out.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

He is basically Din's nemesis at this point.

Oh, Din being the guy to do the deed is totally viable and well-earned. Gideon is absolutely Din's nemesis.

But I think Gideon is Grogu's boogeyman.

In truth it should be both of them, together, taking Gideon out. That's the "right" ending, I think. But I think it's a bigger deal for Grogu, offering more character development and richer narrative soil.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Oh, Din being the guy to do the deed is totally viable and well-earned. Gideon is absolutely Din's nemesis.

But I think Gideon is Grogu's boogeyman.

In truth it should be both of them, together, taking Gideon out. That's the "right" ending, I think. But I think it's a bigger deal for Grogu, offering more character development and richer narrative soil.
    I could see Grogu riding the Mythosaur to break his dad out of jail.

That'd be pretty epic. And using the Force to calm animals is one of the few tricks we've seen from him (telekinesis, jumping, and this, that's about it yeah?). And it also brings us back to the issue of Grogu's age. I think a lot of us expect that he'll eventually rule Mandalore with the darksaber but given his lifespan he's still years and years away from being old enough.

How funny would it be, after a whole season of Bo learning humility and becoming "worthy" to rule (questionable claim but it's what the show is going for), for Grogu to pull it out from under her feet by riding a mythosaur and, perhaps, fulfilling the "one will defeat twenty" prophesy? Suddenly Bo isn't the queen apparent, but just a regent watching over the nation until Grogu's big enough to take the throne.

~ Black Panther.

So Lando spent some time with his Twi'lek girlfriend (WHo might be the mother of his daughter, either her or Holdo) on Carson Teva's planet.

Kind of wonder if he'll show up in the post-ROTJ shows. Billie I think could do the voice, as he continues to do for the video games and other things, although I suppose Donald Glover would be the right age as well, and these days looks even closer to 80's Billie Dee. I mean, they're not deep faking the original actress for Mon Mothma for Ashoka....
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

So Lando spent some time with his Twi'lek girlfriend (WHo might be the mother of his daughter, either her or Holdo) on Carson Teva's planet.
    Where's this coming from? Comic? Novel?

Kind of wonder if he'll show up in the post-ROTJ shows. Billie I think could do the voice, as he continues to do for the video games and other things, although I suppose Donald Glover would be the right age as well, and these days looks even closer to 80's Billie Dee
    I've wondered how they'll handle the original characters, especially in instances where there's been a re-casting.

Han, you'd probably need to get Ehrenreich just because Ford doesn't seem at all likely to return under any circumstances.

But you could use de-aging cgi on Billy Dee *or* get Glover, and I think fans would accept it either way.

Leia....did she or her estate sell her likeness and voice to Disney? I don't think so? They'd probably have to re-cast.

And with Luke, they're already doing the cgi thing with him, but if the character ends up having a bigger role somewhere (like the Thrawn film), do they stick with that or try to re-cast? Hamill seems to be having fun and people seem satisfied enough with the cgi, but if you want Luke to have a sizeable role, can the budget swallow that kind of expense, or do you just call Sebastian Stan for a recast? If they switch from cgi Luke to a new actor, does *that* pull audiences out of the story?

Would it be weird seeing original actors next to the new ones? If you have cgi Luke or Billy Dee next to a recast Han Solo, does that throw things off enough to pull audiences out of the story?

And I saw an article the other day where Filloni and Fav talk about the vast array of characters they're looking at, trying to decide who to use. Lot of options out there in this era; you've still got the OT crew in their primes, you've got some older prequel era characters still kicking around, the kids from Rebels, not to mention the original characters of the Mando era like Din and Cobb Vanth and Teva and Jude Law's Skeleton Crew.....oh, and of course characters yet to be brought into the current canon like Mara Jade or Talon Karrde. Lot of options.

I suppose the Bad Batch could show up too, though I wouldn't expect them to appear anywhere until their show ends next season, just to avoid spoiling that ending. But if/when the Batch are used live action, do you bring in Temeura Morrison or recast? The Batch don't look like Temeura anyway (more like his cousins) so recasting seems the best option there to me.

Anyone have a guess who'll make the cut? Or any characters they especially want to see?
    Last edited by Ascended; 04-30-2023 at 10:25 AM.

~ Black Panther.

It's mainly from the Shadows of the Sith novel, which reveals what Luke and Lando were up to on Pasanna, and how that tied in with Rey and Ochii.

That Lando had a daughter that was taken from the FO is still canon although it was cut from ROTS. The FO specifically went after the families of Rebel heroes for Stormtroopers (Although some managed to escape or were never captured, Poe for example was the son of two Rebels who currently appear in Soule's Star Wars comics); and of course eventually got Ben through other means.

Astonishing Member

Depending on what happens here with Ezra in Ashoka. If he survives all his encounters with Thrawn etc. I wouldn't mind an older more mature version meeting up with Rey in her movie to rebuild the Jedi. It would give those movies more of a connection to Ashoka and Rebels.

Temura is onboard as Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    This should be a trip !

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Is he actually in it? Or is it like with Mando Season three where he said he was open but never got a call to bring Boba back.

I guess the announcement comes from One Take News, and he's actually in the show. But I don't know how reliable that is as a source.

Usually I don't believe anything until I see it, and this is no exception, but I'm inclined to think it could be true. Rex is an obvious character to bring onto the show and Morrison seems to enjoy playing in the universe.

Personally, I'm hoping we get a flashback to Endor.

~ Black Panther.