Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Other places have said Rex is in the show.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

New rumor is that Stevenson's character is a Jedi survivor of Order 66 who is now a mercenary, or "Saber for hire".

So basically a bit like Ventress, Kanan before Ezra, Ty Yorrick from High Republic, Maul (Sort of) maybe Grogu eventually....

Be interesting if he was basically Star Wars's answer to Geralt/The Witcher but I guess the High Republic character kind of covers that?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    New rumor is that Stevenson's character is a Jedi survivor of Order 66 who is now a mercenary, or "Saber for hire".

So basically a bit like Ventress, Kanan before Ezra, Ty Yorrick from High Republic, Maul (Sort of) maybe Grogu eventually....

Be interesting if he was basically Star Wars's answer to Geralt/The Witcher but I guess the High Republic character kind of covers that?
    How many more surviving Jedi can we get at this point...

New trailer with August 23 release date, Sabine in a saber battle and David Tennant voicing his other thousand-year old character he hasn't done in a while, Huyang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7-zia4oHuk

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, from what I've seen, the Jedi reached a peak of 10k before Order 66. Small number, considering the galaxy, I know. But any Jedi at the Temple or in the presence of Clone Troopers was almost guaranteed to go down (Kanan lucking out with the Bad Batch helping him). But we do know, from the Vader comics at least, that many went into hiding. Like what happened with Cal Kestis, though he later went on to fight the Empire openly, being a menace to them. But that seems to be more of the exception. Some did help the Rebellions as well, but in more subtle ways. But I imagine most just shed whatever link they could to the Order and kept their head down, lest they attract the attention of Vader.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    New trailer with August 23 release date, Sabine in a saber battle and David Tennant voicing his other thousand-year old character he hasn't done in a while, Huyang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7-zia4oHuk
    I know she had practice with the Darksaber but it feels weird to see Sabine with Ezra's lightsaber.

There were a decent number of survivors after the initial wave but a lot were also killed off by Vader and the Inquisitors in the years between (or became Inquisitors themselves). The second Vader comic goes into detail, with Vader taking on Jocasta Nu and Eeth Koth for example, and even a Jedi (Ferren Barr) who used mind tricks to gain followers.

It's unclear, for example, if Kal makes it....

Weren't we talking about this a while back?

It's become a troupe. It's no longer rare to find a 66 survivor. It's not thrilling, it's not full of potential that's half impossible to imagine. It's standard, it's assumed, it's boring, tired, cliched. Certainly there would be a number of survivors immediately after the Order, and we know some were on the run for many years before being caught/captured/converted/whatever. But it's being over done.

Looking forward to Aug 23! This is the show I've been looking forward to the most.

And it *is* weird to see Wren with the lightsaber, but....honestly I'm struggling to reconcile her in live action to begin with, for some reason.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

In the next version of the Empire Strikes Back Special Edition they'll have to change Yoda's line.

New version

Obi-Wan: That boy is our only hope.

Yoda: No there is another dozen.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    In the next version of the Empire Strikes Back Special Edition they'll have to change Yoda's line.

New version

I don't think it changes anything really, they don't think anyone else but a Skywalker will do.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Ashoka and Obi-Wan kind of already took their turns fighting Vader and they were the closest people to him outside of Palpatine and Padme. So naturally Luke and Leia probably had the best chance of either getting through to him (Like Luke did) or at least leaving Vader vulnerable enough.

Although in their first fight, Luke only managed to pretty much knock Vader off a platform a bit and a glancing but still painful-sounding blow to his shoulder (almost immediately followed by Luke losing his hand in retaliation).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 06-07-2023 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post

New version

Hahaha, indeed, retcons can suck like that...
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

New trailer just dropped. Lots of Ray Stevenson's character (as a sort of tribute), but also Sabine is Ashoka's apprentice, first good look at Thrawn, some of Lothal, Ezra, the space whales, David Tennant as the droid etc.

I guess when you've got rogue Jedi going "we're not Jedi," Ahsoka needs to reclaim the title just to stand out from the bad guys. I wonder why they're hunting Thrawn though, sounds like Stevensons' character was a Jedi during the Republic era since he knew Anakin.

Hera sounds younger and less...mom-like than she did in Rebels. Vanessa Marshall had a very distinct voice.

RIP Sabine's long hair. Honestly I barely remember her and Ahsoka interacting in Rebels so I guess now we need them to have a relationship as Ahsoka mentors her in fighting with a lightsaber like Kanan did.

Thrawn looks pretty good in my opinion. Ezra sounds straight out of the cartoon.

Isn't it fun watching people talk about a trailer?

Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)