Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    That’s what I keep saying but I keep touching that hot stove somehow expecting it to be cold and then I’m disappointed that it’s still hot. If only he’d stay out of the DCU proper. instead he’s writing Justice League. Who is buying this ****? Oh yeah, me.
    It doesn't help that Bendis is capable of some truly great stuff. Naomi, Action Comics Invisible Mafia, and Batman Universe are absolutely incredible comics. And then there's this.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    It doesn't help that Bendis is capable of some truly great stuff. Naomi, Action Comics Invisible Mafia, and Batman Universe are absolutely incredible comics. And then there's this.
    Exactly, that flame beckons, but always burns.

I really enjoyed Batman Universe and even his Superman (regardless of Jon's aging up); I really think he needs to write a Talia book.

He really wants to write a noir/espionage book. I think he could write an amazing villain book.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Curse Talia's sudden yet inevitable betrayal!
    I understood that reference!

So, did the Question even do anything in this series? (he survived I hope...)

Hey, I just realized than Bendis aged another child. It is the Bendis Accelerated Grow Up Syndrome!!
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I understood that reference!

So, did the Question even do anything in this series? (he survived I hope...)
    Question did squat.
    But then again, so did most of the 'team'.
    I'm with Bored, I won't be burned again.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Hey, I just realized than Bendis aged another child. It is the Bendis Accelerated Grow Up Syndrome!!
    Well, it makes sense.

I mean, what's more logical than an adult grown up in a waste land being the spearhead of a modern espionage group?

Sigh...

Have they clarified what exactly Leviathan believes, btw? Or are they just spies that hate spying?

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Well, it makes sense.

I mean, what's more logical than an adult grown up in a waste land being the spearhead of a modern espionage group?

Sigh...

Have they clarified what exactly Leviathan believes, btw? Or are they just spies that hate spying?
    Yeah, it was an interesting choice to say the least.
    That's two 'big' reveals that left me thinking "meh". Considering neither characters are particularly well known except to more diehard readers and neither were given the gravitas to leave you thinking "Holy ****! This is going to be EPIC!"
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Well, it makes sense.

Sigh...

Wait...

spoilers:
    Are we talking about Kamandi...?
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

Wait...

spoilers:
    Are we talking about Kamandi...?
    end of spoilers
    Yuppers.

Honestly, this feels more like an attempt to turn DC's spy scene into Marvel.

Leviathan is some large, ill defined organization (Hydra) while on the heroes side, there's one undisputed spymaster at the top, running things (Fury).

I really don't think that it was worth losing the other agencies/villains to get to this point.

Also, just wondering, but where the hell was Silencer?

Her entire series was predicated on her never, ever returning to Talia's side.

Then, naturally, in the first mini she shows up at Talia's side with no word. So where is she now?

Also, just wondering, but where the hell was Silencer?

Her entire series was predicated on her never, ever returning to Talia's side.

Then, naturally, in the first mini she shows up at Talia's side with no word. So where is she now?
    Hush!! Keep quiet!! If we don't talk about her, Bendis will not touch her.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

spoilers:
    So, wait, Bendis picks Kamandi, of all people, plops him into the present-day, and makes him some Nick Fury knockoff? What?

I've seen Bendis randomness but this takes the cake.

What is the point of Kamandi if he's not in a future time as the last fully-sentient human in a world of animal people?
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

spoilers:
    So, wait, Bendis picks Kamandi, of all people, plops him into the present-day, and makes him some Nick Fury knockoff? What?

I've seen Bendis randomness but this takes the cake.

What is the point of Kamandi if he's not in a future time as the last fully-sentient human in a world of animal people?
    end of spoilers
    He's not Nick in DC, that's Waller. She's at the head of the spy pyramid instead of one of several of equal weight, like when we had Bones as the head of the DEO.

But yeah, he makes no damn sense

He's not Nick in DC, that's Waller. She's at the head of the spy pyramid instead of one of several of equal weight, like when we had Bones as the head of the DEO.

In Marvel terms

spoilers:

It is like put Moon Boy in charge of SHIELD.
    end of spoilers

I remember the old New 52 days where they were trying to make that Steve Trevor .

I bought Event Leviathan.

I bought 2 issues of Checkmate then I stopped.

How can so many good ideas go to such utter waste?